Page 21 of 217 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 121 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think a question to be considered is “can Arrow win us a premiership or could Mitchell?”
    I see Arrow as potentially our version of “Gallen” if he wants to really take on the biggest challenge in Australian sport.
    He can lead us on and off the field and enthuse all our juniors to want to be GC.

That’s why I say Arrow.

Titans look to bolster backline with NRL veteran Josh Hoffman

ormer Broncos star Josh Hoffman is on the Titans’ recruitment radar as the Gold Coast look to bolster their backline stocks under new coach Justin Holbrook.

As Titans culture chief Mal Meninga ramps up plans to prise Latrell Mitchell from the Roosters, the Gold Coast are looking for more depth, going back to the future by holding preliminary talks with Eels utility back Hoffman.

Hoffman had two ultra-consistent seasons at the Titans in 2015-16, playing 49 consecutive games and helping Gold Coast to the finals in 2016 before being offloaded to the Eels to fund the big-money signing of Jarryd Hayne.

But with Parramatta battling salary cap pressures, the off-contract Hoffman remains without a home in 2020, opening the door for the Titans to investigate the prospect of an NRL lifeline.

The Courier-Mail understands the Titans have one spot left on their full-time roster for next year at a contract value of around $100,000.

Such a figure is not palatable for NSW Origin ace Mitchell, who could not sign with the Titans until 2021, but the basic deal could be acceptable for Hoffman as he fights to resurrect his 11-year NRL career.

Now 31, Hoffman boasts an impressive NRL resume. He has amassed 189 first-grade games, played five Tests for New Zealand in 2012-13, and was the youngest player at age 22 to win the prestigious Paul Morgan Medal at the Broncos in 2010.

Hoffman’s manager Paul Hogan said the durable centre, winger or fullback would relish the opportunity to finish his NRL career with a second coming at the Titans.

“Josh would be a good fit for the Titans,” Hogan said.

“The club has recently re-signed Phillip Sami and AJ Brimson, and Josh, with his experience, would be a great mentor for their younger players.

“Josh loved his first stint at the Gold Coast. He didn’t miss a game in two seasons for the club and he helped the Titans make the finals before he was forced to find another home at Parramatta.

“Being a boy from Mackay, Josh has a great affinity with Queensland and always hoped he could finish his career on home soil.

“Redcliffe brought him down as a 17-year-old and he still owns a house in Brisbane, so Josh would certainly be interested in a return to the Titans.”

The Titans have yet to offer Hoffman a contract, opting to hold informal discussions first to gauge his interest in a possible move to the glitter strip.

Hoffman scored five tries in 10 games last season, including a double against the Broncos, but struggled to consistently hold down a place in Parramatta’s backline.

Hoffman has fielded offers from Super League clubs but the father of three would prefer to remain in Australia and the NRL.

Would be a good get imo especially for around 100k as a cheap option for depth (or even that right wing spot).

Inactive User

OMG there’s a story floating around we are going to recycle Josh Hoffman

Immortal

The article says we have one spot??? We have five to fill I thought. I would prefer us to promote Jayden Campbell or Will Evans than sign Josh Hoffman to be honest.

I wonder if we are talking to the Prop from St Helens at all. We will have Arrows money to use so we should trade up.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

I have no problem with Hoffman if it's only 100k.

I rather invest in the young guys.. I remember when he was he a lot of ppl complained about him.. would like to see some young guys get a go like spry or Jayden Campbell

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    I rather invest in the young guys.. I remember when he was he a lot of ppl complained about him.. would like to see some young guys get a go like spry or Jayden Campbell
    I’m with you. Promote younger guys like who you mentioned or Troy Leo

If we have $100K in the kitty at least if we sign Hoffman we'll still have $99,000 left for other signings.

First Grader

Would be mad to not invest in the younger guys already around the club. The next year or 2 are rebuilding, we know what Hoffman brings. Why not give young guys a go and you never know, we might get 1 or 2 gems like aj.

Immortal

[Well said mate, we have some real talent coming through in the next year or so, love to see them show confidence in one of our young blokes.

QUOTE=Upthetits;399690]Would be mad to not invest in the younger guys already around the club. The next year or 2 are rebuilding, we know what Hoffman brings. Why not give young guys a go and you never know, we might get 1 or 2 gems like aj.[/QUOTE]

Josh “Pass?Whats a pass?” Hoffman? We’re kidding surely? Bwahaha
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Josh “Pass?Whats a pass?” Hoffman? We’re kidding surely? Bwahaha
    That’s right!!! I forgot about that. Who was the winger that was Tragically outside him back then? Mead? Don? McDonald?

Immortal

The depth in our junior development system (JTS) is the best that it has ever been, I have no doubt that the Titans will continue to focus on that when the time comes to fill out 30 man RNL squad.

The future is very bright indead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I see Arrow as potentially our version of “Gallen” if he wants to really take on the biggest challenge in Australian sport.
    He can lead us on and off the field and enthuse all our juniors to want to be GC.

That’s why I say Arrow.
    agree 100%. As for Hoffman....ahahaha.