Page 81 of 217 FirstFirst ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3242

Quote Originally Posted by elltee View Post
    Justin Holbrook says the club has not heard from Bryce Cartwright or Brian Kelly in regards to their decision not to have the flu shot.
    Surely thats grounds to tear up the contracts? shows what respect they have for the coach.

Im a bit let down by Holbrook tbh.... First picking the exact same team as last year, then his head in the clouds about AJ, now this... you think Bellamy would be keeping Cartwright and Kelly in the team after his? Holbrook needs to stand up and have a spray!
    Yeah, on the early evidence I'd agree with you (and Bods later comments about Mal). Based on this and the first two games, the early signs are not good. However I keep coming back to the fact that many blokes are off contract this season and next year is the real make it or break it. Very hard to keep convincing myself of this but it is fact.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Yeah, on the early evidence I'd agree with you (and Bods later comments about Mal). Based on this and the first two games, the early signs are not good. However I keep coming back to the fact that many blokes are off contract this season and next year is the real make it or break it. Very hard to keep convincing myself of this but it is fact.
    Throughout the off season and pre season my pass mark for 2020 was if we avoid the wooden spoon, get rid of the riff raff and bring in ambitious young talent that want to be here for 2021 and beyond then I’ll be happy.

With the current predicament of 5 starting 13 players (James, Watkins, AJ, Shandelle’s husband and BK) out for the season I now not only strongly fear back to back wooden spoons but I’m going to stick my neck out and say we could go winless this season. Yep-winless.

However, if that happens and the mother of all clean outs happen then some good will come of it.

Unless something really wierd happens that you can’t predict I’ll be backing Holbrook for many years. (Even if we are winless this year).

Junior

Yup, winless unfortunately wouldn’t surprise me. It will take a monumental turn around from the first two games. Holbrooks presser today wasn’t much better. A whole lotta “I dono”... well you need to know mate you are the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Dale Copley, Anthony Don, Keegan Hipgrave, Ryan James, Sam Lisone, Nathan Peats, Kevin Proctor, Tyrone Roberts, Treymain Spry, Sam Stone end of this year.

Big year is 2021 off contract for me Tanah Boyd, Bryce Cartwright, Erin Clark, Darius Farmer, Jamal Fogarty, Brian Kelly, Greg Leleisiuao, Tyrone Peachey, Jonus Pearson, Mitch Rein, Treymain Spry, Ashley Taylor, Jai Whitbread

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Dale Copley, Anthony Don, Keegan Hipgrave, Ryan James, Sam Lisone, Nathan Peats, Kevin Proctor, Tyrone Roberts, Treymain Spry, Sam Stone end of this year.

Big year is 2021 off contract for me Tanah Boyd, Bryce Cartwright, Erin Clark, Darius Farmer, Jamal Fogarty, Brian Kelly, Greg Leleisiuao, Tyrone Peachey, Jonus Pearson, Mitch Rein, Treymain Spry, Ashley Taylor, Jai Whitbread
    Their is some Cap space their over the next two years, I think we will see a massive turn over of players

Of the list for this year I would only offer deals to James, Lisone and Hipgrave. James deserves a chance to prove he can come back. Lisone gives us something we lack but only another short deal to keep him keen. Hipgrave hasn't done enough yet IMO to warrant an upgrade so a deal on current money for 2 years and see if he can be more consistent.
    As for the next year the players I wouldn't sign are Cartwright, Peachey, Rein, Taylor and Whitbread. The rest are players that will need to really show something this year (if given the chance) and early next year. GL is on his third club and still to show he can hold a regular first grade spot so he is on thin ice.

Junior

Dale Copley, Anthony Don, Nathan Peats, Kevin Proctor, Tyrone Roberts, Sam Stone gone end of this year. Cartwright and Kelly fingers crossed. Interesting to see what team list Tuesday brings... will indicate what Holbrook is thinking moving forward.

Not much available next year for him... Surely the top picks for our club would have to be James (re-signed for peanuts) Connor Watson (Hooker/Points machine), Nathan Brown (Enforcer), Christian Welch (clubman/leader), Cotric/Rapana (Surely raiders can only re-sign one), Brian To'o (Points).... and obviously D Fifi. But probably getting way ahead of myself.
    Last edited by elltee; 12-05-20 at 08:45 AM.

QLD Cup

Not much available next year for him... Surely the top picks for our club would have to be James (re-signed for peanuts) Connor Watson (Hooker/Points machine), Nathan Brown (Enforcer), Christian Welch (clubman/leader), Cotric/Rapana (Surely raiders can only re-sign one), Brian To'o (Points).... and obviously D Fifi. But probably getting way ahead of myself.
    Nathan Brown would be a great buy and bring a bit of mongrel to our pack. I'd stay away from Watson purely because he doesn't really have a position. He's a utility at best, similar to Kurt Mann, Gerard Beale, Mason Lino and Peachey. I know that they would all like to play more minutes but their style of play doesn't really warrant a spot in a 17. If we wanted Rapana we should have gone hard now.

Junior

yes, fair points on Watson and Rapana.

Worrying that Young Alphabet has scored the highest out of the backs in the fitness tests this week. What does that say about your S&C program if a guy off the couch from Germany is fitter than a "professional" sporting team. I would start him at centre on that alone, shows he is keen at least.

Rep Player

To be fair, we have no idea what kind of fitness regimen he's been following in his time away. Without all the contact and potential injuries, it's possible he's kept himself supremely fit.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    To be fair, we have no idea what kind of fitness regimen he's been following in his time away. Without all the contact and potential injuries, it's possible he's kept himself supremely fit.
    mmmmm fair, but looking at the mud guts on Peachy, Taylor etc... shouldn't be hard to be the fittest. Our team hardly screams supreme fitness or strength like say the Panthers or Storm. Just is a shame is all as its defiantly an effort indication.
    Last edited by elltee; 13-05-20 at 01:54 PM.

Inactive User

yes, fair points on Watson and Rapana.

Worrying that Young Alphabet has scored the highest out of the backs in the fitness tests this week. What does that say about your S&C program if a guy off the couch from Germany is fitter than a "professional" sporting team. I would start him at centre on that alone, shows he is keen at least.
    Young Alphabet coming first in those things is nothing short of disgraceful.
    No wonder we constantly fall away in matches and get lapped.
    We used to have excuses about our poor facilities but we’ve now had those superb facilities at Parkwood for years.
    Our best year in recent memory for us hanging in there in matches was when we used demountables at Pizzey Park with Henry as Coach and the public pool beside it there.
    The GC is a great place for athletes to train at yet our blokes again are found wanting by someone who’s been on a god bothering mission.
    Here we are at Parkwood and blokes training Fulltime there over the last two years is beaten by a guy has been in Germany door knocking to flog the Book of Mormon. Bloody Hell. I’ll use another bible verse in conclusion....Jesus Wept.

Can someone explain to me that if Cartwright and possibly Kelly get there contracts torn up are we able to keep that money for next year or does it have to be used this year? Also if it has to be used this year are we able to forward pay someone this year so we have more money next year to pay Fafita? I am just trying to work out if we can use this for our benefit.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Can someone explain to me that if Cartwright and possibly Kelly get there contracts torn up are we able to keep that money for next year or does it have to be used this year? Also if it has to be used this year are we able to forward pay someone this year so we have more money next year to pay Fafita? I am just trying to work out if we can use this for our benefit.
    Pretty sure they can forward pay contracts.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    If they manage to terminate his contract it would be extremely beneficial to us