Page 139 of 217 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 149 189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3242

It’s a toughie. If you’d asked this forum a month ago we would’ve all been endorsing it. However for the last few weeks he’s been good.

Also I’m not sure how any player is going to sign for the SL when international travel and their competition in its entirety is in limbo.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Not impressed by this at all
    I dare say he isn't happy with what titans have offered him. They may have said well come back to us with some of your other offers.

Regarding fifita, if he can't make a decision by the end of next week id pull the offer on that Friday. Its becoming a deadset joke that I'm sick of hearing. If his hearts torn that badly over the broncos then he won't ever be happy here.

> He is off-contract at the end of the season, which has resulted in his agent offering him to Super League clubs.

It’s Hipgraves agent doing the offering not the club. Must not be getting much love on a contract upgrade and playing theatrics through the media

Yeh I don’t get why it’s taking Fifita that long to decide.. just make your decision, get it off your chest and get the stress out of your life.. his just stressing himself out.. unless his been asked to hold off so they can try offload someone to offer him more money.. who knows.. Chris Garry probably has nothing to report so his just taking a guess and running with it too

Think you are on the money Croc, my guess is that Brisbane told Fifita to wait as there has been rumours of them trying to offload Isaako and Oates for next season so wouldn't be shocked if he's waiting for either of them to go so the Donkeys can offer him more money. That's the only reasonable explanation for the massive wait, I mean getting an extra 500k for the same job is a no brainer so it's obviously something deeper at work.

Hipgrave I would love to keep after his performances in the last month or so, however not for big bucks. Would be happy to keep him on say 200-250k but not much more as he still has errors in him and his best position is off the bench IMO.

If my choices are keeping Proctor or Hipgrave I’m keeping the latter. Less money, more passion

Inactive User

Club can’t do anything really until Fifita decides.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    It’s a toughie. If you’d asked this forum a month ago we would’ve all been endorsing it.
    Not all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    If my choices are keeping Proctor or Hipgrave I’m keeping the latter. Less money, more passion
    With fermor farmer seuili tino Ese’ese and more development SR players we don’t really need either. At least proctor has some big game experience I guess but even that is tenuous when you have a leader like Fogarty on field and coaching staff like the jimmys and Holbrook

Tino Fa’asuamaleaui wants David Fifita to join Gold Coast Titans

Gold Coast-bound Tino Fa’asuamaleaui has urged off-contract Broncos star David Fifita to follow his lead and take a leap of faith, believing the pair can help turn the Titans into a premiership force.

The Titans will get a first-hand view of the 115kg monster they will inherit next season when Storm forward Fa’asuamaleaui takes on his future Gold Coast club in Friday night’s clash at Sunshine Coast Stadium.

Fa’asuamaleaui is totally committed to the Storm this season and Melbourne’s relocation to the Sunshine Coast represents a welcome return to the region where the 20-year-old cut his teeth in the Intrust Super Cup.

But when he severs ties with the Storm at season’s end, Fa’asuamaleaui will become a key weapon in the Titans’ cultural transformation — and he hopes his good mate Fifita arrives on the Gold Coast with him.

Fa’asuamaleaui and Fifita forged a close bond as teenagers in Queensland junior representative teams and the Storm young gun hopes they can reunite at the Titans.

“I would love to see David Fifita with me at the Titans,” Fa’asuamaleaui said.

“Dave is one of my best mates and we would be great together. It would be a good help to have someone like Dave who would come from a good system at the Broncos and have the same motivations to turn the Titans into a force.

“He has a huge decision to make and if he stays at the Broncos, I will support whatever he decides because we will always be mates.

“But if Dave comes, it would be massive for the Titans.

“His talent is obvious but I’ve seen the way he trains and the way he holds himself as a person. A lot of people at the Titans would see how hard he trains and look up to him.

“I spoke to Dave the other day to see how his knee is going. I honestly don’t know what he will do. He hasn’t told me, but I guess I will find out soon.”

For now, Fa’asuamaleaui is keen to continue his journey at the Storm. The power forward was outstanding in Melbourne’s epic defeat of the Roosters a fortnight ago and is keen to make a statement against the Titans.

“I’m always excited to play for the Storm and it will mean a lot to play here on the Sunshine Coast where I have played a lot of football in the Intrust Super Cup,” he said.

“I guess I want to show the Titans what they are getting next year.

“A lot of people might say why would I want to leave a great club like Melbourne and sign with the Titans?

“Family was a big factor, but I also want to challenge myself and I would love to be part of helping the culture of the Titans and steer them to a more successful future.

“I have learned what’s required to be an NRL player at the Storm. The Storm fight for every bit and don’t stop until the end and hopefully I can bring that mindset to the Titans.”

I'm one of Hipgraves biggest fans and would be in the minority when I value him absolutely crucial to our plans going forward. Keegan has something in him which can't be taught or trained into a player, he will break his body for the club, he will back up his mates in any biff, he has brainsnaps and handling issues but that can be fixed. Greg Bird had issues too when he started but turned into a representative player without the most skill or physical gifts.

I think the best way to measure Keegan is how he impacts the players around him, he doesn't have the most skill or size but he always competes and I thoroughly believe he will bring up and give confidence to the players around him. If I was a team captain he is one of the players you would want to be in the trenches with you, he's an absolute team player, he never wants to let down the 17.

Immortal

Perfectly said and I agree with every word mate

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I'm one of Hipgraves biggest fans and would be in the minority when I value him absolutely crucial to our plans going forward. Keegan has something in him which can't be taught or trained into a player, he will break his body for the club, he will back up his mates in any biff, he has brainsnaps and handling issues but that can be fixed. Greg Bird had issues too when he started but turned into a representative player without the most skill or physical gifts.

I think the best way to measure Keegan is how he impacts the players around him, he doesn't have the most skill or size but he always competes and I thoroughly believe he will bring up and give confidence to the players around him. If I was a team captain he is one of the players you would want to be in the trenches with you, he's an absolute team player, he never wants to let down the 17.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post

This is wild considering what was said of him before his form upswing a month ago lmao

Go back to 2019 match threads and see how much love he got

Inactive User

Greg Bird had an incredible skill set as a teenager, he played 5/8th for Cronulla in a Prelim Final at the age of 19.
    I respect everything else Indo says in his post.

First Grader

I have always liked hipgrave, agree with everything indo said. He always had potential if he could clean up his errors and silly penalties and he seems to have been lately.

He made that shot to win us the ball off the kick return which swung momentum against the warriors.

Hes got that mongrel in him. Every team needs one bloke that's got that fire in the belly and for us thats hipgrave. I hope we dont lose him but I dont want to overpay to keep him either