Page 119 of 217 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 129 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3242

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I'll be celebrating if we get Asiata and Dragons get Bateman and Wallace. Asiata is worth much more than minimum wage.
    I'd be happier if we go harder for Asiata, Bateman goes overseas and the Dragons are left with no choice but to take Wallace or anyone from Penrith from us.

Inactive User

The Suns are rising and this time I think it’s for real. I’m not saying they are going to make the top 8 this year but it looks like they will be a rising and improving force for the next 3 seasons and beyond.

V’Landys must if he doesn’t want the AFL to really land massive blows on the NRL ensure that WE successfully get Fifita.
    Strategically not only for us but for the Sport we have to get Fifita as it changes our hopes and perception.

Get Fifita and our pack is immediately strong, then in future years the likes of Haas, Staggs, TPJ, Xavier, Deardon et al nay want to join the GC force down here and get out of Brisbane and into the Beautiful Little City’s club.

On top of that our highly acclaimed youngsters coming through our system or going to PBC/Keebra will say bugger off to the poachers and say I want to play for my awesome local team.

V’Landys-do what it takes.

We get Ese'ese, Fifita and Asiata a lot of the nrl would be very jealous of our pack next year and the years to come.

Prop Ese'ese/Mo
    2nd Row Fifita/Tino
    Lock Asiata

Bench Jolifee/Lisone/ Proctor or James or Fermor/ Thompson or T Boyd or Peachey

Loving it!

Agreed we need either a consistent hooker (if Tanah doesn't grab it) or half. One more big body winger!

Would be competitive in my thoughts!

That's hoping everything plays out to plan

Junior

Brimson
    Thompson
    Kelly
    Sami
    Tonumipaea
    Maloney
    Taylor
    Mo
    Grant/Verrills/Billy Walters?
    Lisone
    Fifita
    Ese Ese
    James

Boyd
    Tino
    Hipgrave
    Asiata

Top 4/5 team on paper But let's not get to far ahead of myself haha.
    Last edited by elltee; 02-07-20 at 01:15 PM.

Rep Player

Ese ese is a middle, not a second rower

I see Asiata as a very smart signing and one we must secure. He is versatile enough to cover other positions in the event of injuries but also quality that he can be our starting lock for seasons to come. Under Holbrook, he can take on more of a ball-playing role on attack and allow Taylor/Fogerty/ whoever we have playing in the halves that extra second of time to make the correct decision.
    Ese Ese is an interesting one for me. If he can get back to the form he showed in 2018 when he made the Kiwis then I think he is a great player. Ese Ese and Mo at props with Lisone rotating will be a 1,2,3 punch that is still young enough to grow together.
    As good as Maloney has been in the past and brings success where ever he goes, I don't think he is a good signing for us. I'd rather see us persist with Taylor because his last few games he has started to bring back what he had when we first signed him, in his smart kicking game and unorthodox running game. If we could get Maloney in an off-field role perhaps next season, similar to what Cooper Cronk is doing at the Roosters then that is where I see him mentoring our halves more than on the field.
    Adam Elliot is also another I believe if we could get for cheap. He brings toughness to our squad that often we don't show enough off but also has leadership qualities that saw him being mentioned as a possible Bulldogs captain. This would be a smart signing in my opinion and could be used in tandem with Asiata
    We also definitely need a hooker that can run with the new six again rules. From what I've seen i was impressed with both Erin Clark and Tannah Boyd but they need to be given more of an opportunity rather than sticking with Mitch Rein again. Someone like Dani Levi could be perfect on the cheap as he is the agile type of hooker the rules seem to be heading towards. WOuld be a cheap player if the Sea Eagles don't resign him

QLD Cup

Warriors are going to be looking for three more loan players in the coming weeks. Two of them will be to cover Fusitua and Maomalo. I wouldn’t mind betting that they are looking at GL. It will be disappointing if they hand him his debut and it’s not us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    The Suns are rising and this time I think it’s for real. I’m not saying they are going to make the top 8 this year but it looks like they will be a rising and improving force for the next 3 seasons and beyond.

