Page 154 of 217 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 164 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3242

Fifita was aware of internal ructions with a number of players unhappy in Brisbane’s current environment, their morale taking another hit against the Storm, which represented their eighth loss in nine games.

Several players are struggling with Seibold’s coaching style. Fifita had been weighing up whether Seibold was the right coach to take him to the next level as a player or if he would receive better mentoring under Justin Holbrook at the Titans.

The Titans have never landed such a brutal recruitment blow on their south east Queensland rivals and former Broncos hooker Michael Ennis said Fifita’s defection was a seismic shift.

“It’s an enormous blow for the Broncos,” he said.

“I can’t remember a player of that significance leaving the Brisbane Broncos and to go to their little brother is a real kick in the teeth for where Brisbane is at at the moment.

“You look at the forward pack the Titans are going to have next year and all of a sudden young halfbacks are going to want to go there, quality dummy halves will want to go there and outside backs.”

The Maroons hulk initially planned to sign a one-year deal due to a management spat but reached an agreement with his agent which allowed him to secure a longer-term arrangement.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e4859afb41dd81
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

My interpretation is $400k over 2 years so only $200k a year.
    If so...match the offer and see if he does some soul searching

If we lose James then I think we really need to resign proctor on a two year reduced salary deal, we really lack leadership and fifita and Tino and Herman aren't gonna fix that for us we will end up exactly like the broncos are now if we don't have some leadership in our side

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    My interpretation is $400k over 2 years so only $200k a year.
    If so...match the offer and see if he does some soul searching
    Well that’s a different story. Guess we spent our cap. That’s a shame, but his knee could have him playing zero games. Will have to leave the mentoring to the coaches.

Ecstatic that Fifita is on his way to us but really hoping James doesn't leave. What a day...

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    If we lose James then I think we really need to resign proctor on a two year reduced salary deal, we really lack leadership and fifita and Tino and Herman aren't gonna fix that for us we will end up exactly like the broncos are now if we don't have some leadership in our side
    That is my concern with these latest signings: where is the leadership? The older, wise heads? I don’t want to see a Drongoes issue occur. Makes Friend more appealing

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by kioli View Post
    Ecstatic that Fifita is on his way to us but really hoping James doesn't leave. What a day...
    Yeah come on it’s not over yet. Surely we can offer James 2 years at $200k a year and just see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Yeah come on it’s not over yet. Surely we can offer James 2 years at $200k a year and just see.
    They reckon over on the Raiders forum that Fox League announced it as a done deal. I can't find that anywhere though. Something we're missing?

Play only 39% of your possible games, get well looked after and loyalty from your employers while using the time to better educate himself ... he owes our owners everything and then leaves ... lost a lot of respect from me. He was the guy I offer to my son as a shining example... very disappointed in his choices.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Herman to prop and Asiati to lock I reckon. I am sure we are still after him
    I am hoping Asiata will be announced this week. Then start on firming up our backing.

Inactive User

Mal sat there saying nothing so he’s gone grrrrrrr

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Play only 39% of your possible games, get well looked after and loyalty from your employers while using the time to better educate himself ... he owes our owners everything and then leaves ... lost a lot of respect from me. He was the guy I offer to my son as a shining example... very disappointed in his choices.
    Unless we made no offer at all to him then I totally agree.

Good perspective as always T

First Grader

Agreed. It is not that he is going for the money. But to be honest before he was injured he was not the player he once was but he would have been good for leadership and depth

QLD Cup

This is what I thought of as well. I expected him to stay here next year for less and pay it back to the club. IMO he still has a lot of rugby left in him and with a decent pack around him he would have got back to some good form with us. It’s hard to buy leadership and he’s been at the club a very long time. Gutted to hear he’s leaving.