Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
Alright to you and anyone else being literal to what I’m saying Rather than reading my wider points
1-I’m making a general point that Fifita to the Titans isn’t only good for us obviously but would be great for the sport
2-corrupt premierships is huge in AFL for sure but you can’t say that brown paper bags, creative accounting and rorting has never not happened in NRL surely Kioli? I’d suggest that as recently as the last two Easts Rorters Premierships were rorts

The three of you have zeroed in on my V’Landys make it happen element of my post rather than the wider point of what a beautiful thing it would be for the game, region and club.
The NRL and the AFL treat their competitions completely differently. One has integrity, one doesn't.

The AFL specifically allowed the Bears/Lions millions of extra space in their salary cap during the years when the Broncos were low after the SL War to buy their premierships.
Meanwhile the Melbourne Storm were an expansion club doing an amazing job but were caught cheating and had records stripped from their history.

Our club has never been given any extra handouts that weren't available to every other team in the NRL. I want it to stay that way because it'll mean so more when we do claw our way back up to the top four and win a comp.

RE: Fifita. Obviously it would be a huge deal if Fifita donned a jersey for us and rejected our big brothers up the road. But if the extra money we're offering, having the Australian coach directly involved in his new club, knowing some mates already play here and having a club coach that plenty of players seem to favour don't push him to sign with us then honestly we were never going to get him.