Page 216 of 217 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 212 213 214 215 216 217 LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3242

Really happy with the Herbert signing. We seem to be making all the right decisions of late.

Just having a good think about this year. I was thinking what was everyones rating of how things went this year. I had low expectations and they far exceeded that. How would you rate:

The Coaching
    The Recruitment
    The Teams performance
    Overal Score

For me:
    Coaching 10
    Recruitment 8
    Teams Performance 8
    Overall I would give everything this year a 9 compared to my expectations
    Psmitty

Agree with you on the low expectations so could've definitely played a part in bias ratings but I'll go with:

Coaching: 10, one of the things that always irked me about the team was how little structure we had. We'd have to rely on kicking to get us the majority of points. Even getting BK going down the sideline is something the Titans haven't done in yonks/my memory. Just good to see we have our own style of play. Could see improvement week in week out.

Recruitment: 9, Time will tell whether Fifita will be overpaid, but on quality of inclusions had to give a 9. Not only with the troops coming next year but also the astute signings throughout this year; Lisone, Jolliffe, Thompson and Fogarty etc. All performed well.

Teams Performance: Hard to tell. The start of the year it was clear Holbrook was just trying to sort out the team he wanted along with dealing with all those injuries to the centres. From around the Panthers game just before we got AJ back we have been competitive every week which as a fan is all you can ask for really. Have to agree with your 8, just because the start of the season was a struggle as expected.

Overall: 9

Next year will be a big test for Holbrook as expectations will start to creep up given the roster.

QLD Cup

Coaching 10: Can't fault what they have done really. There is clear daylight between what we had last year to the coaching staff we have now. Absolutely love the style that we play with but also the turn around in defence. All three of them deserve credit but also Mal for ultimately finding Holbrook and the club officials for getting him here.

Recruitment 9.5: Echo what TP said but would like to add that we shouldn't overlook the work that has been done getting rid of the deadwood in our roster. Tough decisions were also made towards the end of the year about which players we were going to let walk. Only disappointment is Arrow leaving but when you look at how we played towards the end of the year without him then it makes it an a lot easier pill to swallow. I think in previous years we would have paid overs for the likes of James, Arrow, YT and left ourselves with no money to play with to buy positions that we need (fingers crossed there's still a decent hooker to come).

Teams performance 6.5: Ultimately we didn't make the finals but if we played a full season I suspect I'd be rating them 8 because we were really looking good towards the end.

Clubs owners 10: Our image in the rugby league world has really turned around now and I put most of it down to them. Just think what would have happened if they didn't have the guts to buy Mal, pay out players to leave or trust that the coach and recruitment staff have it under control. I know that if it was me after seeing what Brennan did to the club, I'd be wanting input in every decision made.

Next year I see us finishing: 6th.

Apparently the chooks want to get rid of Flanagan. Thoughts on if we should target him?

Burleigh need a replacement for Fogarty
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Fogarty Taylor Boyd Sexton Weaver
    I’m very happy with our current and future halves direction

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    Apparently the chooks want to get rid of Flanagan. Thoughts on if we should target him?
    I would jump on a high class half. He isn't a high class half.

Mind you he is wearing a lot of the Roosters exit unfairly in my opinion. Wait for his father to get a job and he'll go there.

No need for Flanagan or any half. I’m happy with what Ash and Jamal are bringing and have confidence in our youth in that position for depth in 2021. As Bods said, we’ve got guys all at different stages of their development and also Jayden Campbell can probably be added to that list.

2022 could be a different story

I think Flanagan is hard done by from his club But I say no to us as well I would sooner Lam to be a utility for us
    I don't think T Boyd really is this sort of player
    Spry has surprised me this year and with Herbert signing makes it interesting for the right centre role
    I 1st class hooker and we be really knocking on the door next year

First Grader

They were talking about cam Smith on 360 last night and Ben ikin mentioned if cam was to play on he would fit seamlessly into the titans side and would instantly make us a top 4 squad. With his house on the Gold Coast and if the money was right and he wanted 1 more year.

Found that interesting considering ikin never has anything decent to say about us.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    They were talking about cam Smith on 360 last night and Ben ikin mentioned if cam was to play on he would fit seamlessly into the titans side and would instantly make us a top 4 squad. With his house on the Gold Coast and if the money was right and he wanted 1 more year.

Found that interesting considering ikin never has anything decent to say about us.
    Yes I heard that as well and Ikin seemed to speak as if he was aware of something. It still seems that even if Cam retires there are still two hookers playing for one spot at the Storm. If I had the choice of Cam for a year or Brandon for a few years, I'd take Brandon.

Email from the club.

Dear

Rising star Tanah Boyd has committed to the Titans until the end of 2022, with the 20-year-old extending his contract on the Gold Coast by a further season.

After making his NRL debut in 2019, Boyd played 13 games for the Titans in season 2020, providing spark off the interchange bench.

Boyd has played for the Australian schoolboys and last season was selected in the Queensland under-20’s side alongside incoming Titan Tino Fa’asuamaleaui.

The Runaway Bay Seagulls junior will also be joined at the Titans next season by his former schoolmate from Keebra Park, David Fifita, with the two keen to reignite their junior combination.

Titans Coach Justin Holbrook says Boyd is an important player in the Titans future and he’s excited to work with him over the coming seasons.

“I think it is a really smart decision from our Club to extend Tanah,” Holbrook said.

“He’s 20-years-old and I’ve blooded him slowly into first grade and he’s done a really good job.

“Over the next couple of years, I expect him to really improve a lot and he wants to push for the halves starting position which he will do his best for and we’re confident he can get there.

“It’s great that he is locked in for a couple of years now with us.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I wonder if Boyd will take over from Ash when his contract finishes at the end of next year.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    I wonder if Boyd will take over from Ash when his contract finishes at the end of next year.
    I doubt that if Ash chooses to stay on less money likes he's said before. Him and Fogarty are obviously doing well and will only get better the more they play together. As long as he's in form, I'd say Ash will be there a while