Page 121 of 217 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 131 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3242
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Really don’t think Asiata is worth 600k
    What do you think is his market value?

Asiata $400k-$450k (he's not even a starter at the cowboys - could be a starter here but could just as easily be bench)

Ese'ese $550k-$600k (he would be a starting prop here)

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Asiata $400k-$450k (he's not even a starter at the cowboys - could be a starter here but could just as easily be bench)

Your valuation of EseEse is SBoyd money. I’m not saying you are wrong I’m just expressing surprise.

Agree with 400-450 for Asiata, I’d say 500-550 max for Herman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Your valuation of EseEse is SBoyd money. I’m not saying you are wrong I’m just expressing surprise.
    Yep it is some decent coin obviously I would prefer less but I think that where our club would land based off track record.

I do like the Ese'ese signing though, he brings the ball up hard, has good leg drive and I think he would compliment Mo in the work your ass off department as well. Then we have the 2 cheaper front rowers on the bench with Lisone and Jolifee, who are both playing above what they're on.

Rep Player

Yeah 600 is a bit much for Asiata. He’s not Shannon Boyd.

Inactive User

Yep it is some decent coin obviously I would prefer less but I think that where our club would land based off track record.

I do like the Ese'ese signing though, he brings the ball up hard, has good leg drive and I think he would compliment Mo in the work your ass off department as well. Then we have the 2 cheaper front rowers on the bench with Lisone and Jolifee, who are both playing above what they're on.
    I’m hoping we have a rejuvenated and cheap local legend Dark James in our rotation next year. But you are right we can’t have just 4 front rowers, we need probably 6 all up on the books so those 4 plus Dark and one other cheapie (if we offload SBoyd/JWall) and we are in business.
    Tino/Hipgrave are capable of being in a front row rotation too.

I’d have Asiata at $475-500. I can’t blame the guy for not being the starting lock at the cowboys when LoLo is the best in the biz.

Herman I’d question whether he’d be worth about the same. Depends on what James wants to do or think he is worth on the market after not playing 2 years.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...9f1a5ccb83a9bf

With Corey Oates not getting a long with Seibs I wouldnt mind having the conversation with him if he wants to head down the road, yes his form hasn't been at his peak but not terrible either. He would bring some experience, he is friends with some of our players, doesn't have to relocate and has some decent size (might just need a change of scenery and a coach which empowers him).

1. AJ/Thompson
    2. Oates
    3. Kelly
    4. Young
    5. Pearson/Sami

Copley, Don as backups cause let's face it our backs always get injured.

GL, Spry waiting in the wings but still have a lot to prove if they're going to be starters. I would love them to succeed though but doesn't look like GL (although he killed it in reserve grade) is high in the pecking order judging by our team lists each week.

Food for thought....

Only wingers I really like in the NRL right now are B Morris, Sivo, Cotric, To'o, Katoa, Coates, Talau....so slim pickings available unless we uncover some kind of gem (wouldn't mind a look at Brent Naden from Panthers), but don't know if I'm ready for another year with another gamble, would much rather consistency and some more experience for 2021.

Lots of decent centres out there at the moment too, should we move Young or Kelly to the wing.
    Last edited by indoallstars; 04-07-20 at 09:30 AM.

For those like me who are missing watching the ISC and seeing our younger NRL squad players on the field - this Youtube channel does a good job of collating footage from a lot of fringe players they have made a playlist of some highlights of our young/fringe squad members in 2019:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...IzmavX8I3nB7kx

There's a lot more footage out there of these guys but this is a great initiative from RL Scout and gives us vision of players such as Spry, Seiuli, Fermor, GL.

Full credit to RL Scout on Youtube for the content.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 06-07-20 at 11:29 AM.

Asiata I would value at $250-$300K and not sure we need him and Ese Ese I would value at $$350-$425K. Ese would be the only one I think we need as he can play lock. I would think that long term Keegan Hipgrave could be our Lock. Not a ball playing one but a good cheap lock. Feamor looks likely and could be a good back rower for us I loved his first game for us despite other people views. To play 70-75 minutes in your first NRL game back from injury and for us was a huge effort. A big future he could have.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

NRL
    Brisbane Broncos’ Brendan Piakura chased by nine rival NRL clubs
    David Riccio, The Sunday Telegraph
    July 4, 2020 6:00pm
    Subscriber only
    Exclusive: How much power do player agents have at your club?
    ‘Nasty’: Wally Lewis says Broncos players divided over pay
    Don’t look now Brisbane Broncos fans, another rising star could be about to skip the border.

Widely considered a future Queensland State of Origin force, 18-year-old Brendan Piakura is just months away from becoming one of the most-prized signatures in the NRL.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal at least nine NRL clubs are positioning their salary cap in readiness to make the big, raw, left-edge backrower an offer as soon as they’re legally able on November 1.

A Tweed Heads local junior, Piakura is training inside the Broncos’ first-grade bubble after representing at Australian Schoolboys level. He was also chosen in the Queensland under-18s side last year alongside current NRL players Tesi Niu, Xavier Coates and Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow.

Piakura is also close friends with Maroons under-18s teammate Sam Walker, who is on a collision course with the NRL at the Sydney Roosters.
    Against the NSW under-18s last year, Piakura ran for almost 100m in the backrow and made 25 tackles in the 34-12 win.

Despite Piakura being on contract at the Broncos until the end of 2021, rival clubs can make a formal approach to the teenager from November 1.

And given the serious conversations already being held by rival clubs about reserving cap space for the outstanding talent, undoubtedly he will be targeted in the hope of prizing him out of Red Hill by the end of this year.

Working against the Broncos is the backlog of quality backrowers in front of Piakura, including David Fifita, Tevita Pangai, Alex Glenn, Ben Te’o, Jamil Hopoate, Corey Oates and Keenan Palasia.

