Page 43 of 217 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 93 143 ... LastLast

[QUOTE=Mr Bods;400215]Yep. To me that’s blatant cheating.[/News Corp reported that English forward Burgess — who had to give the game away because of a shoulder injury — will earn as much as $360,000 a season over 10 years in the job.

From today’s Mole.

GAGAI FOR ARROW SWAP?
    The Titans have their eyes on Queensland State of Origin utility back Dane Gagai in a possible swap for fellow Maroon Jai Arrow with Souths next season.
    Arrow has signed with the Bunnies for 2021 - but has told anyone who wants to listen that he doesn't want to wait that long to make the switch.
    The Titans are playing hardball, however, insisting that Arrow sticks to his contract with the Gold Coast.
    But they are open to a swap and with Souths having plenty of depth in the outside backs, they may let Gagai go.
    The sticking point is whether Souths pay some of Gagai's wage for next year and that could stop the swap from going ahead.

https://twitter.com/9_moley/status/1211787628707627008
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Keep Arrow. Send his GF south. Hope they break up.

Arrow has worth to us for one year. Gagai has two years at $700k to pick up if he transfers. HELL NO.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Keep Arrow. Send his GF south. Hope they break up.

Arrow has worth to us for one year. Gagai has two years at $700k to pick up if he transfers. HELL NO.
    I want to run Arrow into the ground and sledge him from the outer all next year unless Souffs make us an offer too good to refuse.
    Gagai is not that.
    Next.

Immortal

Latrell Mitchell has also agreed to sign with Souths Sydney as we should not help them with their salary cap situation by taking Gagai off their hands.

I do not begrudge Jai Arrow leaving in 2020 but heck we hold all the cards and should play them only if it is a great deal for us.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Latrell Mitchell has also agreed to sign with Souths Sydney as we should not help them with their salary cap situation by taking Gagai off their hands.

I do not begrudge Jai Arrow leaving in 2020 but heck we hold all the cards and should play them only if it is a great deal for us.
    Souffs would no doubt believe that they can win the GF with the additions of Arrow and Mitchell.
    Subsequently we are in a position where we are dealing with someone that’s desperate to take what we have.

This is a huge opportunity to screw a team over and get a deal where we are the clear winners out of it.

Hell no to Gagai
    My way of thinking would be TEVITA TATOLA and some cash
    If we are after centre (hard to believe with the likes of Coply and Watkins ) I would look at Xerri and Mulitalo from the sharks Xerri was looking to go elsewhere before.
    What about giving Aitkins a life line better then what we have
    I woulld look at Lovodau as a utility and give Timms a next to nothing contract for 2020 but yeah I know the not local.

Owners should ask for a cash injection into the club that ends with six zeros if they want Arrow. Anyone else they’d be likely to offload isn’t helpful for us or our cap situation.

Orrrrrrr package Arrow with a couple of our large contracted dead weights.

I’m curious what souths are gonna pay Latrell.. wouldn’t think they would have that much money after signing arrow..I like gagai but my only problem is we are losing a younger forward who has plenty of years in front of him and are looking at someone who is 28 and will only have a few good years in front of him.. we need some go forward! Well also need another good centre.. never rated Copley that highly and Watkins doesn’t look that good, though I’ve only see a little bit of him so should hold judgement yet!

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    It'd be nice for a change, mdrew. This rolling over that we've done in the past is getting fairly ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Orrrrrrr package Arrow with a couple of our large contracted dead weights.
    You're a wicked man, JB. But I like it.

Neil Breen is another Donkey loving journo that has hung **** on us since our inception. Bit odd that he's blowing smoke up Frizelle's, Watts and Meninga's coight now. Probably be trying to get his foot in the door to get more dirt on us.

How we deal with Arrow over the next year is extremely important in that it sets a new precedent. We need to play some serious hardball otherwise it will be assumed that anyone who puts in a decent season from hereon out can be easily bullied away from us. If Souths really really want him for next year, we need to make it hard on them, or it's another nail in the coffin.
    Titans Proud, Titans Strong.

Inactive User

There’s no coffin. Other supporters do not speak this way. Our local kids and future generations will have the GC Titans to behold and enjoy.

Junior

Has either side come out and officially announced it yet? I know the “all knowing” media have been saying it for 3 months, I just haven’t seen an official announcement either way.

Nah they haven't, which most likely means they're in negotiations to release him for 2020 before they announce it.