Page 176 of 217 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3242
    Inactive User

Me Too F-Off

Quote Originally Posted by a_guest View Post
    Fifita is about to pull a DCE.
    Just for you matey.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1293042906660405248

Yeah look Pangai is lucky to have 1 good game out 4. It would be a no from me. I think we've learned from those past mistakes. If we're looking for another backrower (Personally I don't think it's priority) my ideal choice would be Briton Nikora from Cronulla. I'm not sure why he hasn't made the cronulla side this week, whether it be injury or form but he's a nice, mobile edge runner who is a keebra boy. Fits the mould. Just a shame he's contracted until the end of 2022. Release on compassionate grounds anyone?

Gosh BB17 that's an awesome smile ... would take Nikora in a flash ... no frills toiler, just what Dr. Holbrook ordered.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Gosh BB17 that's an awesome smile ... would take Nikora in a flash ... no frills toiler, just what Dr. Holbrook ordered.
    haha, thanks mate....a lot to smile about at the moment. I reckon he could link up pretty well with a guy like Fogarty delivering that short ball at the line similar to johnson in 2019....i can't really see much else on the market for this year...only one who caught my eye was Tristan sailor but I see him as a 6/1 and I think we're covered in those areas as far as brimson/taylor/fogarty go. Who knows how the rest of the year pans out though. I think I heard Holbrook had a bit to do with him in the lower grades at st George but wendell hasn't had many nice things to say about us. I guess we wait and see. The club seems to do well-keeping signing news on the down low e.g. Tino.

First Grader

Wests Tigers skipper Moses Mbye could become the first major casualty of the club's stuttering season, with the Gold Coast Titans expressing interest in the Queensland Origin representative for next year.

Sources with knowledge of negotiations told the Herald the Tigers would be willing to pay up to half the 26-year-old's $800,000 salary for the next two years should the Titans open formal discussions.

Moses Mbye could be headed for the exit doors, attracting interest from the Gold Coast Titans.
    Moses Mbye could be headed for the exit doors, attracting interest from the Gold Coast Titans.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS
    The move could free up money for the Tigers to have a crack at keeping hooker Harry Grant beyond this season. If Cameron Smith decides to play on at Melbourne, it would trigger a free agency clause in Grant's contract with the Storm.

The Tigers are trying to free up space in their roster, shopping Josh Reynolds to the Super League in recent weeks.
    Advertisement

The Titans, who are trying to build something special under new coach Justin Holbrook, have secured the services of Brisbane's David Fifita, Melbourne's Tino Fa'asuamaleaui and Newcastle's Herman Ese'ese from next season. Gold Coast sources confirmed Mbye has been discussed as a potential five-eighth or hooker, with Nathan Peats off contract at the end of the year.

With pressure mounting on coach Michael Maguire to end the club's nine-year finals drought, cracks are beginning to appear at the Tigers as question marks surface over his coaching methods and relationship with the players.

Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire is under pressure.
    Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire is under pressure.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS
    Maguire wants to instil a harder edge to a team he believes has become accustomed to mediocrity, and is trying to clear the decks and create salary-cap space to bring in players capable of handling his philosophy. Maguire even tried to lighten the mood at training this week after senior players told him the fun had gone out of their preparation.

The other benefit of releasing Mbye from the final two years of his deal is it provides the Tigers with money at the ready in case Brandon Smith looks to leave the Storm as a result of Harry Grant returning in the off-season.

Advertisement

"I don't know how it would make me feel," Smith told Inside the NRL last month when asked of the possibility of Grant returning to the Storm as their long term No.9.

RELATED ARTICLE
    Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire.
    NRL 2020
    Back on the bus ... with more beer: Maguire tries lighter touch in bid to reverse Tigers' fortunes
    Add to shortlist
    "It's obviously a tough decision that I'd have to make with the Melbourne Storm. We'll have to wait for that challenge to come. Obviously it's a really tough question for me to answer but we'll have to tackle that challenge when it comes.

"I definitely want to be a No.9. It's very tough for me to answer that at the moment. I'm just trying to focus on this year and don't want to step on anyone's toes. I definitely want to play No.9. Whatever happens happens."

Maguire made Mbye captain when he joined the club in 2019, but has since added Benji Marshall as co-captain. Mbye joined the Tigers from the Bulldogs midway through 2018 and has been used in multiple positions, but hasn't managed to land a permanent spot due to his versatility.

Advertisement

Mbye, who has three young children, is from Queensland and still has family in Noosa, making the move even more attractive should it eventuate in the coming weeks.

Apparently Nathan PEATS has put his home in Palm Beach up for sale and has commented that when he hangs up the boots he wants to return to Palm Beach.

I was keen on Mbye a few years ago but not now. Another of those utility players that has never really nailed a fulltime position IMO. Article says we are looking at him as Fb or hooker. He was behind Thompson in the Fb depth chart at the Tigers so that says something.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I was keen on Mbye a few years ago but not now. Another of those utility players that has never really nailed a fulltime position IMO. Article says we are looking at him as Fb or hooker. He was behind Thompson in the Fb depth chart at the Tigers so that says something.
    It says hooker or 5/8.. id rather him at hooker then 5/8.. I think peats will be gone.. Id either prefer Taylor at 5/8 still or give one of the young guns a go.. it sucks the qld cup isn’t going so we can see who’s playing well and watch some of the young guns show there skills

Wouldn't be the worst option at hooker, and he is a Queenslander and there must've been a reason tigers made him captain pretty early in his time with them, I'd take him at the right price

Inactive User

Peats gone and we’d have Rein/Clark/TBoyd/Mbye/Peachey as hooker options
    Plus Mbye/TBoyd would be Part of our halves options along with Fogarty/Taylor/Sexton/Peachey
    Then you would have Mbye as a possible FB if AJ/Thompson went down

Peats out and Mbye in does make sense to me.

I think if we are going to sign a hooker we need to sign one who is going to be a good hooker and improve our team. Not another part time one which will get cycled through positions and just add to our depth chart

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    I think if we are going to sign a hooker we need to sign one who is going to be a good hooker and improve our team. Not another part time one which will get cycled through positions and just add to our depth chart
    We’d still have Rein

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    We’d still have Rein
    Then what is the point of signing Mbye

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    Then what is the point of signing Mbye
    I’m no mind reader but I think Holbrook might want to go with Mbye as starting hooker, TBoyd as utility and have Rein there if there are injuries or If Mbye is a disappointment at Hooker.