Page 11 of 217 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Grew up with Tony Webeck from kindy to yr 12 in Coffs, him and his family are nice ppl and big Bunny fans.

No idea why the club would pull the trigger on signing Sami when the coach hasnt even seen him play a single game. If he has signed him because of 2019 footage then this is a problem
    I thought of you Teke when I saw him described in the article above, as the fastest Titans player ever. I thought Meady would have lapped him and I would have thought we have had many faster than him. Yeah he caught the Fox but I wouldn't have thought he was as quick as him either. The Fox must have been exhausted from his hit ups and other stuff, surely.

First Grader

Not sure why Souths would spend so much money on Arrow when they already have Murray who is better value. I think lock is probably the best position for Arrow so if they want to pay overs let them. I don’t think Arrow is more than what we have offered so I wouldn’t be breaking the bank for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I thought of you Teke when I saw him described in the article above, as the fastest Titans player ever. I thought Meady would have lapped him and I would have thought we have had many faster than him. Yeah he caught the Fox but I wouldn't have thought he was as quick as him either. The Fox must have been exhausted from his hit ups and other stuff, surely.
    Fastest titan ever Maybe top 20, maybe. Meady would beat him right now. Fox was exhausted. Titans have had some bloody quick players at various stages in their careers.
    Last edited by teke; 20-11-19 at 02:18 AM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

They'd be some interesting stats to see..

Geez you Manly blokes love to be negative don’t you

“In round 23 of the 2019 NRL season, Sami set a new record for the fastest Gold Coast Titans player in history by running 35.9km/hr in a chase-down of Josh Addo-Carr.”
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/27/...aster-in-2020/

Of course it’s hard to tell as there’s no stats on Mead or Kev Gordon’s top speeds but “Addo Carr was tired”??? PLEEEEAAASSEE give it a break

- - - Updated - - -

For the record of course Sami has a lot to work on in his game consistency and defence wise. But he’s usually over 100 running metres, he’s just about our only back with speed and he knows how to find the line. And his chase last year plus turning down massive overs shows just how much he loves the club and I don’t know about you but those are the sort of players I want at our club. So you can’t blame people for getting excited with his re-signing.

^^^
    I hadn't read anywhere that he turned down massive overs to stay. All I gathered is that other clubs wanted him and that obviously would have given him job security. The Titans have now offered that.
    I would be staggered if he was as quick as Mead, Gordon or a few others and until the Fox tackle I don't recall anyone thinking he was a "flyer".
    Anyway, certainly not my intention to belittle him at all and as you say, a bloke with loyalty can only be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    ^^^
    I hadn't read anywhere that he turned down massive overs to stay. All I gathered is that other clubs wanted him and that obviously would have given him job security. The Titans have now offered that.
    I would be staggered if he was as quick as Mead, Gordon or a few others and until the Fox tackle I don't recall anyone thinking he was a "flyer".
    Anyway, certainly not my intention to belittle him at all and as you say, a bloke with loyalty can only be a good thing.
    Nah all good MT I know you mean well, but just laugh when people say that in the chase down "The Fox was tired". He may have been fatigued but Sami would have been too considering it was 70 odd minutes into the game. Plus the 35km/h is a bloody good effort and is only 1km/h slower than Jimmy the Jet and 2km/h slower than Addo-Carr's top speed of 37km/h. Meady and Kev Gordon were both bloody quick no doubt but without exact stats we can't be sure how they rate compared to Sami.

I think it's an amazing re-signing. He's not God or the best winger in the league but he would be on little coin and is the best winger we currently have.

https://twitter.com/nrl/status/11657...792070?lang=en

He mightn't be the fastest Titans ever purely on speculation but he also doesn't hold the record for fastest stabbing at a church dance either. Hahahaha

Should Arrow go else where who do you think that the club should approach? I’ve looked at Zero Tackle and there is nothing around that gets me excited.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Should Arrow go else where who do you think that the club should approach? I’ve looked at Zero Tackle and there is nothing around that gets me excited.
    No one. Assuming we can’t offload Boyd and end up playing him from the bench, I’d like to see James move to lock with Mo and Wallace starting props. Spend the Arrow money on another position as we have a surplus prop anyway due to the Boyd/Wallace debacle.

I'd move Whitbread into lock.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    No one. Assuming we can’t offload Boyd and end up playing him from the bench, I’d like to see James move to lock with Mo and Wallace starting props. Spend the Arrow money on another position as we have a surplus prop anyway due to the Boyd/Wallace debacle.
    Agreed. I don’t know about James going to lock as he doesn’t seem to have the lateral movement that he used to but I think that we should be consolidating our cap before we make any more major recruitment decisions. We are far too weighted in the forwards at the moment. I think that Latu could potentially play lock as well if need be. He has a bit more ball playing ability than any of our front rowers but that would depend on him impressing the new coach.

For the record I think Arrow will stay. I don’t buy into the Sydney media that are printing stories purely because they have talked to his partners employer. He’s got the chance to do something special at the Titans but probably just wants to see how things pan out under the new coaching staff.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    That’s a decent idea too

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Not a bad idea mate..... he could develop into a solid lock....maybe the style of lock that tackles all day and handy for a hit up or two.....mmmmmm pitty we don't have Max King at our disposal.....

I know we have Hipgrave as well but I worry he is too loose in defence and injury prone??

mdrew do you think Farmer could be a Lock ?? Thoughts on Whitbread at lock ??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Not a bad idea mate..... he could develop into a solid lock....maybe the style of lock that tackles all day and handy for a hit up or two.....mmmmmm pitty we don't have Max King at our disposal.....

I know we have Hipgrave as well but I worry he is too loose in defence and injury prone??

mdrew do you think Farmer could be a Lock ?? Thoughts on Whitbread at lock ??
    Whitbread makes a lot of sense, I think farmer is a through and through edge forward so I just cant see him as anything else but a bloody good edge forward who will surprise quiet a few when he comes into scene