Page 129 of 217 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 139 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3242

Keary won't come here I can tell you that, our club already passed on him, he's settled in Sydney (his parents, partner, Bros are there) and is driven by success.

All for going hard after Brandon Smith he is that tough player we need who is dangerous, just needs some bigger minutes at hooker.

Rep Player

Yeah I can’t blame Keary for holding a grudge against us.

There seems to be a real dearth of halves coming through. Maybe I’ve just been spoiled by the JT/Cronk era but I haven’t been overly impressed with the likes of Dearden/Croft/Flanagan to date.

Junior

Agreed. Green might be an option. Experienced. Would compliment Taylor....

Rep Player

Oh I was looking for someone to complement Fogarty hahaha

First Grader

I wouldn't write dearden off just yet. He's very young still, i think he could mature into an incredible 7

I would be very happy with his signing

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post

Calm your tits, JB. Mal has already helped to deliver us Tino and has been involved in some astute signings like Lisone, Joliffe, Young, Thompson and Fermor. Don’t miss the forest for the trees.
    I think you’re reaching with some of the involvement he has had in 3 out of 5 of those signings. Has he delivered anyone he has public named as a target for us. Interested to hear if your tune will change if we don’t sign Fifita because at this stage his only worth is offer more money. Kind of like having a sales force that can only sell on price. Not much use and a long term detriment to the company.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I think you’re reaching with some of the involvement he has had in 3 out of 5 of those signings. Has he delivered anyone he has public named as a target for us. Interested to hear if your tune will change if we don’t sign Fifita because at this stage his only worth is offer more money. Kind of like having a sales force that can only sell on price. Not much use and a long term detriment to the company.
    Which 3? You don't think Mal had a say in all of the signings I listed?

All I'm saying is criticism is fine but credit where should also be paid where it's due.

I had this thought.

If true that we have offered the $1.25mil to Fifita and he accepts on the one year deal it’s a huge gamble or show of faith from the Titans hoping he stays. Also , could it be the start of his long term contract with the Titans front ending the contract and the following 5 years being $950k ?? Just thoughts it’s what I would do as a contract for him.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I had this thought.

If true that we have offered the $1.25mil to Fifita and he accepts on the one year deal it’s a huge gamble or show of faith from the Titans hoping he stays. Also , could it be the start of his long term contract with the Titans front ending the contract and the following 5 years being $950k ?? Just thoughts it’s what I would do as a contract for him.
    He won't sign anything longer than 1 year because of his contract situation with his manager. It's not about frontloading; it's that he simply can't sign anything longer than 1 year.

Honestly $1.25m is a lot for a player and the only reason we are offering him this much because there is not too much talent available next year.....2022 however has a fair decent players off contract.

I think we need to be patient just like the knights did, get some astute purchases for next year and work out who are we building our club around. Are we building the club around Ash Taylor or is it going to be someone else because that will influence our roster management going forward. If it's not Ash than wouldn't it be better to save some of the kitty for when the right player comes around.

Sure Fifita is a gun, and combined with Tino would give us a good forward pack for years to come, but look at Brisbane they got all the young forwards of the world and no one to steer them around and get wins.

Food for thought...

He won't sign anything longer than 1 year because of his contract situation with his manager. It's not about frontloading; it's that he simply can't sign anything longer than 1 year.
    I understand he will only sign for 1 year atm. I didn't explain myself correctly. 1 Year $1.25mil.....wait until next year ( get rid of manager ) then the other contract kicks in at 5 years at $950k per year.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Honestly $1.25m is a lot for a player and the only reason we are offering him this much because there is not too much talent available next year.....2022 however has a fair decent players off contract.

I think we need to be patient just like the knights did, get some astute purchases for next year and work out who are we building our club around. Are we building the club around Ash Taylor or is it going to be someone else because that will influence our roster management going forward. If it's not Ash than wouldn't it be better to save some of the kitty for when the right player comes around.

Sure Fifita is a gun, and combined with Tino would give us a good forward pack for years to come, but look at Brisbane they got all the young forwards of the world and no one to steer them around and get wins.

Food for thought...
    Counter point, other than hooker I think ash and Fogarty are ready to go next year, having weapons either side of them and one of them being a game breaker who can score long range tries in Fifita could be the best thing for us. Like the overs that Newcastle paid for Ponga keeping newy juniors in the system if we have Fifita here he instantly makes it harder for fringe players to leave.

The two clubs to watch right now are Melbourne and Brisbane. Brisbane is going to leak 3/4 line players as all their juniors become frustrated with not starting, Isaako/Oates/Coates and Melbourne having to make a call between smith / Brandon / Grant at hooker we need to see who we can lure up here with game time

I’m not sold on our wingers right now we need to replace don and Isaako with his goal kicking would be easy to entice as he’s unfairly become the Brisbane whipping boy. I think we can get Brandon Smith from Melbourne and he would provide starch to the forward line in defence while poking through in attack. Wouldn’t lose him to origin too as he only plays nz test matches

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I wouldn't write dearden off just yet. He's very young still, i think he could mature into an incredible 7

I would be very happy with his signing
    For comparison, wind the clock back and take Ash’s wraps as a junior playing ISC, then double it. That’s Dearden. All the talent in the world and a professional kid by all means. Halves are usually the lowest converting from potential-stars to NRL-capable but Seibold isn’t doing him any favours. Really interested to see how he progresses.

Which 3? You don't think Mal had a say in all of the signings I listed?

All I'm saying is criticism is fine but credit where should also be paid where it's due.
    Does he have a say, probably. Does he exude an influence which is what he is paid to provide? Not in my opinion. In two of the signings he provided influence but at the same time one of the two we were the best offer the other one were the 2nd best offer.

Anyway, his ass is on the line with Fifita and all he can offer is $. So in my opinion he isn’t worth what the club is paying for him and certainly not while he doesn’t reside on the Gold Coast nor attend games or training sessions anymore.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Does he have a say, probably. Does he exude an influence which is what he is paid to provide? Not in my opinion. In two of the signings he provided influence but at the same time one of the two we were the best offer the other one were the 2nd best offer.

Anyway, his ass is on the line with Fifita and all he can offer is $. So in my opinion he isn’t worth what the club is paying for him and certainly not while he doesn’t reside on the Gold Coast nor attend games or training sessions anymore.

Surely its a straight swap with bellyache when he moves here next year. Finger crossed.