Page 40 of 217 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Let’s be very clear on this...the salary cap coupled with 3rd party arrangements are an absolute joke if they believe it evens out the field...it is currently grossly unfair and only really favours the powerful clubs that dominate large demographics...this is where we still currently struggle...and it also doesn’t help with media organisations owning large parts of some teams eg. Broncos.

Whatever we do, it cannot include helping Souths with their salary cap.
    Here you stay buddy until your contract expires, besides we have paid your off season cheque for September thru December (that is a third of yearly salary). You can leave in September next year.

P.S. Don't forget to have your shots for myxomatosis when we release you.

My point about Mal is that he is supposed to draw people here due to his “star power”. He hasn’t retained Arrow, he can’t even get Latrell here for a look around and see. Dead weight imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    My point about Mal is that he is supposed to draw people here due to his “star power”. He hasn’t retained Arrow, he can’t even get Latrell here for a look around and see. Dead weight imo.
    I think you are a bit too harsh on Mal there mate. Players don't come to us because we've been **** on the field for years. Why come to us when say a Roosters or Rabbitohs is offering similar money? Of course I don't think like that but you can imagine players would. Yes Mal should have a bit of draw but he's not a magician. The thing we need to do to get some quality here is to get the attitude right in the team and start getting some wins on the field. Then players might start coming here for something other than money.

How much footy do some of you blokes watch?

I ask because Latrell had about 2 good games all year last year.

NO.

He is damaged goods, just like Carty, Peachey and Boyd were.

How about signing some guys based on recent form, not past form, ffs.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 26-12-19 at 07:08 PM.

Wonder if we are looking to get Asiata for 2020 with him touring facilities a couple of weeks ago? Wouldn't mind him and/or Tino a year early and let Arrow go immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Pretty much what I'm thinking as well. You'd think Arrow would want to stay where the Australian coach is on staff. To me shows that we were well short on the money side of things, together with the bloke wanting to play in a decent side. The Suns are also losing their better players and they leave and go and play in winning sides. More money and a chance of finals - if you are a professional footballer the choice is easy I reckon. That said, I just wish Arrow hadn't played us for fools with his comments about wanting to stay. I still want the club to play hard ball with him for 2020, but we'll probably roll over again.
    As for the negative comments about Latrell, I think he is an outstanding player and certainly played well in many games this year. He was very instrumental in the winning gf try. Yes, he has plenty of issues it seems and I'm not sure I'd want to take the risk with him, but if he has his head screwed on he is a top line player.

If you believe mal was brought on as a recruiter then I have a bridge to sell you. Mal was brought in to fix back of house issues and keep an eye on Garth (which seems warranted given the season gone). He wasn’t brought on to coach, wasn’t brought on to take the recruiting clipboard or to play retention manager.

I still believe he has done things behind the scenes that will make us stronger for the 2020s. I think we may also here positive news about WNRL this season

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    How much footy do some of you blokes watch?

I ask because Latrell had about 2 good games all year last year.

NO.

He is damaged goods, just like Carty, Peachey and Boyd were.

How about signing some guys based on recent form, not past form, ffs.
    Agree 100%. Don’t want Latrell anywhere near the joint after his recent drama. He’s a primadonna of the highest order, much worse than Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    If you believe mal was brought on as a recruiter then I have a bridge to sell you. Mal was brought in to fix back of house issues and keep an eye on Garth (which seems warranted given the season gone). He wasn’t brought on to coach, wasn’t brought on to take the recruiting clipboard or to play retention manager.

I still believe he has done things behind the scenes that will make us stronger for the 2020s. I think we may also here positive news about WNRL this season
    Here we go again. No Mal was bought on as head of performance and culture. Just to recap we came last and the team assholed another coach. But for a bloke whom you believe has nothing to do with recruitment *cough Kallum Watkins cough cough* he sure likes to talk about players the titans are chasing but we never seem to sign.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post

I wouldn't waste your breath mate. I've been saying this for months but some people still think that he should be coaching, making recruitment decisions, forcing people to stay here against their will and probably running the water bottles. His role was always about fixing the backroom in our organisation and putting the systems in place for us to be successful longterm. The club has come out in the last few months and said that his role has now evolved to take on more recruitment responsibilities so as far as I'm concerned that can only be a positive. Mal didn't get much applause when we signed Tino so I don't understand why he deserves the abuse because Arrow has left.

As disappointing as it is, if Jai wants to leave then that's his decision. I don't see the point in calling him names because his partner wants to move to Sydney. I'd like him to stay and see out the last season of his contract and I'll still support him while he is here. One thing I do wonder is whether his decision would have been the same if he was made captain last season when James go injured. He's certainly captain material and I don't think he will get that opportunity at the Rabbitohs.

I wouldn't stand in Jai's way if he wanted to go next year. Particularly if we get a player out of South's pocket. It was never in our plans to win a comp next year with all of the dead weight still on contract, so I for one would rather clear him off the books (since he clearly isn't part of the clubs future) for any mid season opportunities that may arise.
    Titans Proud, Titans Strong.

Immortal

If Arrow goes in 2020 and another player moves on shortly, we will have just 23 players contracted, thus clearly the Titans have advanced plans to bring in at least five players early in the new year, including potentially upgrading some of the youngsters currently trialling.

I for one am excited about the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I wouldn't waste your breath mate. I've been saying this for months but some people still think that he should be coaching, making recruitment decisions, forcing people to stay here against their will and probably running the water bottles. His role was always about fixing the backroom in our organisation and putting the systems in place for us to be successful longterm. The club has come out in the last few months and said that his role has now evolved to take on more recruitment responsibilities so as far as I'm concerned that can only be a positive. Mal didn't get much applause when we signed Tino so I don't understand why he deserves the abuse because Arrow has left.

As disappointing as it is, if Jai wants to leave then that's his decision. I don't see the point in calling him names because his partner wants to move to Sydney. I'd like him to stay and see out the last season of his contract and I'll still support him while he is here. One thing I do wonder is whether his decision would have been the same if he was made captain last season when James go injured. He's certainly captain material and I don't think he will get that opportunity at the Rabbitohs.
    Didn’t see any articles where Mal was saying he would bring Tino to the club. He did go on record saying we would chase Fifita and Latrell though. He did bring Watkins here. Never wanted him to coach (Tonga probably does though), never wanted him to run water (pretty hard to do that from Canberra). He’s here to improve our performance (fail, finished last from memory) and our culture (our brightest prospect just left and we had a team that assholed another coach and gave up at the end of the season). So just wondering what anyone is seeing in his worth to the club. I doubt he’ll be here by next years end.

Inactive User

^^^^ I want to argue with JB but can’t find anything there that is not true