Page 128 of 217 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 138 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3242
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I’ve got mixed feelings on this. I can see why we would offer that much for a single season. Get him here for one year so he can see what the culture is like and how Holbrook coaches and then offer him a long term deal at a reduced price. It would be harder for him to return to Brisbane once he’s been here.

On the other hand, what does it say to the players such as Mo who are very undervalued as far as their current deal goes.

I think ultimately we were going to have to make a play at somebody like this at some point. It’s naive to think that our junior system alone will deliver us a premiership. We are going to need some outside players to help bolster the squad. I can understand how it seems like a massive risk though when it has never worked out for us in the past.
    Our Junior System has never been utilised. Therefore it’s not naive as it hasn’t even got out of 2nd gear yet.
    Getting Fifita is a strategy to get that Junior System to function better and for us to keep the cream of what we have.

What’s naive is doing what we always do which is pay overs to blokes with no ties to here (unlike Fifita) and Giving them superannuation end of career top ups.
    That’s what we’ve always done. And it’s been an epic fail.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 09-07-20 at 06:35 AM.

Having not caught up with the thread, all I can say is no edge backrower, especially a 20-year-old one coming off knee surgery, is worth 1.25mill a year. Let him stay up there as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 09-07-20 at 08:54 AM.

QLD Cup

I’m not disagreeing with you on the importance of our junior system Bods. I’ve got nothing but good words to say about the work that has been done to get our system to the position that it is now.

I’m just saying that our junior system alone is not going to be enough to get us to genuine premiership threats. As you say we are going to need players to complement the core of players we have coming through the grades but narrowing our search to players that have ties here is silly (IMO). Yeah the players we have invested in previously have been flops. But so have some of the other players that have ties here eg. Wallace, Roberts. I just don’t think it’s worth throwing the baby out with the bath water because of mistakes been made in the past.

I don't want him anymore. Done with the narrative that Fifita and his mum are allowing the Bronocs to run with which makes us look foolish and unwanted regardless of the $. Withdraw the offer and look elsewhere. While your at it sack Mal for delivering zero to the club.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Having not caught up with the thread, all I can say is no edge backrower, especially a 20-year-old one coming off knee surgery, is worth 1.25mill a year. Let him stay up there as far as I'm concerned.
    I think the 1.25m was just for 2021 not the 5 year contract that would come after. I think their strategy is to do whatever it takes to get him into the system so it’s harder for him to turn down the 1m contract later.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not disagreeing with you on the importance of our junior system Bods. I’ve got nothing but good words to say about the work that has been done to get our system to the position that it is now.

I’m just saying that our junior system alone is not going to be enough to get us to genuine premiership threats. As you say we are going to need players to complement the core of players we have coming through the grades but narrowing our search to players that have ties here is silly (IMO). Yeah the players we have invested in previously have been flops. But so have some of the other players that have ties here eg. Wallace, Roberts. I just don’t think it’s worth throwing the baby out with the bath water because of mistakes been made in the past.
    Agree 100%. Local juniors should be a priority but it’s a pipe dream to expect a 1-17 of locals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I don't want him anymore. Done with the narrative that Fifita and his mum are allowing the Bronocs to run with which makes us look foolish and unwanted regardless of the $. Withdraw the offer and look elsewhere. While your at it sack Mal for delivering zero to the club.
    Calm your tits, JB. Mal has already helped to deliver us Tino and has been involved in some astute signings like Lisone, Joliffe, Young, Thompson and Fermor. Don’t miss the forest for the trees.

Inactive User

You are a great man NZ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    JB is so hard hitting. It would be such an interesting experiment if JB was the CEO. I do feel quite disrespected by Fifita I must say. Firstly he did benefit from our Great public school In Keebra Park. Secondly, he’s got mates here and can either live in paradise or not travel far to be with us. Thirdly, we’ve offered him the world financially. Fourthly, he’s allegedly taken the piss with this leaked story that he’d come for 12 months take Daryl/Rebecca/Sponsors/Working Class Members $$$$ and then run back to the Drongoes. Finally, he,his manager and the Drongoes Administration have leaked away and played it out to those two disgraceful Fan Boys Badel/Garry and Weidler while our glorious and undermined leaders have been all class.
    It all leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
    Whether he comes or not there will be positives for us to take away.

First Grader

Not to mention the disgraceful remarks by the Broncos Chairman stating that Fifita would be taking a risk going to the Titans

Inactive User

^^^^ very rude, arrogant, entitled and elitist.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^^ very rude, arrogant, entitled and elitist.
    So he's had the meeting this morning with the donkeys. I would say to organize the under the table contract to guarantee 2022 million's. So moving to the next topic.

How do we best use the 1.25+ mil? Harry Grant lets be real will be at the storm. Who else?

Throw the money at Cam Smith, might be able to poach Reed Mahoney.

I might be in the minority and think we need a half>hooker

I would take Foran even though he's not at his peak and has his injury issues for $500k, will keep the pressure off Ash and is solid defensively and straightens up the attacking line.
    Last edited by indoallstars; 09-07-20 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elltee View Post
    So he's had the meeting this morning with the donkeys. I would say to organize the under the table contract to guarantee 2022 million's. So moving to the next topic.

How do we best use the 1.25+ mil? Harry Grant lets be real will be at the storm. Who else?
    Off contract hookers next year include: Mahoney, Friend and Mccoulough. Out of those Mccoulough would be the most likely with Brailey being the first choice hooker and O’Brian stating numerous times that he wants an 80 minute hooker.

There isn’t really any class halves off contract which aren’t getting old except for Connor Watson, but I don’t know if he is the type of player we need at half, however he could be valuable coming of the bench into lock. I don’t really see him moving away from Newcastle though.

If Harry Grant slots straight back into starting hooker at the storm or Smith plays on, Brandon Smith could become a great target.

An experienced forward like Tamou who is also off contract next year would be a quality signing whil Nick Cotric would be a great option to add some strike power in our outside backs. Other than the names mention and players that we are already chasing there isn’t heaps of proven talent off contract next year but there are a lot of promising young player like Luke Metcalf.

This November we should be going all out on Flanagan and Keary as they are both off contract and hopefully if we go hard enough at both the roosters will only be able to keep one

Junior

I remember seeing an article saying Roosters preference is Friend long term. So surely Verrilli's will be looking elsewhere. He is a new south welshman unfortunately. I agree with the notion of sorting hooker/half out before anything. Watson is just a better version of peachy and a worse version of AJ. I would pass as he is just a utility. I like the Keary chat. Bring him back to QLD

If Brandon Smith becomes available I think he should be a priority target.

If you look at the knights, they signed Kalyn Ponga and Pearce and all of a sudden that helped them reshape their roster as those were players that players wanted to play with.

David Fifita is good but is he going to atract a bunch of Klemmers? No
    Last edited by FalconSloth; 09-07-20 at 01:40 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    If you look at the knights, they signed Kalyn Ponga and Pearce and all of a sudden that helped them reshape their roster as those were players that players wanted to play with.

David Fifita is good but is he going to atract a bunch of Klemmers? No
    Who do you reckon the next Pearce/Ponga could be? Luke Keary and Brandon Smith are the only two that fit the bill for me. There’s Tom Dearden and Harry Grant that are looking likely but they don’t have the runs on the board yet.