Page 85 of 217 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 135 185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 3242

Well I recall Bronson Xerri has been mentioned on here. We can forget him for about 4 years. Positive drug test.

Bateman would do me. We have been after mongrel since Birdy left.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Sorry Fifita is not a local junior, yes he attended school here but not a junior, an outstanding player though
    Spot on Mdrew and Fafita seems like a likely player. Do you think the other Jai W could be the one to take Jai A spot or is he more a prop ??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    John Bateman not the type of player we need. That will do me.

I can't remember the exact numbers but there was a pretty telling stat that showed Canberra's W/L ratio being much better with him in that side as opposed to when he was sitting on the sidelines.

IMO he is exactly what we need. He's a strong lad, runs hard, has a good offload and he's always busy no matter where they play him. Has a bit of mongrel in him too. Kinda sounds like the guy whose leaving us next year?

Fifita would be a good get but let's face it, he's staying at the Broncos.
    That telling stat means absolutely nothing, really. They won more games when one of their best players played. Surprise.

He's a great player. Absolutely. I just don't believe we have the team at the moment or next year to get the best out of him, that's all. My opinion.

Agree re Fifita.

Immortal

For me Jai Whibread isn’t a front rower and he works hard. He is not at Arrows level but a good young player regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Spot on Mdrew and Fafita seems like a likely player. Do you think the other Jai W could be the one to take Jai A spot or is he more a prop ??

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

He's a great player. Absolutely. I just don't believe we have the team at the moment or next year to get the best out of him, that's all. My opinion.
    HS - not trying to be a smart A but how do we know what team we'll have next year. Surely with all those blokes off contract and out of here we should have a few $$ to buy a few players. Bateman may well mix with the new team?

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    HS - not trying to be a smart A but how do we know what team we'll have next year. Surely with all those blokes off contract and out of here we should have a few $$ to buy a few players. Bateman may well mix with the new team?
    Yeah fair point, mate. And that could absolutely be the case. Looking at the off-contract players and what is required to get a team to play consistent, cohesive football, I think we're more than a few off-season signings away.

I don't even think we have the foundation in place to know what kind of team we are yet, and what kind of football we want to play. We're trialling new halves this weekend and our best fullback is going to miss half the year. We don't know who our best hooker is. Until these fundamentals are clearer, I don't think we can be certain in knowing what kind of team we should be building and what kind of marquee signings are going to bring the most value.

Only thing I would HOPE they are sure of is the players we DON'T need here after their contracts are up.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Only thing I would HOPE they are sure of is the players we DON'T need here after their contracts are up.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Which is pretty much all of them......

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Well I recall Bronson Xerri has been mentioned on here. We can forget him for about 4 years. Positive drug test.

Bateman would do me. We have been after mongrel since Birdy left.
    Xerri looked like being a genuine star.

Xerri is a star but a performance-enhanced falling star ... pity.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    For me Jai Whibread isn’t a front rower and he works hard. He is not at Arrows level but a good young player regardless
    Thanks mdrew. I really like him. I think he will be a good solid player for us.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Article today saying that Mal is sounding out Bateman as an Arrow replacement. 800k is the asking price. Assuming he is our 13 for the foreseeable future - do we think he is worth it? I’m not convinced he’s an 800k player as per my previous essay but am interested to see what we all think.

Immortal

I agree with HS not worth that much for me

Inactive User

Can we just go after Fifita please and do it properly.
    Then go about getting all the Keebra and PBC stars around him.

I see the article HS refers to in it doesn’t refer to us as “The Titans” but as “The Woeful Titans”.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 27-05-20 at 07:22 AM.