However, the potential departure of Fifita to the Gold Coast Titans on a massive deal could pave the way for Piakura to lay claim for a starting spot in the Broncos backrow.
    Piakura also has ties to the Gold Coast. He grew up idolising Broncos legend Corey Parker, but was born in Newcastle and raised on the Gold Coast.

It’s his connection to the Gold Coast that will also see the Titans emerge as one of the nine clubs who will try to lure the young star back after unwittingly letting him escape their nest to Brisbane as a 16-year-old.

With a personal highlights package that runs for more than eight minutes, Piakura’s future will be determined largely by where he will receive the greatest level of tutelage, according to respected player agent Allan Gainey.

“There’s no denying Brendan could have a very successful career in front of him,’’ Gainey said.

“But what’s important is what he does with that talent and how we can help him receive the best opportunity to enhance his development under the right coaching.’’

—————————————

https://twitter.com/telegraph_sport/...530622977?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I think that the price we pay for success isn't determined by the market but by the value a player brings to the team ... paying overs is when a player underperforms and although we have a history of that if you get the right player then it's fine. Also having "cheap" squad members after they've proven their worth is as good as showing them the door, imho, and that's why good roster management works so well e.g. Roosters/Storm and conversely Titans/and to a lesser extent Broncos. Of course it helps if you have a great club profile and recognised coaching staff.

I'm not too worried about the backs and I think we don't need to invest too much outside our own rank and file. I'd be happy to go with this team next year:

1. Thompson (AJ can fight for it).
    2. & 5. Sami (but would take Oates in a flash) and Don (a Pearson or any other can try to unseat him).
    3. & 4. Kelly and Young (recruit from our own development ranks).
    6. & 7. Taylor and Fogarty (but like Boyd a lot with Sexton nipping at their heals).

And our forwards just need the deadwood cut out plus some patience and guidance:

8. & 10. rotation: MoFo, Jolliffe, Lisone, James (Wallace if we have to).
    13. Ese'ese (like him a lot), Hipgrave, and Whitbread at a pinch (don't mind Asiata but not my first choice).
    11. & 12. the F Troop (Fermor and Farmer) are my first choices maybe one on the bench to start with though but I'm a running, tackling, spirited edge believer with Proctor and Hipgrave (Cartwright if we have to).
    9. Am not rapt in any of our current crop but could be swayed to Rein (I don't think it was a coincidence that we dropped off noticeably when we lost him) and Boyd (but feel he is more a half) or Clark (as a back up) or somebody unsighted as yet.

The enigma Peachey is a bench utility only in my mind and if he's here then that's where he plays. With that roster we should be able to upgrade, keep who we want and a have little in the pocket for a marquee signing if we are lucky (looking at you Fifita).

So it's bye-bye to Arrow, Roberts, Copley, S. Boyd, Peats, possibly Wallace, Cartwright and Peachey.

That takes care of 2021 and allows us to compete for talent in 2022. Just saying.
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-07-20 at 02:50 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think that the price we pay for success isn't determined by the market but by the value a player brings to the team ... paying overs is when a player underperforms and although we have a history of that if you get the right player then it's fine. Also having "cheap" squad members after they've proven their worth is as good as showing them the door, imho, and that's why good roster management works so well e.g. Roosters/Storm and conversely Titans/and to a lesser extent Broncos. Of course it helps if you have a great club profile and recognised coaching staff.

I'm not too worried about the backs and I think we don't need to invest too much outside our own rank and file. I'd be happy to go with this team next year:

1. Thompson (AJ can fight for it).
    2. & 5. Sami (but would take Oates in a flash) and Don (a Pearson or any other can try to unseat him).
    3. & 4. Kelly and Young (recruit from our own development ranks).
    6. & 7. Taylor and Fogarty (but like Boyd a lot with Sexton nipping at their heals).

And our forwards just need the deadwood cut out plus some patience and guidance:

8. & 10. rotation: MoFo, Jolliffe, Lisone, James (Wallace if we have to).
    13. Ese'ese (like him a lot), Hipgrave, and Whitbread at a pinch (don't mind Asiata but not my first choice).
    11. & 12. the F Troop (Fermor and Farmer) are my first choices maybe one on the bench to start with though but I'm a running, tackling, spirited edge believer with Proctor and Hipgrave (Cartwright if we have to).
    9. Am not rapt in any of our current crop but could be swayed to Rein (I don't think it was a coincidence that we dropped off noticeably when we lost him) and Boyd (but feel he is more a half) or Clark (as a back up) or somebody unsighted as yet.

The enigma Peachey is a bench utility only in my mind and if he's here then that's where he plays. With that roster we should be able to upgrade, keep who we want and a have little in the pocket for a marquee signing if we are lucky (looking at you Fifita).

So it's bye-bye to Arrow, Roberts, Copley, S. Boyd, Peats, possibly Wallace, Cartwright and Peachey.

That takes care of 2021 and allows us to compete for talent in 2022. Just saying.
    I like it and echo your comments!

Where's does big Tino fit into your squad? Starting 2nd rower with either Fermor or Farmer on the bench?

QLD Cup

Nice post Titanic. I think you've hit the nail on the head with most of those comments. All in all our roster is beginning to shape up. I can't see us shaking Cartwright or Peachey but if we managed to get rid of Boyd and Wallace it would really improve things.

This may be controversial but I still see Tino as a bench forward. I also think we should look at signing Proctor for another two years. We need some experienced heads in the team. I know he won't break many tackles or bend the line like Tino or Fafita would but our pack is going to need to cool heads to get us through tight games.

I'd also like to echo what Bayside is saying in terms of value for Ese'Ese and Asita.