Page 203 of 217 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 213 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3242

Anyone but the Broncos. Warriors might have the need to live in a bubble again next year if Rona is still around, so hope that doesn't affect his decision.

First Grader

Anyone that wants Fonua Blake I suggest you search his history.

He would have to be one of the biggest ********s in the NRL. Woman bashing pos.

Lisone is another signing I thought was garbage at the time but he's really grown on me. I really like the impact he provides off the bench.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Addin Fonua-Blake Wants out of Manly, wants to get out of Sydney.. what’s everyone’s thoughts on him
    Good player but he's a massive flog, imo.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Anyone that wants Fonua Blake I suggest you search his history.

He would have to be one of the biggest ********s in the NRL. Woman bashing pos.
    You’ve won me. I definitely don’t want him then.

It’s official, proctor has signed on for another year, happy with that!

Email from the club.

Titans backrower Kevin Proctor will stay on the Gold Coast, with the Kiwi international locked in for the 2021 NRL season.

Playing his high-school football at Palm Beach Currumbin, Proctor returned to the Gold Coast in 2017 after playing 179 NRL games with the Melbourne Storm.

The 31-year-old has made 10 appearances for the Titans in 2020 and is playing some of the best footy of his career.

Having played 250 NRL games and 24 test matches for New Zealand, Proctor adds experience to the Titans pack for 2021 that will also include exciting young players Moeaki Fotuaika, David Fifita and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui.

Titans Coach Justin Holbrook says it’s great that Proctor has recommitted to the Club.

“Kevin has played some of the best football of his career this season and I look forward to that continuing next season,” Holbrook said.

“It is great to have a local junior continue at our Club and I know Kevin wants the Club to be successful.

“He is excited to be part of that.”

Regards,

The Gold Coast Titans Membership team
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Great news and well done Titans. Now just need to sign a hooker and a centre and here come the top 8 Titans

https://www.propertyobserver.com.au/...mbin-home.html

More great news, Bryce Cartwright has listed his place and wants a fast sale. Time to free up our salary cap Bryce

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    https://www.propertyobserver.com.au/...mbin-home.html

More great news, Bryce Cartwright has listed his place and wants a fast sale. Time to free up our salary cap Bryce
    Nice. See ya.

I wonder if the club has used Bryce's impending wages in fifita and proctors contracts or we suddenly have some cash to spend

Apparently carty has been officially released from his contract.. by what the Courier-Mail is reporting.. can’t read the story tho

Bryce Cartwright’s NRL career is in tatters after the “broken” star was released from his $450,000 contract with the Gold Coast Titans.

News Corp can reveal Cartwright has officially severed ties with the Titans, two months after walking out on the club to be with family in Sydney.

The Titans are expected to release a statement on Thursday afternoon confirming Cartwright’s departure with a year remaining on his contract.

Cartwright, 25, played the last of 43 games for the Titans on July 10 before exiting the Gold Coast’s COVID “bubble”.

He headed to Sydney after his wife Shanelle moved to the New South Wales city with their two children and has not returned to the Gold Coast.

The Titans have refused to comment on Cartwright’s move but have held private concerns over his welfare, with one source claiming he had been “broken” by the saga.

Titans players have been left in the dark over Cartwright’s disappearance, with captain Kevin Proctor admitting he was worried about his teammate.

“I honestly don’t know what’s going on with Bryce,” he said.

“I know he’s had some family dramas and he’s gone to Sydney to sort some stuff out.

“Bryce had settled in well and he got on with the guys well.

“It’s disappointing to lose him through this period but hopefully he is OK with his family.”

Cartwright has had a turbulent NRL career since bursting onto the scene with Penrith in 2014.

He was tipped as a NSW State of Origin player of the future following sensational attacking performances in 2015-16, but has been embroiled in some serious off-field issues.

He was released by the Panthers in 2018 to join the Titans under ex-coach Garth Brennan, who worked closely with Cartwright at Penrith, on a four-year contract worth close to $2 million.

