Page 117 of 217 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 127 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3242
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    What do you all think of Adam Elliott? He's off contract at the end of the year and could potentially fill the lock spot.
    Wouldn’t mind it for cheap. He tries his guts out. Really want an A+ player like Fifi or Bateman or similar level, Elliott could deffs fill 13. Alex Johnston been told to jog on from the bunnies. Would fit the winger bill. Tall. Super fast. Try scorer. Thoughts?
    Last edited by elltee; 30-06-20 at 08:22 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by elltee View Post
    Wouldn’t mind it for cheap. He tries his guts out. Really want an A+ player like Fifi or Bateman or similar level, Elliott could deffs fill 13. Alex Johnston been told to jog on from the bunnies. Would fit the winger bill. Tall. Super fast. Try scorer. Thoughts?
    Have I ever mentioned in here that these end of career GC Super Top Up Recruits never work for us?
    When will we ever learn.
    Develop Juniors and bring in young ambitious blokes that want to be here.

Anyone know what kind of lock Holbrook had back in merry old England. Big guy or a ball playing middle? We might see an Asiata style lock.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Anyone know what kind of lock Holbrook had back in merry old England. Big guy or a ball playing middle? We might see an Asiata style lock.
    Apparently (source rugbyleagueproject.org) the two blokes that mainly played lock when Holbrook was coaching St. Helens were Jon Wilkin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Wilkin) and Morgan Knowles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Knowles). I haven’t seen either of them play, but size-wise they are very similar, listed at (1.81m, 95kg) and (1.80m, 94kg) respectively. For comparison, Victor Radley is listed at (1.82m, 92kg) and Cam Murray is (1.84m, 90kg).
    Last edited by Numbers; 01-07-20 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    Apparently (source rugbyleagueproject.org) the two blokes that mainly played lock when Holbrook was coaching St. Helens were Jon Wilkin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Wilkin) and Morgan Knowles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Knowles). I haven’t seen either of them play, but size-wise they are very similar, listed at (1.81m, 95kg) and (1.80m, 94kg) respectively. For comparison, Victor Radley is listed at (1.82m, 92kg) and Cam Murray is (1.84m, 90kg).
    Seems to be the Rooster way is to have a ball playing lock so thinking we might end up with the same here under Holbrook.

Anthony Don’s dirt-cheap offer to play on for Titans in 2021
    NIC DARVENIZA JUNE 30, 2020
    In 2018 he fended off a cashed-up Tigers poaching raid because his heart belonged to the Gold Coast.

Now the talismanic Titan is asking his club to show him some loyalty in return to keep him a one-club man.

Don, 32, is negotiating a one-year contract extension that would see him return to the Titans for a shade over NRL minimum wage in 2021.

His teammates say he’s worth it.

Anthony Don of the Titans during the Round 2 NRL match between the Gold Coast Titans and the Parramatta Eels at CBus Super Stadium on the Gold Coast, Sunday, March 22, 2020. (AAP Image/Dave Hunt)

“All the successful teams have a blend of experience and youth and you can’t go past Donny as a team player and senior leader,” Titans skipper Kevin Proctor said.

“He’s playing well and leading by example both on the training and playing field.

“I suppose it’s up to the big dogs doing that (recruitment) stuff but it would be good to try keep this playing group together to keep working on those combinations.”

Don leads the Titans in try-scoring with four this season, bagging two in a potentially era-defining win over the Brisbane Broncos last weekend.

The club’s all-time leading tryscorer has notched 79 total in blue-and-gold but said he had more left to give.

MORE BULLETIN TITANS COVERAGE

“I’m feeling really well, the body is great which is why I’m excited about playing on next year,” Don said.

“The new coaching team led by Justin and the whole club in general is on the way up and I just want to continue to be part of it.

“I am happy with my form and being a local who has a lot of experience I feel it’s my role to keep leading the way.”

Former Grafton Ghosts flyer Anthony Don scores a try for the Gold Coast Titans during the round 10 NRL upset against the Melbourne Storm at Suncorp Stadium.

Halfback Jamal Fogarty’s transformation from Queensland Cup star to NRL starter has taken place under Don’s wing.