V’Landys must if he doesn’t want the AFL to really land massive blows on the NRL ensure that WE successfully get Fifita.
    Strategically not only for us but for the Sport we have to get Fifita as it changes our hopes and perception.

Get Fifita and our pack is immediately strong, then in future years the likes of Haas, Staggs, TPJ, Xavier, Deardon et al nay want to join the GC force down here and get out of Brisbane and into the Beautiful Little City’s club.

On top of that our highly acclaimed youngsters coming through our system or going to PBC/Keebra will say bugger off to the poachers and say I want to play for my awesome local team.

V’Landys-do what it takes.
    Admire your enthusiasm and I would love Fifita to come here but it would cause a riot if the Commission Chairman got involved in the signing of players, especially manipulating things to achieve it.
    It is actually corrupt behaviour. More specifically, what exactly do you expect V'Landys to do.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Admire your enthusiasm and I would love Fifita to come here but it would cause a riot if the Commission Chairman got involved in the signing of players, especially manipulating things to achieve it.
    It is actually corrupt behaviour. More specifically, what exactly do you expect V'Landys to do.
    Yeah sure I’m not saying he should publicly manipulate I’m saying he should use his magical powers off the record because he is a bit of a Midas Man to make it happen. Im pointing out that it’s massively in the interest of the game for us to get that signature.

A big Third Party Arrangement for example suddenly appearing would be a wonderful thing for Fifita, the NRL, Gold Coast/Northern NSW Rugby League and of course for the Titans.

Yeah sure I’m not saying he should publicly manipulate I’m saying he should use his magical powers off the record because he is a bit of a Midas Man to make it happen. Im pointing out that it’s massively in the interest of the game for us to get that signature.

A big Third Party Arrangement for example suddenly appearing would be a wonderful thing for Fifita, the NRL, Gold Coast/Northern NSW Rugby League and of course for the Titans.
    Secrets never last in rugby league but yeah, if he hears of a third party sponsor wanting to throw up some cash then not a bad idea.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I'll be celebrating if we get Asiata and Dragons get Bateman and Wallace. Asiata is worth much more than minimum wage.
    I think you might be thinking of Don. I couldn't see them offering him less than 450k a season

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I think you might be thinking of Don. I couldn't see them offering him less than 450k a season
    No, I was thinking of Asiata. Someone mentioned signing him on minimum. He's worth more than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Private manipulation is no better than public manipulation. If they do it for us, they'll do it for someone else in future. Integrity needs to come first for the good of the game and it's not the role of the NRL Chairman to be meddling with player signings.

Inactive User

^^^^ Chairman, underling, Vice President, Toilet Cleaner, Head of Advertising, 2nd assistant to the travelling secretary of uniform and toenail hygiene.... doesn’t matter who makes it happen, it’s a great opportunity for all listed in the previous post.

I’m a bit “all in” now on this Fifita acquisition. I think it could accelerate our rebuild by about two years.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 02-07-20 at 03:20 PM.

We've been through so much crap as a club I wouldn't want our first premiership tainted by something like that.
    Leave the corrupt premierships to the AFL fans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by kioli View Post
    We've been through so much crap as a club I wouldn't want our first premiership tainted by something like that.
    Leave the corrupt premierships to the AFL fans.
    Alright to you and anyone else being literal to what I’m saying Rather than reading my wider points
    1-I’m making a general point that Fifita to the Titans isn’t only good for us obviously but would be great for the sport
    2-corrupt premierships is huge in AFL for sure but you can’t say that brown paper bags, creative accounting and rorting has never not happened in NRL surely Kioli? I’d suggest that as recently as the last two Easts Rorters Premierships were rorts

The three of you have zeroed in on my V’Landys make it happen element of my post rather than the wider point of what a beautiful thing it would be for the game, region and club.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 02-07-20 at 06:12 PM.