Page 92 of 217 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 3242

Still think we needed a hard running backrower (like a Te'o) but Corey Thompson on 160k a year would be a steal. Him on the right with Sami on the left and AJ at the back in 2021 is solid. Not to mention he would also be one of the few on our current roster that would absolutely bust his **** every week and give 110%.

Should still have enough cash available to sign a couple of good forwards and a centre in 2021 anyway

Hopefully that's what we end up paying for him and we get him up here for next week. Got us a poor mans Gordon.

Rep Player

Saab is an interesting one. We haven’t had a big bodied winger since Nene MacDonald. I think it’s really important to have at least one due to the momentum at the start of the set. He’s apparently out of favour at the Dragons but then again so is the coach so maybe it’s not a player issue.

I note that google lists him at 230 cm and 170 kg. Not even Dave Taylor was that big

Junior

Thoughts on offloading Peats or Rein to broncos? They will be desperate for a hooker after that performance. Could solve our problem and finally give them some of our dead wood for a change....

Quote Originally Posted by elltee View Post
    Thoughts on offloading Peats or Rein to broncos? They will be desperate for a hooker after that performance. Could solve our problem and finally give them some of our dead wood for a change....
    If they're stupid enough to have them they can have a two for one combo

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Saab is an interesting one. We haven’t had a big bodied winger since Nene MacDonald. I think it’s really important to have at least one due to the momentum at the start of the set. He’s apparently out of favour at the Dragons but then again so is the coach so maybe it’s not a player issue.

I note that google lists him at 230 cm and 170 kg. Not even Dave Taylor was that big
    We already have Pearson who does a good job when given the chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    If they're stupid enough to have them they can have a two for one combo
    We will even throw in T Roberts and S Boyd...…...

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    We already have Pearson who does a good job when given the chance.

- - - Updated - - -

We will even throw in T Roberts and S Boyd...…...
    Zerotackle has Pearson at 185 cm and 93 kg. Not even close to the monster that Saab is.

Junior

Zerotackle has Pearson at 185 cm and 93 kg. Not even close to the monster that Saab is.
    Pearson has already reached his ceiling and leaves much to be desired unfortunately. I think it's obvious you need a rangy wing on at least one side of the field in the NRL. Saab fits the bill.
    Last edited by elltee; 05-06-20 at 09:25 AM.

First Grader

I would be trying to entice Xavier Coates back to the Coast who is a local junior and appears to be down the pecking order at the Drongoes

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I would be trying to entice Xavier Coates back to the Coast who is a local junior and appears to be down the pecking order at the Drongoes
    Imagine a backline of:

1. AJ
    2. Saab/Sami
    3. Kelly
    4. Young
    5. Coates

Actually looks like a backline
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

I don't think Saab is any better than the alternatives we already have. If you are looking for a point of difference go and watch the trial where GL played and pay attention to the carries that he made from our own line. He got limited opportunities but I thought he was very impressive.

He also had the most post contact metres and tackle breaks in the NSW Cup last year.
    Last edited by NZFan; 05-06-20 at 05:09 PM.

Imagine a backline of:

1. AJ
    2. Saab/Sami
    3. Kelly
    4. Young
    5. Coates
    That's pretty weak if you ask me. Comapre that to most backlines running around this weekend and that lot compares poorly.

Tino looking great for Melbourne tonight

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    That's pretty weak if you ask me. Comapre that to most backlines running around this weekend and that lot compares poorly.
    Big improvement on what we’ve currently got. I hope you’re not expecting overnight miracles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I don't think Saab is any better than the alternatives we already have. If you are looking for a point of difference go and watch the trial where GL played and pay attention to the carries that he made from our own line. He got limited opportunities but I thought he was very impressive.

He also had the most post contact metres and tackle breaks in the NSW Cup last year.
    The recent rule changes around tackling players in the air has made tall wingers more valuable than ever. GL would be good for metres (not sure how Saab goes with this) but he’s only 177 cm.