Page 15 of 217 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast
    QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Yeah I’m not buying this Latrell rumour
    It's not even a rumour is it? It's one journo's opinion based on nothing. I would be great if the club did something about it and announced that they were considering filing a defamatory case against the CM or something. They wouldn't have to go through with it but it would make headlines and send a message to these people that this sort of journalism isn't tolerated.

Latrell Mitchell is the exact opposite of the type of player that we want here.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    It's not even a rumour is it? It's one journo's opinion based on nothing. I would be great if the club did something about it and announced that they were considering filing a defamatory case against the CM or something. They wouldn't have to go through with it but it would make headlines and send a message to these people that this sort of journalism isn't tolerated.

Latrell Mitchell is the exact opposite of the type of player that we want here.
    Yeah, didn't know what else to call it. Clickbait?

Bit rough on Latrell to file a defamation case for misreporting that we want to sign him lol.

The difference in the two latest articles. John Asiata toured our facilities and has his manager on record. The Latrell article - a Hail Mary “From Staff Writers “ at Fox and Crawley with no factual link to the Titans other than a line Meninga said a while back stating that we will target a marquee signing.

Also agree Mitchell is not the player we want here at this stage.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

QLD Cup

Also back on the Asiata thing. Assuming Arrow stays (I know a lot of people have doubts but lets say he does), where do we see Asiata fitting in? We have James and Wallace starting at prop and Mo off the bench which really leaves one more front row option on the bench. Holbrook has made it clear that Boyd is staying so you'd ave to assume that is his spot or does Asiata get the nod ahead of him? I think Peachey has to play 14 next year and Cartwright would have to have inside running on the final bench spot. The reason why I ask is if we replace Boyd with Asiata we have three 'ballplayers' on the bench but very little go forward apart from Mo. I like Asiata as a player but I'm just wondering how he fits in with the balance of our squad.

I think the article serves us as well as it serves Lattrells cause. Might give AJ a hurry up too.

In saying that I can't think of a time where we signed a centre with mental health problems to a marquee deal that backfired.

NZFan, Asiata would be a 2021 signing. No Jai., Hipgrave, James, Latu, Proctor and Stone all off contract and the opportunity to shop the cartwrights, peacheys to superleague in their last year with us.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Also back on the Asiata thing. Assuming Arrow stays (I know a lot of people have doubts but lets say he does), where do we see Asiata fitting in? We have James and Wallace starting at prop and Mo off the bench which really leaves one more front row option on the bench. Holbrook has made it clear that Boyd is staying so you'd ave to assume that is his spot or does Asiata get the nod ahead of him? I think Peachey has to play 14 next year and Cartwright would have to have inside running on the final bench spot. The reason why I ask is if we replace Boyd with Asiata we have three 'ballplayers' on the bench but very little go forward apart from Mo. I like Asiata as a player but I'm just wondering how he fits in with the balance of our squad.
    I wonder if he could play a G Bird/W Graham/G Stewart role in the second row.

First Grader

There is a link with the journo and Brennan. The journo is coach Mick Crawley brother who is friends with Brennan. I also recall that Crawley was supporting Brennan to become the Titans coach

Inactive User

Good stuff AJ signing a new contract
    Titan till end of 2022

Now for Arrow...

AJ Officially re-signed until the end of 2022. Great to see the loyalty, time for Jai to follow

Absolutely fantastic news. AJ is electric and probably our biggest strike weapon, definitely has to be our full time fullback. Still has a lot to work on (positioning, ball playing etc) but having Mick there should help iron out some of that.

Email from club.

Dear

Gold Coast junior and Australian Nines representative AJ Brimson has delivered another show of faith in the Titans’ future by re-signing with the Club until the end of the 2022 season.

One of the most in-demand young players in the game, Brimson recently represented Australia at the World Nines tournament in Sydney, as well as the Junior Kangaroos in their international against France.

Titans Head Coach Justin Holbrook said Brimson’s retention was an important step forward for the Club.

“It is terrific news that AJ will be with us again until the end of 2022,” Holbrook said. “AJ is a perfect example of the Titans production line in action – a local junior who came through the Club’s development system to play NRL in his hometown.

“AJ’s story is not unique to the Club, because we are lucky to have a lot of local juniors here who have followed that path.

“But certainly AJ is another example of the template that we will use to take the Titans forward on the back of the best talent produced in the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers region.

“AJ is an exceptional young player as we all know, highlighted by the fact he is now on the radar of representative selectors.

"But importantly he is also an impressive young man, and a quality human being who has a passion for this club and his community.”

After the retirement of Michael Gordon, Brimson is looking to establish himself as the Titans’ first-choice fullback in 2020.

The 21-year-old is a product of Keebra Park State High School. After making his debut for the Club in Round 10 of 2018, Brimson now has 36 NRL games to his credit.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Oh hell yeah AJ

I'm just so delighted that AJ has signed. It is a show of faith that resonates through the community. It'd be heartbreaking to see him leave. He is the type of player we can build a club on and that will win games and bring people through the gate. The player kids want to aspire to. Just like Prince and Presto used to be Titan icons.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

So let’s not put too much expectation on him and let him develop naturally ... he is probably two seasons away from his best.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Aj is our boy! I was impressed when I first saw his electric attack, then I noticed how he always puts his body on the line for such a small fella too....best off season news I've heard