Page 37 of 217 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 137 ... LastLast

Jai the liar.

I'd rather he just f'd off this year. I hate being stuck with a dude who knows he's leaving at the end of the year. IMO it just holds someone else back who we could be grooming for that position this season. Let's face it, we aren't winning the premiership next year anyway so why even bother with him if he's not even going to be part of our plans going forward?
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 24-12-19 at 04:44 PM.

Gee guys ... he did this to us when he went to the 'Ponies, then to them when he came back to us and he hasn't changed his spots at all. We keep him if the coach wants him, we let him go if the coach doesn't. Bennett may not go the distance after this year anyway so it's about the money, the girl and himself ... not fussed either way tbh.
    Last edited by Titanic; 24-12-19 at 04:50 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

so now we must look to sign a 13.

Peachey and Carty are not 13s. They are edge backrowers. This Tino fella is unproved at NRL level. Whitbread is too slow. We need a solid, versatile lock, but who?

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    so now we must look to sign a 13.

Peachey and Carty are not 13s. They are edge backrowers. This Tino fella is unproved at NRL level. Whitbread is too slow. We need a solid, versatile lock, but who?
    Whoever is the young gun at Souffs who will be peeved that he just missed his chance.

Ps. I didn't mention Max King.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Whoever is the young gun at Souffs who will be peeved that he just missed his chance.

Ps. I didn't mention Max King.
    I never really rated King tbh, still don't believe we lost much there other than a depth signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Gee guys ... he did this to us when he went to the 'Ponies, then to them when he came back to us and he hasn't changed his spots at all. We keep him if the coach wants him, we let him go if the coach doesn't. Bennett may not go the distance after this year anyway so it's about the money, the girl and himself ... not fussed either way tbh.
    Yeah not fussed either. He has been great value and worked really hard in a terrible squad, good luck to him and wow on the reported money he is getting
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

So if we’re happy for him to go and get gagai or Johnston in return are we still happy. Souths aren’t going to give us jaydn or any one they want to keep in exchange. I say keep him. Play him hard.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    So if we’re happy for him to go and get gagai or Johnston in return are we still happy. Souths aren’t going to give us jaydn or any one they want to keep in exchange. I say keep him. Play him hard.
    Yeah, should we reward Souffs for taking the best player and a local junior off the team that came last by assisting them with their roster and salary cap management??? Not for me thanks.

Work the bejesus out of Judas Arrow and get off the bottom of the ladder. Then 2021 integrate Tino and the others we bring in when we remove the dead wood at the end of next year to really make a big move in 2022.

Gagai/Johnston is a terrible swap.

^ Especially Johnston. Gagai would be ok at the right price tho imo.

I'm still hoping we get John ASIATA.

Jerk move announced right ahead of Christmas.

Be interesting to see who plays lock next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    I'm still hoping we get John ASIATA.

Yep, good call this. I was thinking Peachey (but question his defence), but Asiata is tough, works hard, and can ball play as well. Any chance we could get him this year??

Inactive User

We do have Dymock/Lenihan to get Peachey or Cartwright up to scratch at Lock in defence if required

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Oh Christ, don’t start this nonsense up again. Given that Arrow joining Souths was dependent on Burgess medically retiring, which we only found out about a few weeks ago, do you honestly think RVS had insider info or do you think it’s more likely that he hedged his bet and finally got lucky? Give me a break.

Also **** Souths. Our new #1 enemy ahead of Manly. Actually make that #2 behind Greenberg for approving that disgustingly dodgy medical retirement. Even the insurers refused to pay out because they knew it was dodgy.
    Geez mate you bit hard there. You might not recall but I gave it to RVS pretty strongly when he said Arrow was off, which I think was before Burgess injury came to light. Anyway, no point turning on each other and it's irrelevant now.
    I'm pleased that Manly have slipped to #2 on your hate list, so that's a positive out of this.
    I agree with others that reckon we should keep Arrow for next year and flog the crap out of him. I would wish him an ACL in round 25 but I'm not like that.
    Regardless of Arrow's way he has dealt with this, the whole problem is the transfer system that allows blokes to sign for 2021 when we haven't even started 2020 yet. If I wasn't brought up on the game and it wasn't so ingrained in to my life, I would walk away now. But for me it isn't that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Bill View Post
    The Rabbitohs did to you what you did to us. You guys poached him after all those years developing him and now it doesn't feel so good when it happens to you, now does it? Serves you right you cellar dwelling cockroaches.

Never forget Round 19 2019; 34-12. Forever in our shadow.
    First elimination final: Parramatta Eels 58 def. Brisbane Broncos 0 4:05pm (AEST), Sunday, September 15, Bankwest Stadium