Page 10 of 217 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

I’m sure our offer will be comparable to the biggest offer. We will soon find out if he is going to be our local hero or if he’s a Bedwetter who cuts and runs looking for easy success.

I don’t buy this excuse about his wife and modelling. Models don’t work everyday and if a shoot comes up for her in Sydney, Melbourne, Vanuatu or wherever she can simply fly down for a few days and do the job and come home.

I don’t believe for a second that living here would cost her any opportunities in modelling.

I’ll be doubly appalled by Jai if he uses his Mrs as an excuse.

It’ll be a shocking vote of no confidence in Meninga and Holbrook if he cuts and runs.

I don’t get when they say they would prefer to resign with the club.. you got a reasonable offer on the table, then resign!! Otherwise don’t spit that crap out! I hope he stays, I like the bloke and his a good player! I think Brimson will stay, it’s a just a matter of when he resigns..

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Glad to hear Sami has resigned. I expect him to flourish under Holbrook if Holbrook proves to be a decent coach. Tend to feel Sami's development may have stalled under Brennan's watch/rule.
    I really hope you are right otherwise its just the same old problems with this club repeating. Nothing against Sami but he just hasnt come along as a player (Brennan may of been a factor) and we just seem to be wasting money in "what ifs". We arent in a position as a club to warrant players WANTING to come here and we certainly need to keep serviceable playing stocks in our backline but im hoping now we only keep players who have high potential. Now that may turn out to be Sami but I cant say ive seen anything more with the odd good game mixed with some absolute shockers. Obviously Hollbrook is keen to keep him so that gives me some faith that he see's Sami hitting his potential this year. The fact he turned down bigger offers to stay is music to my ears. Lets hope it shows on the field
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 18-11-19 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    I really hope you are right otherwise its just the same old problems with this club repeating. Nothing against Sami but he just hasnt come along as a player (Brennan may of been a factor) and we just seem to be wasting money in "what ifs". We arent in a position as a club to warrant players WANTING to come here and we certainly need to keep serviceable playing stocks in our backline but im hoping now we only keep players who have high potential. Now that may turn out to be Sami but I cant say ive seen anything more with the odd good game mixed with some absolute shockers. Obviously Hollbrook is keen to keep him so that gives me some faith that he see's Sami hitting his potential this year. The fact he turned down bigger offers to stay is music to my ears. Lets hope it shows on the field
    Pretty much summarised my views as well. Pretty average player if you ask me and never uses his size to try and bust the line. Seems to be living off "that Tackle" reputation wise. It shows we are having an average off season signing wise if we are getting excited over Sami signing.

As for Arrow, I'd like him to stay and be captain, but he loses a lot of credibility if he runs off after what he said about wanting to stay. He is getting offered huge money by us and even an extra $100k a year is nothing after tax. Don't use the missus as an excuse - it's ALWAYS about the money so I just prefer blokes to be upfront. As I've said before, if he leaves we might as well get the last one out to turn off the lights.

If I was to offer some perspective.... of the back line we have to choose from, I'm happy to re-sign him.

We have:
    Don
    Kelly
    Copley
    Watkins
    Peachey
    Pere
    Spry

The only person I'd choose in this team before him is Kelly. Admittedly, players that have been on the market this year would be great but we have no cap for this year.

Inactive User

https://mobile.twitter.com/dloudon9/...89741749067776

If you have Twitter could you reply to this please. We need numbers. I’m quite displeased that London who’s a Souffs supporter but is employed to cover us and gets to live and work here is pushing this angle.

From The Club Email

Dear

The fastest Titans player ever has been just as quick to commit his future to the Club, with winger Phillip Sami re-signing with the Gold Coast until the end of the 2022 season.

Sami was being chased by a number of rival Clubs after impressing in the first 42 games of his NRL career with the Titans.
    His highlights so far include a hat-trick of tries against the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium in 2018, and his famous pursuit of Josh Add-Carr this season against Melbourne that earnt Sami the nickname “the Hound” because he chased down “the Foxx” – hitting a Titans record top speed of 35.9km/h in the process.

But the Ipswich junior said the chance to stay a part of the Titans’ resurgence under new coach Justin Holbrook, while staying close to family and friends on the Gold Coast made the decision to “stay home” at the Titans an easy choice.

“Obviously I had decisions to make in the off-season and the start of the pre-season,” Sami said. “I went back to the family, and they are very happy that I am staying home. I am very grateful for the opportunity that Justin has given me. Hopefully I can make the most of it here.

“On the off-season I had other clubs chasing me, and pretty much in the last two weeks my manager went back to the Titans – as in Ezra (Recruitment Manager Ezra Howe) and Justin – and told them the situation I was in.

“I was thankful that the Titans came back with an offer. For me, choosing to stay home is a big part of what I want to do here. I know this club has a big future, so I wanted to be a part of it.”

Sami said the chance to stay nestled in his off-field support network and remain with the Club he first represented in the Under-20s were most important to him.

“You have the plus side of having family here, and friends here that I have known for a long time,” he said. “So staying home was big part of my plans, and I am very grateful that the Titans gave me an opportunity to do that.”

Sami said he is now devoting his energy to making sure other Gold Coast juniors, like the off-contract AJ Brimson, follow his lead and stay with the Titans.

“I had a word with him about it, so hopefully he stays too,” Sami said.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I wasn’t too worried if he stayed or not.. he only really impressed me in a couple games this year, other times he lacks effort! Hopefully under some good coaching he can become consistent and play well

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/dloudon9/...89741749067776

If you have Twitter could you reply to this please. We need numbers. I’m quite displeased that London who’s a Souffs supporter but is employed to cover us and gets to live and work here is pushing this angle.
    Not sure where you get Dominique is Pro Souths ? Tony Webke is however both reporters are Pro Titans as well.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Not sure where you get Dominique is Pro Souths ? Tony Webke is however both reporters are Pro Titans as well.
    I get it from reading their tweets. We need numbers here. Please reply to it and push our community.

First Grader

Interesting that Sami has mentioned to AJ to stay but no mention of Arrow. I might be reading too much into it but interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Interesting that Sami has mentioned to AJ to stay but no mention of Arrow. I might be reading too much into it but interesting
    I feel that you might be right mate. Also may not be a popular opinion but if Arrow is gone then I feel he should go ASAP. Maybe a player swap with Eathan Lowe and Jaxson Paulo back.

I'd probably put that down to him being best mates with AJ, they're the same age and came through at the same time. I was encouraged by both AJ and Jai sharing the photo about Sami's re-signing on their instagram accounts today and saying congrats. It might not seem like much, but I feel like Jai wouldn't publicise a team mate staying if he knows he is going to leave.

When Souths find out about whether or not they will get a salary cap exemption for Sam Burgess we will find out about Arrows future.

Grew up with Tony Webeck from kindy to yr 12 in Coffs, him and his family are nice ppl and big Bunny fans.

No idea why the club would pull the trigger on signing Sami when the coach hasnt even seen him play a single game. If he has signed him because of 2019 footage then this is a problem
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]