Page 196 of 217 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3242
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Anyone interested in Benji Marshall for next year?
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Anyone interested in Benji Marshall for next year?
    Would have been good when we signed Scott Prince

First Grader

So later articles are saying the Ash reduction in contract would be for the next contract, not next year

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    So later articles are saying the Ash reduction in contract would be for the next contract, not next year
    Never the less good sentiment from Ash. However in terms of bargaining for the proposed new deal it puts him in an inferior position ??? Not sure ?? Here is my reason/s.
    Proposal 1. He stays on the current deal and hopes that a new contract is forthcoming for the 2022 year And beyond. By this time he MAY rise to a similar form that saw him excel and we offer a fair deal for him to stay.
    Proposal 2 . This narrative is driven by the manager to get in front To start the contract talk and make Taylor look good in the public eye and hope that Titans offer something??
    Proposal 3. ( I would think puts him in the driver’s seat) He says I’ll go to $500k for 2021 and extend to 22 with the option of 23 as a mutual option all on $500k a win for all.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

MILESTONE MAN ON THE MOVE?

One milestone game which might go under the radar this weekend is the 50th NRL match in the career of Titans outside back Young Tonumaipea.

The Samoan international turns 28 this weekend and will no doubt hope to celebrate his half century and birthday with a win for the ever-improving Gold Coast.

It’s been a long road to 50 NRL games for Tonumaipea, who quit Melbourne to take up a Mormon mission in Germany back in 2018.

He returned to Australia and made the move to the Titans where he has more than held his own in the centres despite a two-year absence from the game.

Hopeful of featuring in Samoa’s World Cup campaign next year, Tonumaipea has not been short of interest when it comes to where he’ll play his club football in 2021.

Justin Holbrook is keen on keeping him at the Titans, but he’s not alone in wanting to secure his services.

Melbourne is Tonumaipea’s hometown club and the Storm will be without Suliasi Vunivalu and possibly Josh Addo-Carr.

The Dragons are also thought to be keen on his services given they have lost Euan Aitken, Tim Lafai and also missed out on Moses Suli despite the offer of a $2 million three-year contract.

I’m a Young fan but that’s got to be a managers g-up ... his form had been underwhelming in an improving side.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I do like young as a player but wouldn’t be massively upset if he left..

First Grader

Go for staggs if he wants to leave

Inactive User

Let him go if he is shopping himself around.

Yea he's solid but he's no Brian Kelly , he's not much better than Sami he can leave if he wants to drive his price up of rather give spry or any other young gun who wants to be here an opportunity

First Grader

Kontoni Stagggs is off contract at the end of next year so I would go in hard on 1 November this year when we can commence negotiations

Inactive User

Kontoni Stagggs is off contract at the end of next year so I would go in hard on 1 November this year when we can commence negotiations
    What’s “go in hard” mean?

I am actually firmly of the belief he wouldn't be worth what we would have to pay to get him. I would go as far as saying he is the worst defensive centre in the competition and consistently makes his wingers job impossible. Personally I rate Kelly an overall better centre and we don't need x factor options absolutely everywhere so I don't believe we need him as an attacking option. Add to that he comes off as arrogant even to Broncos fans and I am sure he would expect a fairly hefty contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    What’s “go in hard” mean?
    Hahahaha touche' Bodsie

I would be focusing on finding the best value for money center possible whether that be YT or elsewhere. How many spots do we have empty in the 30 for next year?