Page 90 of 217 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 140 190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3242

He's fast. But looks like another hole in the dyke that is getting plugged through reaction rather than planning.

Hes a safe, reliable, effort player that is an improvement on any fullback we have bar AJ.

Definitely a reactive gap filler but he brings a lot of intangibles that we are clearly missing.

If anyone uses it, the reddit thread on this is a good summary. Plenty of tigers supporters weighing in as well.

What's up with spry and gl and all our other young outside backs, all our young talented outside backs never seem to kick on into first grade like other clubs

agree HS, if Tigers fans are disappointed to lose him it shows that he should be a decent signing for us

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    What's up with spry and gl and all our other young outside backs, all our young talented outside backs never seem to kick on into first grade like other clubs
    Spry has been with us for a few years now and hasn't cracked a spot. GL despite good reserve grade form hasn't made it either despite being on his third chance at 2 different clubs. Must be something off the field or on the training field that is holding them back IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Take C Thompson as a stop gap at FB on a short low cost deal. Better than T Roberts by a long way.

QLD Cup

I'd be offering him a two year deal tops. He's a smart player that gives his all but he's not a player that will get us into the top 8. Similar to Mick Gordon I'd say.

I feel like Spry has been a little hard done by. He's been stuck behind Copley as well as Brecko Lee who are both average players. I'd love to see him given a crack, both him and GL looked good in the trial.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I'd be offering him a two year deal tops. He's a smart player that gives his all but he's not a player that will get us into the top 8. Similar to Mick Gordon I'd say.

I feel like Spry has been a little hard done by. He's been stuck behind Copley as well as Brecko Lee who are both average players. I'd love to see him given a crack, both him and GL looked good in the trial.
    Well he's 30 so I wouldn't be offering anymore than 2 years.

I'd grab him, we badly need a fullback. At the risk of getting flamed, Brimson has been decent for us without being outstanding. I don't have the faith of others that he is going to be anything great for us. Potential yes for sure, but a long way to go.

Rep Player

With the turmoil at the Dragons, what do you reckon about trying to nab Ben Hunt to play hooker?

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    With the turmoil at the Dragons, what do you reckon about trying to nab Ben Hunt to play hooker?
    At the right price I reckon he'd be ideal. I would pay no more than 400k for him which means the Dragons would have to top him up 800k to make his salary up. On those figures it wouldn't happen.
    Interesting discussion though. Anyone prepared to pay him more than 400k? He'd be a decent hooker and actually I'd take him to replace Taylor as well. Maybe a straight swap with Taylor. I know Hunt has his ordinary games but he is a class above Taylor even on his bad days.

He's on a million a year. Whats the idea with that?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    He's on a million a year. Whats the idea with that?
    Obviously not for full price, but if we can get the dragons to subsidise then why not

Alternatively, if we could direct swap for Ash as MT suggested, would you? Ash does only have 1 year remaining after this though.

Obviously not for full price, but if we can get the dragons to subsidise then why not

Alternatively, if we could direct swap for Ash as MT suggested, would you? Ash does only have 1 year remaining after this though.
    Wouldn't touch him in the same way no one touches our rejects.

Aj for me is not going to be up to everyone hopes so I would get Corey Thompson on a rest of this year and 1 more year deal.
    I would also look at Aitkens or Lafai on the same deal to give us a centre.
    I would get Reed Mahoney and Billy Walters they would be my hooker combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post
    Aj for me is not going to be up to everyone hopes so I would get Corey Thompson on a rest of this year and 1 more year deal.
    I would also look at Aitkens or Lafai on the same deal to give us a centre.
    I would get Reed Mahoney and Billy Walters they would be my hooker combo.
    I agree with each and every point ... although we have juniors they need to be mentored by better quality than some of the clowns we have on our roster.
    Last edited by Titanic; 03-06-20 at 07:01 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.