Page 206 of 217 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3242

We need a strike center but there's not much available and we need a good hooker more I reckon so I'd rather see Sami and spry develop at center, Holbrooks shown he can get the best out of young/average guys, but we do need an experienced center Aswell so maybe keep copely another year now

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Mr. Bods, you have no idea of his personal circumstances. A personal attack only diminishes your usually positive self.
    Do you know something about his personal circumstances that means he needs to get out of the GC?

Mr. Bods, you have no idea of his personal circumstances. A personal attack only diminishes your usually positive self.
    Maybe Young is going to take up another missionary position.

Not a huge loss to me.. his average.. be more interested in giving either spry or Greg whatever his last name is now a go..

First Grader

I would be looking at Steve Marsters from the rabbits who is off contract who shows potential given the right guidance

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Do you know something about his personal circumstances that means he needs to get out of the GC?
    No. And that's why I wouldn't make a personal attack on his character.

I hope we see some youth emerge. We were lucky to get Kelly back. GL? is an unknown having played very little all year. Are there any other centres that have come through Titans lower ranks and made good?
    Hymel Hunt was the great hope but is only coming good for Newcastle after going to a few different teams.

We are not the only club looking to fill center positions. There isn't alot of choice our there and it's one of the most underdeveloped position at the moment. Hopefully our coaches and recruitment can identify some talent out there to grow themselves or we will have to accept a play like Gerald Beale on a minimum wage contract if yoo want experience or a player of similar caliber. Unless we somehow get lucky and a player wants to break their contract and return home to QLD but that's wishful thinking.

Storm hooker Brandon Smith admits future hinging on Cameron Smith amid interest from Titans
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/

Storm star Brandon Smith admits his future at Melbourne is hinging on club legend Cameron Smith as the Gold Coast Titans prepare to pounce on the New Zealand Test hooker.

Brandon made a successful comeback from a broken jaw in Melbourne’s 50-22 thrashing of Wests Tigers at the Sunshine Coast last Saturday night.

He will take on a leading role when the Storm rest up to 10 players in Sunday’s final game of the regular season against St George Illawarra.

The Storm will then embark on a finals campaign which could be Brandon’s last in Melbourne colours.

The 24-year-old is contracted to the Storm for next season, however has made his intentions clear that he will consider leaving Melbourne if Cameron decides to extend his career into a 20th NRL campaign.

Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy was adamant Brandon would remain at the club next year given he was contracted.

But the Kiwis representative said he was open to leaving the Storm and was waiting for Cameron to make a call on his future, which will also impact Harry Grant who is on loan to the Tigers this season.

“There could be a chance (I leave) but I just want to focus on trying to win the comp this year,” he said.

“We don’t want to indulge in the decision that Cameron has to make so we will just have to wait and see.

“Obviously, with Cam, the decision will determine me and Harry’s future but there is no pressure on him.

“If Cam ends up leaving I will definitely stay at the Storm but until then we just don’t know.”

When informed the improving Titans were keeping an eye on him, Brandon said: “Are they? Big Mal (Meninga, culture chief). They are going all right.”

The Titans would be happy to secure any of Melbourne’s hookers - the Smiths or Grant - if they become available.

Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook says he is comfortable with Mitch Rein at dummy-half but there is no doubt any of Melbourne’s three No. 9s would improve the Titans, who are expected to challenge for a finals berth next year.

The Storm have long maintained Grant will definitely return to Melbourne next year, however Bellamy softened his stance recently.

“I’m not quite sure yet,” Bellamy said when asked if Grant would return to Melbourne.

“I don’t know whether you can say 100 per cent. We still don’t know what Cameron’s doing.

“I don’t really know that answer but I think it’s more likely than not that he will.”

Brandon came off the bench against the Tigers and racked up 11 runs and 23 tackles.

His jaw was given a solid test tackling the likes of Tigers prop Russell Packer and Brandon said it held up after he missed three games following surgery.

“Mentally, I was really nervous going into the warm-up, doing pummel and running into the pads,” he said.

“I was hesitant and holding my face away from contact. Then when I got there on the field, Smithy (Cameron Smith) threw me a hospital ball and Russell Packer hit me straight in the face with his shoulder. I thought that if that’s not going to break it then nothing will.

