Page 131 of 217 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 141 181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3242
    Inactive User

^^^^ Why Garth/Graham took on his huge contract from Penrith is beyond me. Clearly there wasn’t due diligence taken given these issues. Thanks again.

So he is basically sabotaging us from offloading him early by saying he’s a medical mess and then puts his hand out for a contract extension.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    So he is basically sabotaging us from offloading him early by saying he’s a medical mess and then puts his hand out for a contract extension.
    Yep Cartwright the clown. He should find a job in the circus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^^ /Graham.

God you are honestly the biggest clown on this site. You constantly slag off the man that saved this club. If it wasn't for him, you wouldn't have a team to whine about. It's the coach and recruitment staff who chooses who to sign. Not the CEO. The fact that you cant wrap your head around that just shows how much of a moron you are

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by jesto View Post
    God you are honestly the biggest clown on this site. You constantly slag off the man that saved this club. If it wasn't for him, you wouldn't have a team to whine about. It's the coach and recruitment staff who chooses who to sign. Not the CEO. The fact that you cant wrap your head around that just shows how much of a moron you are
    Thank you for the feedback and character assessment. Someone has to be number one clown and am very happy to in your eyes be the top clown.
    Good to see another new account by you. Graham did do well with sponsorships and being a steady ship during difficult times but it’s Daryl and Rebecca who get the undying love from me for saving it.
    Recruitment came down to Garth of course and Phil Moss but if you are the CEO the buck stops with you and there must be some accountability as the head honcho.
    Now I will block you.
    Till next time.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 12-07-20 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    but if you are the CEO the buck stops with you and there must be some accountability as the head honcho.
    You're a fool. You may as well put the blame on Darryl and Rebecca for the Garth signings. It makes as much sense as blaming Graham.

You're a fool. You may as well put the blame on Darryl and Rebecca for the Garth signings. It makes as much sense as blaming Graham.
    Happy for healthy debate but keep the personal attacks out of it please.

Junior

Cool your jets champ.

Mat Rogers says Titans have found halves combination to dream about
    https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

Titans great Mat Rogers believes the club has found the halves combination they’ve searched for since he and Scott Prince last ruled over Robina in Jamal Fogarty and Ash Taylor.

Titans great Mat Rogers believes the club has found the halves combination they’ve searched for since he and Scott Prince last ruled over Robina in Jamal Fogarty and Ash Taylor.

Fogarty’s virtuoso halfback play on Friday night orchestrated a 16-point swing to stun the Warriors, who had led 12-0 after 10 minutes.

His man of the match performance was particularly impressive because the Titans lost million-dollar five-eighth Taylor to concussion with 15 minutes to play.

In Taylor’s absence the 26-year-old rookie put the team on his shoulders to land the knockout blow, finding Beau Fermor with a millimetre-perfect grubber kick to score the matchwinner in the 76th minute.

Bringing the reigning Queensland Cup MVP into the starting team was a gamble that is starting to pay dividends for coach Justin Holbrook, according to Rogers.

“Jamal has shown he can handle the pressure of NRL football,” he said.

“One of the most important things when playing is to keep your composure and not overplay your hand and Jamal did that really well.

“It’s a real sign of maturity because it takes years to develop skill.

“Down 12-0 he steered the ship and when we lost Ash he went to another level.”

Rogers, who partnered Scott Prince in the halves on 30 occasions for 19 wins between 2008 and 2010, said he saw in Fogarty and Taylor the potential for a halves combination clubs would dream of.

“I think we’re starting to see it open up now,” the former dual-code international said.

“Ash made some decisions he wouldn’t be happy with on the weekend but he’s playing some of the best I’ve seen him play.

“I think that’s come down to Jamal relieving pressure and not leaving everything on his shoulders.

“If they can form a great combination it’s what clubs dream of, a six and seven they can count on.

“They need the full season (together), no question, and if Justin is happy with those two he’ll understand some teething problems.

“Princey and I lived in each other’s pocket, we had lunch together and went to the movies every other day and you need that relationship to build that trust and understanding.

“I’m sure they’re forging that and I’m confident in their ability to go to another level.

“With some new forwards, alongside others who are really pulling their weight in that pack, I’m excited for the future given the tenacity and grit they’ve showed.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

we need a hooker simple as that Reed Mahoney is a good one i think and still not signed for 2021
    or we could go this way ANDREW MCCULLOUGH for 1 year and chase CAMERON MCINNES for 2022
    Maybe Mcinnes will be sick of lock by then he would add heaps to our side
    JAHROME HUGHES for 2022 would be a good utility player for us and it would be bringing and it would be bring 1 home

Huge no to McCullough from me. Happy with any of the others.

fifita set to make a call on future in next 48 hours as Seibold pleads with the star to stay

Hot property back-rower David Fifita is set to make a decision on his future before the Broncos’ Friday night clash with the Wests Tigers, the Courier Mail reports.

With a mouth-watering $1.25 million per year offer on the table from the Titans, Broncos coach Anthony Seibold has reportedly pleaded with the 20-year-old to stay in Red Hill.

If Fifita does stay put he’ll sacrifice $550,000.

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Every game of every round Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Last week, the Queensland Origin representative notified the Broncos he was going to sign with the Titans on $1.1 million a year only to backflip on his decision the next morning. Gold Coast, desperate to lure Fifita to the club as their marquee player, then upped their offer to $1.25 million, leaving him in quite the predicament.

The backflip weighed so heavy on Fifita’s mind, the star reportedly spent the weekend with his mum Gwen, who has played a role in the negotiations, to weigh up both options.

