Page 174 of 217 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3242

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/sho...903#post406903

Just posted a good read in the Junior development thread.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post

Thanks mate. I know that Mal joining the club prompted a lot of our juniors to sign with us instead of Brisbane and I anticipate that the likes of DFifita will do the same particularly for that Logan area where the Broncos have previously had a monopoly over.

yes it is a good read for the Titans that for sure

You’ve got to love the CM for pumping James’ departure ... they must be having bowel cramps over the ‘Ponies crapola.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Have we heard anything more around Asiata? I know he's had his injury problems this year but i think he could add another dimension to our pack. His short ball playing at the line would make our forwards much more dangerous and create 1 on 1 opportunities, increasing ruck speed and easier metres for our forwards. Could be really good for guys like Moe and Tino getting a lot of go forward. The experience would be beneficial as well, especially if we dont re-sign/lose proctor.

Like many i think we need a number 9, I'm kind of torn on whether we look at experience or youth. You have a guy like Jake friend who i know the roosters arent really looking to let go but would provide a wealth of knowledge for younger guys coming through and steering our halves but on the other end their's a guy like tom starling who i believe with the right coaching could be anything. Brandon Smith would be ideal but i don't know where that situation is with Melbourne. Interested to hear you guys thoughts.

(Hopefully my opinion isn't as woeful as my name sake haha)

Rep Player

Not keen on 1-2 years of an injury-prone, homesick Jake Friend.

Tom Starling too green. Maybe in a year or two. We need to keep developing T Boyd with short stints at hooker and I’m not keen on a Starling/Boyd hooker rotation.

Think we should be going hard at Cam McInnes or Brandon Smith. Both contracted but good reasons to leave. I think when Cam Smith announces what he’s doing, hopefully in the coming weeks, it may trigger some player movements.

I wouldn’t be upset if we re-signed Peats though. He has looked good the last few weeks and is our defensive starch in the middle.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, there’s another Fotuaika!?

Quote Originally Posted by brennosboys17 View Post
    Have we heard anything more around Asiata? I know he's had his injury problems this year but i think he could add another dimension to our pack. His short ball playing at the line would make our forwards much more dangerous and create 1 on 1 opportunities, increasing ruck speed and easier metres for our forwards. Could be really good for guys like Moe and Tino getting a lot of go forward. The experience would be beneficial as well, especially if we dont re-sign/lose proctor.

Like many i think we need a number 9, I'm kind of torn on whether we look at experience or youth. You have a guy like Jake friend who i know the roosters arent really looking to let go but would provide a wealth of knowledge for younger guys coming through and steering our halves but on the other end their's a guy like tom starling who i believe with the right coaching could be anything. Brandon Smith would be ideal but i don't know where that situation is with Melbourne. Interested to hear you guys thoughts.

(Hopefully my opinion isn't as woeful as my name sake haha)
    All thats out there about Asiata is that we are in talks or he is considering coming to us. I feel that we don't need him but give new contracts to Hipgrave, Stone, Farmer, Proctor and use some of the fringe guys. For mine Asiata has had a few injuries and he's 28 next year. I agree like you said he has a bit to offer but we have let Ryan James go I would not like to import a player with injuries .

Friend won't move as he has 1 or 2 successful cafes in Sydney so he is set for life after footy.

The ideal ( Fantasy ) world would be to sign C Smith to a 1 year deal and then put him into the assistant coach role in 2022 and beyond to develop the young guys we have in the system. I think that we are seeing Peats 2.0 at the moment and is playing for a new deal and I get the sense that he is responding to being dropped and that he like Proctor want to be around for the good times and I wouldn't be adverse to that if that is the plan B.

On Brandon Smith if Cameron stays at the Storm Brandon will most likely go. The Dogs and Warriors ( maybe ) could be the likely clubs to go after him however I would not discount that that Titans are not in his mind as well. Lets face it with the forward pack that we have for next year what hooker would not want to be in that pack....??

Anyhow BB17 just my thoughts......

Rep Player

Even if Cam Smith goes, Storm won’t let Harry Grant go so I can’t see Brandon Smith staying regardless. Maybe Tino is already in his ear like he was in Fifita’s?
    Last edited by willhelm; 11-08-20 at 01:05 PM.

