Page 19 of 217 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    This whole latrell thing is a beat up. Haven't we learnt our lessons already? Leave him alone and keep arrow. Plain and simple. We don't need the ego, we just need passion.
    Then again is passion a guy who won’t sign a deal with his hometown club when all deals have been on the table for months and our offer is just as strong? I have no doubt he loves the club and his effort last season was superb but this whole negotiation process isn’t making him look good.

There's been some really good posts in this thread lately, glad to see most share a similar opinion/view.

I think the John ASIATA and Cody WALKER rumours have more merit than the Latrell MITCHELL talk. I'm still not convinced conversations have finished in the UK either. Possibly GRACE and THOMPSON.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    I think the John ASIATA and Cody WALKER rumours have more merit than the Latrell MITCHELL talk. I'm still not convinced conversations have finished in the UK either. Possibly GRACE and THOMPSON.
    I totally agree and about the UK talk I do think that their is some movement behind the scenes happening as we speak

West Tigers have withdrawn there offer to Mitchell so I guess that puts us in pole position. Not sure what I think of this as it could be good or bad. One thing is that Arrow may stay if he sees improvement in the roster which Mitchell will do.
    Psmitty

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    At this stage I don’t really have any opinion on whether Jai will stay or go, but I have said for a while, I can’t see him making a decision until early next year.
    If I was in his position, Ike be waiting until the dust settles around the club. Get a feel for the new coaching staff and where he thinks the club will go.
    If you think he should sign his life away after 20 something days with the new set up...
    I don’t think it’s about the money, but about balance. He will stay for less money, if he likes the way the club is heading.
    Just my 2c worth.
    I tend to sympathise with this view. I would be doing exactly the same if I was in his position so I'd be reluctant to give him an ultimatum on whether or not he wants to stay. I can't see him making a decision this side of Christmas but I still think that we are in the box seat for his signature.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Then again is passion a guy who won’t sign a deal with his hometown club when all deals have been on the table for months and our offer is just as strong? I have no doubt he loves the club and his effort last season was superb but this whole negotiation process isn’t making him look good.
    I agree when I mentioned passion I wasn't specifically saying arrow. I think he's gone to be honest. In general I just want players who honestly would like to be at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    West Tigers have withdrawn there offer to Mitchell so I guess that puts us in pole position. Not sure what I think of this as it could be good or bad. One thing is that Arrow may stay if he sees improvement in the roster which Mitchell will do.
    I still wouldn't offer him a contract even if it's an incentive based contract with KPI's etc.

As for the Arrow deal, I would hope that we are still going full steam ahead with our recruitment and if the opportunity arises that we can spend his money on players the coach wants and can deal now then withdraw his offer.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 28-11-19 at 11:53 AM.

My reason for giving him an ultimatum is to send a message into the community that we won’t be messed with anymore ... no matter the cost.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

If we sign Latrell then it's clear we've learned nothing, and I think that'll just about do it for me with this club.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    If we sign Latrell then it's clear we've learned nothing, and I think that'll just about do it for me with this club.
    I don’t want him either, but let’s not be hyperbolic.

Titans reaffirm interest in Latrell Mitchell after Wests Tigers snub star centre
    TITANS
    November 28, 2019 2:56pm
    Source: AAP

Source: Conde Nast US
    Options are running out for Latrell Mitchell who will meet with Gold Coast Titans next week in a bid to avoid being relegated to Sydney Roosters’ reserves after Wests Tigers withdrew their offer.
    Gold Coast have emerged as the surprise contenders after claiming on Thursday NRL star Mitchell was interested in a Titans move “to continue his growth as a player and person”.

But time is not on Mitchell’s side to find a new home after the Tigers on Thursday became tired of waiting for a response and sensationally withdrew their four-year, $3.8 million offer tabled almost two weeks ago.

If Mitchell can’t ink a deal he faces the prospect of playing in the Roosters’ reserves next year after falling out with coach Trent Robinson with one season left on his contract.

However, the Titans sounded confident they could tempt Mitchell after organising for the NSW centre to tour their facilities next week where they are expected to use their trump cards - Mal Meninga and Justin Holbrook.

Titans head of culture and performance Meninga has bonded with Mitchell as Kangaroos coach while new Gold Coast mentor Holbrook got to know the centre during his time as Robinson’s assistant at the Roosters.

“The Titans are always interested in attracting quality players to the club and Latrell more than fits that description,” a Titans spokesman said.

“Latrell has expressed an interest in moving to the Gold Coast to play for the Titans, to continue his growth as a player and person under the mentorship of Mal and coaching of Justin.”

Gold Coast suddenly became Mitchell’s top priority after Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe told the player’s management on Thursday they had “moved on”.

The Tigers had hoped for a decision from Mitchell this week before it emerged the Titans had entered the pursuit for the 22-year-old, further frustrating the joint venture.

The Tigers have reportedly now set their sights on Melbourne’s Josh Addo-Carr.

'Tigers are showing cajones!''Tigers are showing cajones!'1:36
    “It’s an active market and we have a responsibility to our members, fans and the club,” he told foxsports.com.au.

“We’re focused on securing talent but in relation to Latrell, we’ve moved on.”

Pascoe did not rule out reopening talks with Mitchell but Tigers great Steve Roach believed they should wash their hands of the X-factor.

“If I was the Tigers that would be it. I would go searching for someone else,” he told Fox Sports News.

“You can’t just sit around waiting for someone to make their decision.

“What do we do? Just wait for him to dance off to every other club and see if we are the last man standing?”

North Queensland appeared in the mix after coach Paul Green left the door open to sign Mitchell even after snaring Valentine Holmes on a lucrative six-year deal on Sunday.

But Cowboys football boss Peter Parr later all but dismissed their chances, saying it would be “difficult” to offload several players and present a competitive offer for the star.

I’m not overly keen to get him and would much rather keep Arrow, but watch this and seriously tell me you wouldn’t be excited about having this guy on the team https://youtu.be/edZOdNHGU_g.
    We’re basivally his only option now so we shouldn’t have to break the bank to get him. Theres all this talk about him being a problem but he’s never had an off-field incident. He has a young kid now, and with Mal here he should be able to keep himself in line if he wants to stay in the Australian team.

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    I’m not overly keen to get him and would much rather keep Arrow, but watch this and seriously tell me you wouldn’t be excited about having this guy on the team https://youtu.be/edZOdNHGU_g.
    We’re basivally his only option now so we shouldn’t have to break the bank to get him. Theres all this talk about him being a problem but he’s never had an off-field incident. He has a young kid now, and with Mal here he should be able to keep himself in line if he wants to stay in the Australian team.
    I agree, I would probably rather keep Arrow however it's a catch 22. Arrow would give our forward pack extra strength, however Latrell would add some much needed strike to our backline. I think people (myself included) are harsh on him for "dropping in and out of games" considering he was the second top tryscorer from memory. Not to mention his goal kicking which is an area that cost us in games this year. That being said I wouldn't be signing him as a fullback, he comes to play centre or he doesn't come at all.

Guess we will find out in the coming weeks what happens with the Bunnies. One of us will get Arrow and one will get Latrell. I don't mind either way and see benefits to both. Just please Titans don't overpay for either

Inactive User

We can use Mitchell to force Jai to finally sign for us. Tell Jai if Mitchell signs then our offer is withdrawn.
    Jai has been given every opportunity by us. Opportunity, financially, he’s been adored by us fans.

It’s entirely appropriate to bring this to a conclusion