Page 194 of 217 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3242

Broncos will happily pay overs thinking they can slap us because of Difita.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

What a **** pass from Taylor to Brimson to get the break for the try, eh GT101

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    What a **** pass from Taylor to Brimson to get the break for the try, eh GT101
    Wrong thread Firetruck but couldn't agree more, some people just love bashing Ash. To keep it relative to signings, can we get in a year or two early and make AJ a titan for life please. God I love him.

How about we just keep the criticism to the turncoats like Shannon Cushion Boyd and COVID Cartwright ... that was a gutsy win whether it was AJ the Awesome or Peachey the Plick. Woohoo love it.

I am reluctant to put this here but I wasn't sure of the relevance in any other context so here I go:

1. Our front row stocks: MoFO, Wallace, Jolliffe, Lisone, Ese2 and Whitbread when playing to their potential are certainly good enough to lay the platform for the rest of the team. I'm happy to invest in these workhorses supported by the distraction that Difita and Tino will be for any opposition defence.

2. Our back row stocks: judging by last night's performance it would be difficult to go past Fermor, Stone and Hipgrave as truly great foils for Difita and Tino. Those three are not big bodies but not small either and every successful team has players like them. They are the ones who don't have big downsides or big moments, that's for Fifita and Tino who get the big bucks. I'm very happy with continuing to bring them through.

3. Our lock stocks: I separated this position because being old school I prefer a ball-playing tackling machine in 13. Arrow hasn't come on in his ball playing and Peachey is Peachey but Peachey playing with some guts is a lot better at 13 than any other option we have. A good kick up the Khyber and he performs like that? Time will tell but we get a lot of advantages having him at 13 particularly with a strike bench. He looked pretty pissed when he came off and Whitbread got stuck in that middle section. I liked that a lot.

4. Our hooking stocks: Coach must have sleepless nights over this. Clark is way off, Tannah is a half, Peats is too expensive for his output and Rein lifted against his old club and hit with venom for a very pleasant change. I think we need a Smith very badly.

5. Our coaching group: I feel that the input and profile of Dymock and Lenihan should be addressed. Holbrook is the head coach and I think his support staff are great foils for him. I don't want to understate any of their value to the club as they sink or swim together ... go team Holbrook! And the others are included by the nature of team structures.
    Last edited by Titanic; 29-08-20 at 11:55 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Yep. We need a hooker and a right centre. If we don’t get one of the Smiths, maybe young Starling would be good pickup and Ilike that Steve Marsters as a centre.

Both are off contract this year and would jump at the chance of NRL next year
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 29-08-20 at 05:35 PM.

Great post T. Would love to see your thoughts on our stocks in the backs as well

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Yep. We need a hooker and a right centre. If we don’t get one of the Smiths, maybe young Starling would be good pickup and Ilike that Steve Marsters as a centre.

Both are off contract this year and would jump at the chance of NRL next year
    Starling is looking set to resign with the raiders

Retire or move on’: Storm privately feel Cameron Smith won’t be at club in 2021

Storm champion Cameron Smith is torn between retiring or playing on elsewhere as Melbourne powerbrokers feel he won’t be at the club next year.

Danny Weidler revealed Melbourne believe Smith will not be playing for the Storm next season, which gives him just two options as he considers his future.

“I spoke to the Storm and they are genuinely of the belief that Cameron is torn still,” Weidler said on The Big Sports Breakfast.

“The way Cameron Smith is thinking apparently according to the Storm is that his mind is telling him he can still play football and his body is telling him he can still play football.

“But the private belief for Melbourne is that he won’t be playing for the Storm next year.

“That means one of two things, either a retirement or moving on.”

Smith has played 424 games for the Storm since debuting in 2002, which makes the prospect of him playing against his only club hard to fathom.

However Weidler believes Smith’s criticism of Cooper Cronk playing for a rival club could come back to bite him if he decides to play for an NRL rival.

“I think it would be a bit hypocritical in some ways if Smith decides to keep going given he was quite critical of Cooper Cronk leaving the Storm and moving to Sydney and playing,” Weidler said.

“That might be playing on his mind, but the Storm feeling is he won’t be playing for them next year.

“But it is hard for the Storm to get a direct conversation with Cameron about everything that is going on.

“They are very cautious and even Craig Bellamy who is the only one who can really sit down and talk to him about it and there is some sort of weird stalemate between them where he doesn’t want to go up to Cameron and say, what is going on we need a decision.

“There is a level of respect and Cameron Smith has earnt that. Whatever you think about him as a competitor you have to admire what he has done in his career.

“He is a record breaker and the most influential player of the last 20 years at least.”

That leaves the Broncos and the Titans ready to pounce if Smith decides to play on, given his family is intent on settling in his home state of Queensland.

“His family are keen to settle up north and that has been the case for some time and I think they are in the process of doing that,” Weidler said.

“The rumour I heard was that when David Fifita was signing with the Titans he was being told there was the prospect of Cameron Smith coming there.

“Whether the Titans can fit him in is debatable given their salary cap. But if he suddenly became available they would make room.”

https://twitter.com/foxnrl/status/13...747076097?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Would be great to have Cameron Smith with us but I believe he will retire! I’m sure we will find out soon

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Would be great to have Cameron Smith with us but I believe he will retire! I’m sure we will find out soon
    Agree mate. My feel like yours is he retires. I would think that Smith will reveal all in the next day or two.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Obviously some don't want him regardless but Ash "100%" willing to take paycut to stay:

Gold Coast halfback Ash Taylor is “100 per cent” willing to take a pay cut to his million-dollar salary to help the Titans attract new talent.

Taylor is the happiest he has been as a footballer having finally achieved balance between his play on the field and his life away from rugby league.

If it takes a pay cut to ensure his future under Justin Holbrook and alongside a blossoming spine combination with Jamal Fogarty and AJ Brimson, Taylor is open to that discussion.

“100 per cent,” he said.

“When you’re not playing up to the cap it’s hurting the team.

“If that’s what it takes to attract new talent then definitely.”

Taylor said that discussion topic had not been broached by Titans leadership so far.

“I’d love to be a part of the future,” Taylor said.

“I love the Gold Coast, it’s pretty much home for me now.

“I was a little bit lost last year, which has been well-documented, but I’m loving the game and building that week-in, week-out competitiveness has really brought me back to life.

“Life away from footy has given me a new life.

“I’m loving every minute with my son, who’s 8.5 months and starting to crawl and say dad.

“When I wake up in the morning he’s there smiling at me.

“It gives you a new outlook on life.

“I’m loving every minute and when you’re happy off the field you’re happy on, and that’s reflected on the field.”

Did anyone catch 100% Footy last night? I almost threw something at the TV when Gus said, "The Titans are trying to buy their way out of trouble for about the 3rd time," and even the way he said it was really snarky towards us. Of course nobody stuck up for us after the comment was made.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Did anyone catch 100% Footy last night? I almost threw something at the TV when Gus said, "The Titans are trying to buy their way out of trouble for about the 3rd time," and even the way he said it was really snarky towards us. Of course nobody stuck up for us after the comment was made.
    I'll try find now any idea how far in?

Quote Originally Posted by TitanPremiership View Post
    I'll try find now any idea how far in?
    Not too far. It was while V'landys was still on the panel (first half of the show).

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    He's been really off us this year and I can only assume it has something to do with Brennan coming up here and failing so miserably after Gus publicly endorsed him and his Penrith batallion.