“I got through some contact at the captain’s run and it felt good. I got a few contacts to the head and the physio advised me that if that’s not going to break it then it should be fine.

“With Christian Welch (COVID suspension) being out I thought I’d like to be in the team to help them out. Everything worked out well.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

No. And that's why I wouldn't make a personal attack on his character.

I hope we see some youth emerge. We were lucky to get Kelly back. GL? is an unknown having played very little all year. Are there any other centres that have come through Titans lower ranks and made good?
    Hymel Hunt was the great hope but is only coming good for Newcastle after going to a few different teams.
    Well given you know nothing get off the high horse. We’ve given him a relaunch to his career, supported him, improved his form and made a good offer.
    He should sign.
    He wouldn’t want to be another Arthurs

QLD Cup

In all fairness we don’t know if the offer is fair or not Bods. Regardless, it is disappointing but I’m starting to trust in the decisions more with the coaching group and Mal in charge. When Arrow decided to leave last year I was nearly ready to throw it in supporting the club but when you consider the players we have coming now it’s not as hard a pill to swallow. IMO, YT is a slightly better centre than Copley but if he doesn’t want to be here then I’m sure we will find somebody else.

A lot of people here have been going hard at Spry but I think he has been going well. Granted his defence hasn’t been NRL standard but you can teach that. What you can’t teach is raw talent and size. From what I’ve seen he has both. He’d be my pick for starting centre if YT isn’t here and we don’t pick up Staggs.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    In all fairness we don’t know if the offer is fair or not Bods. Regardless, it is disappointing but I’m starting to trust in the decisions more with the coaching group and Mal in charge. When Arrow decided to leave last year I was nearly ready to throw it in supporting the club but when you consider the players we have coming now it’s not as hard a pill to swallow. IMO, YT is a slightly better centre than Copley but if he doesn’t want to be here then I’m sure we will find somebody else.

A lot of people here have been going hard at Spry but I think he has been going well. Granted his defence hasn’t been NRL standard but you can teach that. What you can’t teach is raw talent and size. From what I’ve seen he has both. He’d be my pick for starting centre if YT isn’t here and we don’t pick up Staggs.
    On the weekend I saw why he's been compared to latrell and GI, big frame with loads of raw talent but like latrell he always seems to be in first gear and abit lazy. Saw what he can do in open space though and I like i think he needs to be in our 17 at wing or center and developed he has that X factor that the only other outside back had is kelly

Is the Staggs talk just pipe-dream stuff? He's contracted for 2021 and Brisbane will pay overs to keep him given their desperation after the last few months. Can't see us being in the market for a 500k+ centre.

Spry deserves time to develop and the off-contract options don't bring much. I can see us bringing in a low-mid range player to replace YT (if he goes) as capable without being expensive, and wouldn't be surprised if we offered a train and trial to someone like Brayden Mcgrady who is a local junior that has been in the Penrith system for the past 2 years but has had bad luck with injures.

Our centre depth will be cut in half with Copley & YT going so unless Sami is an option, we'll be in the market one way or another.

Inactive User

Regarding Brandon Smith, he obviously improves us greatly in defence and in attack his runs from dummy half and anytime he joins in a movement off the cuff would be great.

BUT I have a question for you who watch heaps of footy.

What’s his service from dummy half like?

Well given you know nothing get off the high horse. We’ve given him a relaunch to his career, supported him, improved his form and made a good offer.
    He should sign.
    He wouldn’t want to be another Arthurs
    In fairness he came to us when we needed him more than the other way around. If he wants to go back to Melbourne or Sydney or wherever the Lord points him then No loss IMO. Athars was here for one year and the club and all knew that when they signed him. He served his purpose and then followed his old coach up the highway. Certainly hasn't worked out well for him but that's their decisions. I'm happy to see YT part ways. if we wanted a strike centre that can't defend we should have kept Hurrell.

Regarding Brandon Smith, he obviously improves us greatly in defence and in attack his runs from dummy half and anytime he joins in a movement off the cuff would be great.

BUT I have a question for you who watch heaps of footy.

What’s his service from dummy half like?
    From what I have seen it's as good or better than what we currently have but he excels in the other areas you mentioned. He would be a big upgrade on our current hookers.