Page 147 of 217 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 157 197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3242

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Are all of Toronto’s players contracts now null?
    No idea, but I have heard rumours that they have not been paid.

Owner says he’s guaranteeing player and staff payments but in this climate who knows.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Can anyone with access, give us a summary?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...AA9N7t6q6ZnmLk

Kevin Proctor makes call on Gold Coast Titans future
    Nic Darveniza, Gold Coast Bulletin
    July 24, 2020 5:30am
    Subscriber only
    Kevin Proctor has declared his burning desire to see the Gold Coast Titans revival through to the very end.

Whether the Titans can find a place for the off-contract 31-year-old in their squad next year could be a different story.

Young backrowers Keegan Hipgrave and Beau Fermor have shown glimpses of extraordinary potential in relieving the injured duo of Proctor and Ryan James throughout 2020.

New recruits Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and Herman Ese’ese will compete for a starting jersey in 2021, with potentially more signings to join the fray as negotiations with David Fifita and John Asiata escalate.

Six backrowers, competing for just three starting positions.

The next nine games are Proctor’s chance to prove he can play a role in Justin Holbrook’s rebuild of the Titans roster.
    Proctor said he wanted to be a part of the club’s bright future.

“It’d be awesome (to re-sign with the Titans),” the acting captain said.

“I’ve been through a lot with this club and I just want to see them succeed and come out the other side.

“I want to be there when they do and hopefully they show some faith and keep me here.

“At the end of the day it’s a business and they’ll do what they think is the best thing for the business.

“I think I’ve still got plenty to offer – if it’s not helping on the field (to the same degree) it’s helping the young boys.

“We’re moving in the right direction, 100 per cent.

“The Titans are recruiting really well and we’re starting to build the foundation here with the group we have.

“We just need to build that consistency and that comes with the combinations you build, or the people you get in.”

MORE BULLETIN RUGBY LEAGUE COVERAGE
    - 17yo Coombabah halfback shatters Broncos NRL gym record **** I left this in for Bods ******

Proctor’s 13 years and 247 games of experience across the Storm and later Titans are a significant point of difference in a position group with an average age of 22 without him.

His 2020 form was solid, if unspectacular, before suffering a bicep injury that ruled him out for three weeks.

He returns to the starting team for a clash with the Penrith Panthers on Sunday. A decision on his future may come down to which of Proctor or Ryan James the Titans need more.

The 29-year-old James’ injury history is troubling, not just because he has suffered two major knee injuries in the last two seasons.

With just three healthy seasons under his belt, knee and shoulder injuries have limited the popular Titan to just 75 games from 188 possible appearances - an availability rate of 39.8 per cent.

Inactive User

FFS what’s this bit in the JB article that says 17 year old COOMBABAH halfback breaks Drongoes Gym record
    GAGF Drongoes
    God this pisses me off
    He better be in the Drongoes system only because we are all in for Sexton, TBoyd, Weaver and AJ.

FFS what’s this bit in the JB article that says 17 year old COOMBABAH halfback breaks Drongoes Gym record
    GAGF Drongoes
    God this pisses me off
    He better be in the Drongoes system only because we are all in for Sexton, TBoyd, Weaver and AJ.
    And yet you go to the Broncos forum and we steal all their players. Hopefully with Uncle Nick pulling some $ out of the club (selling half his shares) they'll have to reduce their budget and stop signing 3/4 of the juniors from here to Cairns.

Cheers. If we land FIFITA and ASIATA I would be pretty happy with our pack. Seem to still struggle with our backline.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    Cheers. If we land FIFITA and ASIATA I would be pretty happy with our pack. Seem to still struggle with our backline.
    If everyone is fit it's a better looking back line. Young T, Pearson, BK, Sami.

Rep Player

I'd be keeping Proctor and releasing Hipgrave. Maybe that's just me.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    And yet you go to the Broncos forum and we steal all their players. Hopefully with Uncle Nick pulling some $ out of the club (selling half his shares) they'll have to reduce their budget and stop signing 3/4 of the juniors from here to Cairns.
    Does Politis own shares in the Drongoes? Bloody hell. Do you know his percentage?

Talk on FB today of SBW. No, No, No. Absolutely NO.

Rep Player

Does Politis own shares in the Drongoes? Bloody hell. Do you know his percentage?
    Very low. He sold half his shares and it amounted to something like 50k. Bit of a media beat up.

Immortal

Just a heads up, the Titans have five of the best young Coombabah SHS Open rugby league players under contract, including, in my opinion the best of the Coombabah halves, the same young man who is the Coombabah SHS rugby league captain.

GAGF Drongoes
    God this pisses me off

Inactive User

^^^^ excellent

Roosters billionaire Nick Politis offloads Brisbane Broncos shares
    The Brisbane Broncos are reeling after the NRL’s richest man offloaded almost 100,000 shares in the club, adding to an already staggering figure wiped from their sharemarket value.

Peter Badel and Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mail
    Subscriber only
    |

The NRL’s richest man is winding back his investment in the Brisbane Broncos.

Roosters godfather Nick Politis has offloaded a chunk of his Broncos shares in the wake of the club’s form crisis.

The Broncos have seen more than $15 million wiped off their sharemarket value over the past two years.

Politis had more than 200,000 shares and helped his mate Paul “Porky” Morgan raise capital for the birth of the Broncos in 1988.

The billionaire will retain some shares but has sold around 100,000 in recent months amid concerns over decreasing share price.

The online meeting was branded a “facade” by some shareholders after claims chairman Karl Morris and CEO Paul White cherrypicked emailed questions to respond to.

Shares never traded much over 50cents a share. Think they're down to 40c.