On the back of a badly broken ankle, Cartwright failed to rediscover his best form on the Gold Coast and was regularly criticised for his defensive efforts.

He found some promising form under new coach Justin Holbrook this year, but attracted headlines when he refused to receive an influenza vaccination as part of the NRL’s return-to-play protocols following the COVID season suspension.

Cartwright was eventually granted an exemption, but only managed seven appearances in 2020 before departing the Titans.

In the week before he left the club, Cartwright said he was waging a battle with his body and mind to keep playing in the NRL.

“I do worry about how much longer I can keep going,” he said.

“The critics don’t see what you go through. My knees swell up and I have to get it drained all the time. That’s the price some players pay in this game.

“We get paid good money, but it’s not an easy ride.

“It’s hard mentally on me at times. But I always believe in never giving up. I will battle as long as I can until I retire.”

That could be earlier than Cartwright had planned.

With 112 NRL games under his belt, he has no guaranteed club for 2021 and has forfeited a massive pay cheque to be closer to his children in Sydney, a city he loathes compared to the Gold Coast.

“I love the place (Gold Coast),” he said two months ago.

“Sydney was a rat race, but I feel really settled on the Gold Coast.

“I want to make the people of the Gold Coast proud of the Titans and I don’t want to let my teammates down either. I want to help the Titans get back into the finals. I would like to finish my career with the club.

“What keeps me going is the feeling I haven’t reached my best. I do get disappointed at my inconsistency and I want to get back to playing the football I know I can. I want to repay the Titans for giving me a chance after I left Penrith.”

So now his contract is only $450k lmao

Inactive User

So when it suits Badel and Kent and even Loudon they say it’s in the $700k range To belittle the club but now he’s gone it’s $450k

Gold Coast halfback Jamal Fogarty’s incredible rise from playing against the Titans in a pre-season trial match to captaining them has hit a speed-bump in the return of Kevin Proctor.

Coach Justin Holbrook has stripped Fogarty of the interim captaincy to hand back the reigns of the team to Proctor for the remainder of the season.

Holbrook said that leadership group would see the team through to the off-season but made no promises about who would lead the team in 2021.

Fogarty will enter the season as favourite to take back the captaincy because his strong communication skills are one aspect Proctor lacks because of a pre-existing throat injury.

Holbrook confirmed he had re-signed 31-year-old Proctor under the expectation he would play a starting role in 2021’s line-up despite an influx of young talent in his position.

“I see him as a starting backrow either on the left or the right,” Holbrook said.

“He’s one of the senior players in our side and a good player.

“(His re-signing) wasn’t locked in until this week but I’m just happy it’s all sorted and he’ll be playing for us.

“He definitely had options, as you’d expect of a player of his class, but the fact he chose to stay is great for the club especially because of the way he’s playing.

“We have a few key guys coming in and to have Kevin among them is exciting as a coach.”

The team will expect big things from imports David Fifita and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, alongside prop Moeaki Fotuaika, but all three players are 20 years of age.

Proctor’s competitiveness and work ethic will show them the way, Holbrook hopes.

“It’s the way he leads by example,” he said.

“The way he plays and the way he trains, he shows great work ethic and leads with his actions not his words.

“It’s not what he says, it’s what he does – that competitiveness is a big plus and he works really hard to win a game.”

Holbrook did not shut the door when asked if the team had room in the salary cap to secure more notable talent.

He receives “plenty” of phone calls from NRL talent interested in the good vibes the Titans are creating, which can only be a positive thing.

“I think that’s a great result that other players and people are wanting to join our club,” he said.

“If there are any more changes, fine, but how we’ve improved as a squad is what we’re setting out to do.”

“I’m happy with where our squad is at but any side who doesn’t make the Top Eight is making changes.”

The Titans kick off against the Manly Sea Eagles at 3.30pm Saturday at Lottoland Stadium in Sydney.

Happy with Proctor re-signing. We need experience in our pack for next year. Good call holbrook. Hopefully cartys money isn't already accounted for, and we make a play for staggs.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 18-09-20 at 09:48 AM.