Page 91 of 217 FirstFirst ... 41 81 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3242

I think we should be going after Tristan sailor he looked quality in his couple first grade games last year isn't playing first grade now and would be a better full back option than Thompson or Sami or Roberts

Look like Bateman has signed with Wigan 5year deal

Rep Player

Probably for the best. Heck of a player that would’ve been good for us but he was always gonna get homesick with his daughter back in the UK. I’d rather we miss out than have to deal with him trying to get out of a contract in a year’s time.

Bateman needs a second round of shoulder surgery. I can now see why he was so frantically being shopped around. Thank goodness we didn't EAD on another deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Bateman needs a second round of shoulder surgery. I can now see why he was so frantically being shopped around. Thank goodness we didn't EAD on another deal.
    He's been a great addition to the Raiders pack, he is a good player, but happy to pass on him now that we know more of the details.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 03-06-20 at 09:05 PM.

If we get Thompson I think that It will a handy pick up as having AJ out has exposed our short comings in the FB spot. Sami has done an ok job at FB but makes a good winger and should stay there. I look forward to Thompson if we get him. Smart move by the club. He won't cost the earth but will cover Wing / FB . I'll watch this space....
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Titans racing clock to poach Tigers fullback Corey Thompson before Sunday’s game
    Nic Darveniza, Gold Coast Bulletin
    June 4, 2020 12:21pm
    Subscriber only
    The Gold Coast Titans are racing the clock to pluck fullback Corey Thompson off the Wests Tigers bench and into their No.1 jersey ahead of Sunday’s NRL clash at Suncorp Stadium.

The Titans are deep in negotiations to bring the 30-year-old veteran home to southeast Queensland in a shock mid-season switch.

Thompson was the Tigers leading tryscorer last year with nine tries in 22 games but was dumped from fullback for Adam Douehi when the NRL returned last week.

The opportunity to return to a larger role and move closer to family were key drivers for Thompson to pursue a new deal on the Gold Coast.

Thompson’s agent, Mario Tartak of Crown Sports International, said he was optimistic a deal would be struck this week if not the next.

“We’re just finetuning a few things now,” Tartak said.

“We’re looking at a multi-year deal with Corey stepping into the starting team immediately.

“The position he plays and the leadership he brings to a team like that will bring the Titans on leaps and bounds.

“We’re working on him for next week but hopefully it will happen this week.”

That experience and finishing ability promises to add immediate spark to a Titans backline thrown into disarray by the long-term back injury of young gun AJ Brimson.

Jonus Pearson, Anthony Don, Brian Kelly, Philip Sami and Tyrone Roberts have played musical chairs in the Titans backline ever since but the addition of Thompson would bring stability to the winless group.

Thompson is contracted to the Tigers until the end of 2021.

The Titans declined to comment.

Junior

Jason Saab looking for a new home. Would be a great pick up. 200cm/110kg

Quote Originally Posted by elltee View Post
    Jason Saab looking for a new home. Would be a great pick up. 200cm/110kg
    He'd be great, but I think there are 5 clubs circling already, we aren't one, and I doubt you would ask for a release unless you had a plan.

Peter Badel’s reporting that we’ve offered Thompson 3 years... https://t.co/dAh6btDJFn

Junior

165 a year.... good value. I’ll take him for that. Still money left for Saab and Fifi.

Please tell me that's $500k over three years, not per year

If over 3 years that's a good price

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Peter Badel’s reporting that we’ve offered Thompson 3 years... https://t.co/dAh6btDJFn
    "Forgotten Tiger"

The Titans could sign Jesus himself and Badel would call him a "controversial journeyman", anything to minimise the moves the Titans make

~160K per season for Corey Thompson is a steal. I like the way the back 5 is filling out; Brimson, Sami, Kelly, Copley, Pearson, Tonumaipea and now Thompson are all solid options out wide.

Ben Te'o has just signed with the Broncos for the rest of the year.

Yet watch them somehow secure Fifita as well. Not sure where all the money is coming from.