Page 62 of 217 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 162 ... LastLast

Lisone is garbage. Warriors fans don't rate him at all.

Stop signing rejects for christ's sakes.

Atleast it's only a one year deal so he will need to perform to earn another deal

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Lisone is garbage. Warriors fans don't rate him at all.

Stop signing rejects for christ's sakes.
    Mate....you are now the undisputed king of negativity! Please come to training one day ( I attend most sessions) and I will introduce you to the Coaches so that you can then have direct access to and control over the selection process. I have a suspicion that those who recruit in our club have closely and seriously considered this recruitment and they know what they are getting...the good and the not so good. So please, stop piling the crap on everything the Club does and try to see the potential positives.

I missed the part where it was only 1 year. That's OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    Mate....you are now the undisputed king of negativity! Please come to training one day ( I attend most sessions) and I will introduce you to the Coaches so that you can then have direct access to and control over the selection process. I have a suspicion that those who recruit in our club have closely and seriously considered this recruitment and they know what they are getting...the good and the not so good. So please, stop piling the crap on everything the Club does and try to see the potential positives.
    Better than ignoring all the negatives which got us into this mess in the first place and blindly praising everything this club does. I bet you were one of the people who praised all those useless signings from the Brennan era and thought we'd be better for it. If you think Sam Lisone will make an ounce of difference to this team then you clearly haven't watched him play in recent years.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 22-02-20 at 06:33 PM.

Inactive User

Don’t mind the negative one bit
    1-it takes the heat off me
    2-we did get the spoon last year and win 4 games
    3-everyone’s opinion positive and negative adds to the rich tapestry of the LOT

I missed the part where it was only 1 year. That's OK then.

Better than ignoring all the negatives which got us into this mess in the first place and blindly praising everything this club does. I bet you were one of the people who praised all those useless signings from the Brennan era and thought we'd be better for it. If you think Sam Lisone will make an ounce of difference to this team then you clearly haven't watched him play in recent years.
    I don’t think I can be accused of ignoring the negatives in respect to this club. Like many others, I have been critical of a number of actions of the club since 2007 and that in itself means that I have not blindly praised the club and/or officials no matter how good or bad their decisions proved to be. I believe in balance....if I think it’s bad or wrong, I will say it. Conversely, if I believe it is not worthy of criticism, I will not criticise.

I don’t know whether Sam will make a positive difference or not ( don’t forget, he is coming as cover, not as the run-on top prop) but I wont can him before he gets an opportunity to do his job. I have watched Sam playing for the Warriors and in Super League along with his international appearances and I have seen him play soon really good games and some not so good games. I do believe that, between Mal, Ezra, Justin and the two Jim’s, they have a pretty good handle on the capabilities and limitations of this bloke...even more so than you.
    I can take negativity....geez, this club has given us all good reason to spew forth from time to time but you just seem to be in a cynical, ultra negative rut. I hope you can get out of it and start enjoying what promises to be the start of a great rebuild and the commencement of a period where we can enjoy watching our young local juniors develop and lead the club to new heights.
    I used to think that Bodsy was a negative Nelly with little good to say but not only has he shown more balance in recent times, his Twitter posts show that he is the most passionate supporter of the Gold Coast community. Good lesson for all of us.

Email from the club.

Warriors enforcer and Samoan Test prop Sam Lisone will join the Titans for their 2020 NRL campaign, after agreeing to a one-year deal with the Gold Coast.

The addition of the 26-year-old prop will boost the Titans’ playing depth in the middle forwards after the loss of Ryan James to a season-ending ACL injury.

Lisone has played 85 matches for the Warriors since making his NRL debut in 2015, and was that club’s NYC Player of the Year and NYC Players’ Player of the Year in 2014, after leading the Junior Warriors as co-captain in their Holden Cup (Under-20s) grand final win over the Brisbane Broncos.

The 110kg, 184cm prop played 11 games for the Warriors off the interchange bench in 2019, and had been targeted by Warrington and Wigan in Super League for his size and aggression.

Lisone has played four Tests for Samoa, and has also represented the Junior Kiwis.

He is a product of the Otahuhu Leopards junior club that also produced Kiwi legends Mark Graham, Hugh McGahan and Tawera Nikau, current Warriors captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and former Titans centre Clinton Toopi.

Titans Head Coach Justin Holbrook said Lisone’s arrival would add to the competition for spots in the Gold Coast forward rotation, with the new season getting underway against the Raiders in Canberra on March 13.

“The injury to Ryan was obviously very disappointing for the Club, and left us a little bit short of middle forwards, so we are lucky that a prop of Sam’s quality and representative experience came onto the market so late in the piece,” Holbrook said.

“We are looking forward to him coming to the club, getting up to speed with how we do things at the Titans and putting his hand up for selection as soon as possible.

“Sam is coming to the Titans on a one-year deal, so we expect he will make the most of the opportunity and put pressure on the rest of the forwards for a spot in the pack.”
    ——————————————————————

My two cents is I agree with FT. Looks like he’s a depth signing but with a bit of experience should he be needed.

I know the Super League is different to NRL but Holbrook got Dom Perxyu and Zeb Taia to be a really consistent Second row players. So if he can polish this guy up a bit then we have a guy that can step up when needed but at a bargain price. It’s all about balance.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

"Warriors enforcer" lolol

Inactive User

Thanks for the shout out Firetruck

Immortal

You deserve the acknowedgment mate

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Thanks for the shout out Firetruck

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    You deserve the acknowedgment mate
    Thanks mdrew too kind coming from the great man

Anyway with TRoberts Achilles Injury I guess we now stop speculating on where Peachey plays. 5-8th is his.

Immortal

Tannah Boyd for me should not be discounted as a five eight chance.

I'd give Boyd first crack as well.

QLD Cup

I'd give Boyd first crack as well.
    He played a lot of minutes in the trial. I think he will get a shot but besides Peachy there is AJ if there is a suitable fullback option. Pearson perhaps?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    He played a lot of minutes in the trial. I think he will get a shot but besides Peachy there is AJ if there is a suitable fullback option. Pearson perhaps?
    I’m not a fan of AJ in the halves. I think he is 100% a fullback. I’d like to see Ash/Boyd start in the halves with Peachey playing a bench roaming lock or ball-playing second rower role.