Page 184 of 217 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3242

Who knows what will happen with Smith?.
    After he sprayed Cronk for having a cameo with the Roosters, perhaps he might do the same.
    Gotta love the angst that it is causing up the M1, just another day, just another crisis.

Proctor is looking for his retirement contract. It'll see him into retirement better off or he's off to super league. Been his plan for years.

Cam Smith story has no basis other than asking a coach would you like Cam at your club. Now it's evolved into $ figures. Crazy.

First Grader

By rights the club could argue to the NRL that his value isn't at 1m a year any more. They could say its around 700k due to his age.

If they could sign him for 700k surely they could top it up 300k in TPAs. I would be sending out serious feelers to see which businesses would be keen if he did come to the coast and working from there. Having ash on 1m, fifi on 1.16m, tino on 700k and cam on 1m on the cap is a solid chunk (nearly 4m of a 9.7m salary cap). I guess the benefit is players would actually take unders to stay at the club once contract renewals come up.

Imagine the sponsorship dollars rolling in....

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    By rights the club could argue to the NRL that his value isn't at 1m a year any more. They could say its around 700k due to his age.

If they could sign him for 700k surely they could top it up 300k in TPAs. I would be sending out serious feelers to see which businesses would be keen if he did come to the coast and working from there. Having ash on 1m, fifi on 1.16m, tino on 700k and cam on 1m on the cap is a solid chunk (nearly 4m of a 9.7m salary cap). I guess the benefit is players would actually take unders to stay at the club once contract renewals come up.

Imagine the sponsorship dollars rolling in....
    Trip-a-Deal may be strapped for cash this time around

Didn’t Mal come out and say they couldn’t sign Cam? This was before Boyd and Cartwright leaving so that might suggest that the Boyd and Cartwright money wasn’t being planned to spend on Fifita and is still around 1 million dollars of spending money

You'd think they wouldnt have banked on carty and boyd leaving to fit fifita in the cap cause if they stayed our cap would be really messed up so hopefully we now have the money for cam.

There was talk about Smith being a future Storm coach. So would we just be a temporary home? Bellamy probably has a few years left in him at the Storm.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I don't think we will get Smith. It all seems too good. If he did I would feel like that little girl in the taco add. "Why can't we have both?" This keeps ringing in my head. For all the mal haters, he seems to be making moves now. To even be in this discussion points to good times ahead.

What we may not have seen from Mal was all the small chess moves behind the scenes ( and maybe over a longer period of time ) that he has done to get into a position to make some very large moves now.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    What we may not have seen from Mal was all the small chess moves behind the scenes ( and maybe over a longer period of time ) that he has done to get into a position to make some very large moves now.
    Spot on mate , Mal may go down as the Clubs best signing if he can get Smith after signing Fifta

His kids go to school here & he's bought a house here so his time with the Storm looks to be almost done.. but I don't think he will need job keeper
    #itaintweaktospeak

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Spot on mate , Mal may go down as the Clubs best signing if he can get Smith after signing Fifta

His kids go to school here & he's bought a house here so his time with the Storm looks to be almost done.. but I don't think he will need job keeper
    Are you certain he’s bought and isn’t renting? It’s possible he’s just renting and temporarily got the kids and wife up here while the Victorians live in Covid world.
    If he’s bought a place then it becomes very real.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Are you certain he’s bought and isn’t renting? It’s possible he’s just renting and temporarily got the kids and wife up here while the Victorians live in Covid world.
    If it were temporary, why wouldn’t they be living/sending their kids to school on the Sunny Coast where the Storm are based?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    If it were temporary, why wouldn’t they be living/sending their kids to school on the Sunny Coast where the Storm are based?
    Yeah I don’t know. Maybe to be near to the parents or in-laws would be my only offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Would you like the address
    #itaintweaktospeak

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Would you like the address
    Be handy and can put it into the onthehouse app and look at its sales history (of course I’m kidding)
    I only ask these questions like salary cap and has he bought etc so we don’t get our hopes overly built up.
    So far it’s looking possible.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 20-08-20 at 08:09 AM.