Sammy Neale
    Harry Grant should be next on Mal’s hit list
    The Titans should pursue the star hooker, writes Sammy Neale ��

NRL Rd 10 - Tigers v Broncos

I’ve been screaming from the rooftops as soon as I saw this man play in the Queensland Cup.

Immediately I could tell he had the potential to be very special, especially playing at the Storm, who would provide the perfect tutelage and coaching needed for him to blossom into one of the games elite dummy halves.

Boy, if you haven’t seen young Harry, play cancel your plans next time the West Tigers are on and watch this young superstar command a roster of veteran players around the park with absolute elegance.

He has every tool in the kit bag – he’s learnt from the best to ever do it and seemed to absorb every bit of knowledge he could. The calmest player and the commanding presence of a team which he’s just walked in the door as the first-ever NRL loan player.

This is exactly what the Gold Coast is building towards and trying to create a young core of players willing to go to war together, who are talented but also have a certain pedigree.

Harry Grant, with the likes Mo, Tino, and Fifita, would make for one of the best forward packs in the competition. Making it a viable destination for marquee halves and star backs players would like to join.

His understanding of how important each play is in terms of the bigger picture has put this young man light years ahead of many dummy halves in the competition and catapulted him to the top of the Dally M rankings, which is incredible for a rookie.

Only nine games into his NRL career and the superstar has himself three tries and four try assists respectively putting him 16th amongst try assisters which is incredible considering only Cameron Smith is above him for the hooking role.

As for running metres, he’s currently sitting on 90 runs for 735 metres, putting him fourth for all hookers in running metres, except for the fact Havili, Brandon Smith, Cameron McInnes play in the lock/utility position this year putting him atop the list in my eyes.

He’s fantastic in terms of picking his moments to run as well. Fourth in line breaks for hookers with three, tied with Cook, the current Blues hooker. Defensive hunger is something Holbrook is trying to ignite in his team and bringing in hungry young talented players who have bright futures ahead of them is the way this team is trending.

Tino and David are exceptional defensively and both have the ability to do damage with the ball as well. Harry Grant has shown himself to be a good defender so far, averaging 42 tackles a game and missing only two. This itself is just mind-boggling to think how he still spearheads their attack and is frequently the most dangerous offensive threat week in and week out. He’d be as good defensively as Nathan Peats but with so much more upside offensively.

Harry Grant has blown me away and I’m sure Mal has taken notice of him too. He is a Queensland born man from Rockhampton – does that mean he could be lured away from Melbourne or the Tigers? Back home per se?

I think he could consider it. At this point, both other Queensland clubs have long term hookers, the Cowboys with Robson and the Broncos with Turpin. Could the Titans offer Harry a contract within the next couple of years attractive enough to entice him out of Melbourne? Could we be looking at the beginning of a new era of Queensland rugby league? Headed by the former Bronco himself David Fifita, with the likes of Mo, Tino, Brimson and Harry all growing as a collective, forming an unlikely little brother takeover of Queensland.

Grant is someone who is passionate and bleeds the jersey he wears. That is exactly what the Titans need to build the club into the bustling hub of the Gold Coast, getting people interested in the club again.

For the fans who have been struggling in silence, I see your comments on the Facebook feeds and I sympathise with you. This kid could be exactly what the Titans need to refresh the club, building for the future alongside the youth.

https://twitter.com/zerotackle/statu...957465088?s=21

Inactive User

This is why Fifita was the only bloke in the world I’d pay overs for. The flow on affect could be enormous.

First Grader

TPJ is being sacked from the Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    TPJ is being sacked from the Broncos
    I'm sure he'd really like to stick it to the broncos with whatever club he signs with next...

Rep Player

Would LOVE to get Harry Grant but don’t rate our chances, QLD club or not. I think Storm will prioritise him over Brandon Smith.

DO NOT WANT TPJ. Let’s stick to our no ******** policy, thanks.

Inactive User

Some interesting reactions to TPJ sacking by Drongoes fans.

I'd take TPJ for the right price