Seibold, who expects to hear from Fifita with a decision in the next 48 hours, reminded him of what he would be walking away from if he takes up the Titans’ club-record offer.

“David has been at the Broncos since he was 14 or 15 so he has had a long-term attachment to the club,” he said.

“I love coaching him, he has some fantastic friends at the club, but it‘s David’s decision, it’s his family’s decision.

“I won’t try and sell the club to David, he knows what the club offers and I would love to keep him.”

MORE NRL NEWS

VOSSY’S VERDICT: Slap on the wrist that won’t stop ugly NRL trend from continuing

WHERE ARE YOU, TOM? Turbo’s absence stark as Manly minced by lowly Dragons

OH DEAR, DALY! ‘Struggling’ DCE endures error-ridden horror show against Dragons

TAUFUA’S BRAIN FADE: Manly flyer’s ‘cynical, stupid’ costly blunder

Meanwhile, Broncos captain Alex Glenn says the playing group are trying not to put any extra pressure on Fifita, but will make a few jokes about the potential money he could be earning.

“The only sledging is we make him shout all our lunches,” Glenn said.

“It’s a big pay packet if he gets that payment, we have all been in the same situation so we understand the pressures and we don’t want to add to that pressure.

“There is always banter around him shouting coffees.

“We can’t play footy for the rest of our lives.

“Although clubs would love to keep talent around, it comes down to the player and what’s the best decision for himself.

“I know making my decisions it was easy because all I wanted to do was bring a premiership back to Brisbane, but the way I think is totally different to other players.”

Glenn would love for Fifita to stay but says no matter what decision he makes they will support him and wish him well.

“It‘s Dave’s decision, and his family’s decision and if it’s to go to another club all we can do is wish him well,” he said.

“But I know the player and person he is and I would love him to be around longer, not just the talent but the character he is and what he brings to this team.

“His value is everything he brings to the team as Well”
    https://twitter.com/foxnrl/status/12...033301504?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

If Fifita rejects an extra $550k a year to stay at the Drongoes then all rugby league fans should be very concerned about the practices that are going on at the Drongoes and the fact that it’s only newspaper is owned by the same owner.
    There’s no scrutiny.

NRL 2020: Titans’ $1.25m David Fifita deal ‘most ridiculous in history’
    The Titans will be throwing money down the drain if they make David Fifita footy’s next million-dollar man for one simple reason.

The Titans have come under fire for their monster offer to lure David Fifita to the Gold Coast as rugby league pundits question the wisdom of the big-money play.

The Broncos are hoping their gun back-rower stays in Brisbane next season but he’s yet to make up his mind about heading further south to the glitter strip or not.

The Titans have offered Fifita a one-year deal worth $1.25 million — the richest contract in rugby league history — to join them in 2021 while the Broncos can’t promise him anything more than $700,000.

Fifita backflipped a couple of times last week. First he told the Broncos he was leaving, then had a change of heart and informed the Titans he was staying in the Queensland capital. That rejection sparked his mammoth $1.25m offer, which is still on the table as the forward weighs up his options.

Fifita has huge raps but not everyone is convinced the 20-year-old, who has played less than 40 NRL games, is worth that much coin for a one-year deal.

Speaking on the Big Sports Breakfast, Daily Telegraph rugby league reporter Phil Rothfield called the proposal “the most ridiculous offer in the history of rugby league”.

“I’ll tell you why it’s so ridiculous, because the moment he walks into Titans training in November, if he goes there, he’s on the open market. He can talk to other teams,” Rothfield said.

“How unsettling is that going to be?

“What a stupid, dumb offer. Offer him $1.25m but make it over four years. You can’t have a situation where he’s going to come in, the highest-paid player and the face of your franchise, and he’s going to be wobbling about next year.

“And if the Broncos can sort their cap out he’ll probably go home (in 2022).

“I’d withdraw that offer. It should have been, ‘Take it or leave it. Tell us in the next 24 hours’.”

Canberra legend and former NSW coach Laurie Daley was on the same page.

“You can’t sign a guy on that type of money just for one year. If you’re making him the face of your franchise, and you’re offering him $1.25m for one year, you want him to stick around, you want to be confident that he’s going to stick around,” Daley said.

“I know he’s got some issues with his management but I couldn’t pay him that money just for one season. I’d have to know he’s coming for a few years, otherwise it is a massive risk.”

Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold has urged Fifita to stay at Red Hill and the club is expecting a decision before the Broncos play the Wests Tigers on Friday night.

Former NRL great Luke Lewis has urged the young gun to make a call based on chasing premierships rather than money, and believes the Titans are over-reaching for Fifita with their “absolutely crazy” offer.

“You can probably buy two back-rowers for half that price and still be able to go and buy a young kid coming through and take a little bit of a punt on a real young, raw talent,” Lewis said on ABC Grandstand.

“If they pay that kind of money to go to the Titans, I think they’re just shooting themselves in the foot.”

ABC rugby league commentator Andrew Moore was another who can’t fathom why Gold Coast is intent on opening up its cheque book for a single season.

“For one year I find that to be just dumb from the Gold Coast to maintain that offer,” Moore said.

“All of a sudden with him on $1.25m and (halfback) Ash Taylor on whatever he is, $1 million … that’s a fifth of your salary cap gone on two players.”

Inactive User

^^^^ surely we haven’t offered him a one year deal? All those guys are rightly calling us a bunch of imbeciles in that article BUT is the premise of the criticism definitely correct?