He said Don’s calming presence is bringing out the best in him and the other young guns coming up through the ranks.

“He’s on my edge and he gives you that self-belief and confidence, which is something I really like about Donny,” Fogarty said.

“He has a lot of experience and he’s very calm in the way he talks to you

“Hopefully he can stick around for a few more years because he’s definitely getting better with age.”

The Titans declined to comment.

>T0kens hot take - sign the dude for a year especially if it’s a minimums deal. He bleeds for the club and can work with the new wingers we want to blood

Yea we surely have to re sign him even just for the culture of the club, but I dont think he should be first choice winger next year

Rep Player

Get it done. Minimum wage depth players don’t get much better than the Don.

Inactive User

Don’t pay overs for anyone other than Fifita.
    Minimum wage for Don.
    Not much more than minimum wage for Proctor.
    Don might get some great chances in our community or by our club if he stays on for a low wage.
    He’s an intelligent man with PE and Business qualifications.
    He could end up Titans CEO one day by sticking with us.

Well done Don, that type of passion and support helps build clubs. I'd be happy to resign him and really do agree of his value with the fans and the community. He also has a skill-set that would be useful to us post playing career.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Don’t pay overs for anyone other than Fifita.
    Minimum wage for Don.
    Not much more than minimum wage for Proctor.
    Don might get some great chances in our community or by our club if he stays on for a low wage.
    He’s an intelligent man with PE and Business qualifications.
    He could end up Titans CEO one day by sticking with us.
    100% for Fifita

Proctor to head to the UK
    Shannon Boyd to retire
    Wallace to the Dragons or anywhere but here

Don is a great bloke who shows he'll play for next to nothing & hopefully Ryan James is smart enough to take a massive pay cut to stay on with us & I think he deserves another contact

I'd be happy to take Asiata on a minimum too
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Don is a great bloke who shows he'll play for next to nothing & hopefully Ryan James is smart enough to take a massive pay cut to stay on with us & I think he deserves another contact
    Thanks for saying this and I really agree. I feel our club lost the path when it didn't resign Nathan Friend against the wishes of the fans. So some signings in the name of building a club culture is important IMO.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Not Don's biggest fan, but he has been a great clubman.

Happy to sign him for 1 year to a low contract, but reality is, barring injuries, he shouldn't be near our top 17. With AJ back, the winger opposite Sami should be either Thompson or Tonumaipea. I don't get the heat Sami has gotten from some on this forum over the last year. For a 22 year old he is a great athlete and capable of scoring some freaky tries. His effort and involvement has also definitely improved as he has matured too.

Yes to resigning James too. Deserves a break with injuries and like Don has been very loyal.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Not Don's biggest fan, but he has been a great clubman.

Happy to sign him for 1 year to a low contract, but reality is, barring injuries, he shouldn't be near our top 17. With AJ back, the winger opposite Sami should be either Thompson or Tonumaipea. I don't get the heat Sami has gotten from some on this forum over the last year. For a 22 year old he is a great athlete and capable of scoring some freaky tries. His effort and involvement has also definitely improved as he has matured too.

Yes to resigning James too. Deserves a break with injuries and like Don has been very loyal.
    Despite the fact that I’m very critical of Don I pretty much feel the same. IF we signed him for a 1 year deal it would have to be under the proviso that we were going to give others a crack first and look to the future. As others have pointed out he is very good under the high ball and this would certainly benefit the younger wingers at training competing and learning from him. I wouldn’t be paying anymore than minimum for him though. I think his last contract was 150k and he turned down 170-180 to stay with us. When you factor in cost of living, tax etc it there wasn’t much difference.

The thing that bothers me with Sami is he will do something really good and then be absent for 2-3 games. Similar to Don but with Sami I think the hype tends to go to his head. If Holbrook could fix his skipping around and need him up a bit then he would be a very good winger (and if he was more consistent as well). Just my opinion.

I would use Peats money and go after Reed Mahoney Eels have not sign him yet so he must feel a little rejected
    we need a good hooker Harry Grant would be fantastic but can not see storm missing out on him
    Don and James Both of them have done so much for this club on and off the field
    We have been missing James but like most other people on here at a reduced rate