Page 136 of 217 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 146 186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3242

The worst part is that contract figures in the media are generally miles off the actual amount. Do we really think a club is telling a journalist how much they are paying someone? It's manager driven to serve their best interests. I think if we all got a look at a club's roster and the respective salaries, we'd be in for a few surprises.

I really like that we're building a strong pack. I think the priority is a genuine 9. Tanah Boyd has a good future but he's only 19 years old and his long-term position is still up in the air.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 14-07-20 at 08:56 AM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    The worst part is that contract figures in the media are generally miles off the actual amount. Do we really think a club is telling a journalist how much they are paying someone? It's manager driven to serve their best interests. I think if we all got a look at a club's roster and the respective salaries, we'd be in for a few surprises.

I really like that we're building a strong pack. I think the priority is a genuine 9. Tanah Boyd has a good future but he's only 19 years old and his long-term position is still up in the air.
    I really feel Tanah boyd brings our forwards onto the ball better than any other hooker we have tried this year. He has a mistake in his game and its understandable as he is young and its probably from trying to hard. If he played there for the rest of this season, I think come next year he could go pretty well there.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I really feel Tanah boyd brings our forwards onto the ball better than any other hooker we have tried this year. He has a mistake in his game and its understandable as he is young and its probably from trying to hard. If he played there for the rest of this season, I think come next year he could go pretty well there.
    I like Tanah too, but I’d be playing Peats with Tanah off the bench.

One small consideration in the Fifita decision that he is making is that he is changing his manager for whatever reason and only wants a 1 year deal. There was some reports that they don't speak, so it could be assumed that the relationship has broken down and if so why would Fifita want to pay him more money . If the %age commission that the manager gets is say 8% then of $700k its $56000. If its $1.25mil $100 000. So this is $44000 difference. Fifita is not going to want to pay a person more that he is just about to leave.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Makes me feel better we aren't offering Fifita $1.25 for a year in that case

God looking at the broncos forum they're asking how the Titans are affording going after Fifita and signing Ese'ese and possibly going after Asiata as well. The broncos finally on the receiving end for once.....even if we don't get Fifita I feel like we are building a good squad for the future and only really needing a key playmaker in hooker or the halves

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    God looking at the broncos forum they're asking how the Titans are affording going after Fifita and signing Ese'ese and possibly going after Asiata as well. The broncos finally on the receiving end for once.....even if we don't get Fifita I feel like we are building a good squad for the future and only really needing a key playmaker in hooker or the halves
    Coming from the team who "allegedly" have Milf on a million, Boyd on $800k and Bird on a million.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Coming from the team who "allegedly" have Milf on a million, Boyd on $800k and Bird on a million.
    Flegler on 600k apparently

TPJ would be on that if not more

Inactive User

It’s just great knowing the Drongoes fans are upset

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Was reading one of the points in regards to our training facilities and fifita

"While the Titans may have a new facility to train in, i doubt it is better than our $25 million training center ... no incentive to move there"

He couldn't have exaggerated the 25 million any more. Ours cost 25 million too lol...

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2016/...e-at-parkwood/

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday. Just here for the weekly reminder that Chris Garry once tweeted that TPJ is worth more than Taumalolo.

He didn’t just think about it. He genuinely opened twitter, typed it out, and pressed send.

I simply cannot and will not get over it

Re the Broncos forum - simply hilarious reading.

https://broncoshq.com/threads/nrl-ru....36429/page-71

https://broncoshq.com/threads/david-....41886/page-39

Happy reading boys, they even saying the broncs if they lose Fifita have to get Harry Grant. Let's really piss them off and go after him as well

Where are they getting the Gagai to Titans rumour from? I've heard nothing.

Immortal

That was back at the time when there was talk he would be used in a swap deal for Souths to get Jai Arrow this year

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Where are they getting the Gagai to Titans rumour from? I've heard nothing.

David Fifita would regret not signing with Gold Coast Titans

Cronk believes Fifita should not only seriously consider the offer but secure his future over the long-term.

“If I’m David Fifita at the age that he is I’m not signing for one year. David Fifita is at the peak of his powers but if he signs for one year and something happens because he doesn’t reach those levels or an injury comes into play … you need to (do) what’s best for you. I’d sign for a longer term,” Cronk said.

It’s a signing that Cronk believes could turn the Titans into a ‘destination club’ in the same way Kalyn Ponga’s signature at the Newcastle Knights made the club more attractive to other elite players.

“It’s a dog eat dog world out there, you have to go after everything if you think that’s going to be the thing that takes you from the bottom of the ladder up to the top. If you look at what Nathan Brown did with Kalyn Ponga, everyone said they paid overs for Ponga but they have been paid handsomely in return for his investment. He’s now a player that attracts the likes of Tyson Frizell, David Klemmer. I think Fifita can do that for the Titans,” Cronk said.