Page 195 of 217 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3242

Quote Originally Posted by TitanPremiership View Post
    Obviously some don't want him regardless but Ash "100%" willing to take paycut to stay:

Gold Coast halfback Ash Taylor is “100 per cent” willing to take a pay cut to his million-dollar salary to help the Titans attract new talent.

Taylor is the happiest he has been as a footballer having finally achieved balance between his play on the field and his life away from rugby league.

If it takes a pay cut to ensure his future under Justin Holbrook and alongside a blossoming spine combination with Jamal Fogarty and AJ Brimson, Taylor is open to that discussion.

“100 per cent,” he said.

“When you’re not playing up to the cap it’s hurting the team.

“If that’s what it takes to attract new talent then definitely.”

Taylor said that discussion topic had not been broached by Titans leadership so far.

“I’d love to be a part of the future,” Taylor said.

“I love the Gold Coast, it’s pretty much home for me now.

“I was a little bit lost last year, which has been well-documented, but I’m loving the game and building that week-in, week-out competitiveness has really brought me back to life.

“Life away from footy has given me a new life.

“I’m loving every minute with my son, who’s 8.5 months and starting to crawl and say dad.

“When I wake up in the morning he’s there smiling at me.

“It gives you a new outlook on life.

“I’m loving every minute and when you’re happy off the field you’re happy on, and that’s reflected on the field.”

I wonder if he'd be willing to take a pay cut on next years salary to prove he's serious, or if he means he's happy to be overpaid but after that part he'll take the pay cut.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I wonder if he'd be willing to take a pay cut on next years salary to prove he's serious, or if he means he's happy to be overpaid but after that part he'll take the pay cut.
    Couldn't tell from the article hey. Him taking a pay cut next year would definitely increase Smith's chances I would say.

I actually really like that Ash has come out and said that, we haven't heard Proctor say that...

It takes balls to say you haven't played as well as you've been getting paid, hopefully some of that money can go to to Fogarty, Mo and AJ. Seems like we are really building towards a team first culture.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Not sure if srs

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I actually really like that Ash has come out and said that, we haven't heard Proctor say that...

It takes balls to say you haven't played as well as you've been getting paid, hopefully some of that money can go to to Fogarty, Mo and AJ. Seems like we are really building towards a team first culture.
    Proctor is not on a million bucks either. Ash has said he would take a pay cut but that's easy when your on a million and it's obvious he will not get that next time. In fact, Ash is worth about $400K - I wonder if he'd be happy with that. It's not a paycut, just paying his market value.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Proctor is not on a million bucks either. Ash has said he would take a pay cut but that's easy when your on a million and it's obvious he will not get that next time. In fact, Ash is worth about $400K - I wonder if he'd be happy with that. It's not a paycut, just paying his market value.
    Yeh well the Titans are the nufties which offered that amount of money due to other clubs going after him. We took an educated punt on a player and it didn't deliver, not the players fault that's on our club.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Did anyone catch 100% Footy last night? I almost threw something at the TV when Gus said, "The Titans are trying to buy their way out of trouble for about the 3rd time," and even the way he said it was really snarky towards us. Of course nobody stuck up for us after the comment was made.
    Might go watch it now.. but how are we doing any different to any other team? We have a bunch leaving which means we can purchase more players? I think we are doing a pretty good job.. he must be upset with how his boy Brennan went up here

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Yeh well the Titans are the nufties which offered that amount of money due to other clubs going after him. We took an educated punt on a player and it didn't deliver, not the players fault that's on our club.
    Absolutely, and at the time I agreed with the club's decision. Not many thought he would turn out the way he has. His generous offer to take a wage cut will be gladly accepted I'm sure but I just hope Ash is realistic to cop about $400k which is still great coin. He really should be embarrassed that Fogarty has not only come in to the team and done well, but to be made captain ahead of him speaks volumes about the current status of the both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Absolutely, and at the time I agreed with the club's decision. Not many thought he would turn out the way he has. His generous offer to take a wage cut will be gladly accepted I'm sure but I just hope Ash is realistic to cop about $400k which is still great coin. He really should be embarrassed that Fogarty has not only come in to the team and done well, but to be made captain ahead of him speaks volumes about the current status of the both of them.
    Agreed I think Fogarty has been showing ash how it's done! Fogarty probably accepted he might not get another nrl call up now he is relishing the opportunity.

I also supported throwing the bank at Ash! Your not alone.

Good points all and especially that summation MT ... Taylor is an enigma but he’s become one of us and I won’t argue against that. On Gould ... he rivals Kent as the biggest clown in code
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Full article from GCBully.
    ——————————————/

Gold Coast Titans Ash Taylor ‘100 per cent’ willing to take pay cut
    Nic Darveniza, Gold Coast Bulletin
    September 1, 2020 2:16pm
    Subscriber only
    GOLD Coast halfback Ash Taylor is “100 per cent” willing to take a pay cut to his million-dollar salary to help the Titans attract new talent.

Taylor is the happiest he has been as a footballer having finally achieved balance between his play on the field and his life away from rugby league.

If it takes a pay cut to ensure his future under Justin Holbrook and alongside a blossoming spine combination with Jamal Fogarty and AJ Brimson, Taylor said he is open to that discussion “100 per cent.”
    “When you’re not playing up to the cap it’s hurting the team,” he said.

“If that’s what it takes to attract new talent then definitely.”

Taylor said that discussion topic had not been broached by Titans leadership so far but he would open to it to help the Titans grow into an NRL force.

If Taylor’s salary - currently the highest of any five-eighth in the NRL - was reduced from $1 million per year to the $700,000 paid to the Roosters’ Luke Keary and Rabbitohs’ Cody Walker, the seventh and eighth highest-paid, a new signing could be subsidised by $300,000.

Melbourne Storm hooker Brandon Smith’s current deal is also worth $400,000.

Scoring Smith for Taylor’s 2020 wage plus $100,000 is the type of savvy recruitment the NRL’s heavyweights thrive on.

If a pay cut comes with a contract extension on the Gold Coast, Taylor would readily consider it.

“I’d love to be a part of the future (here),” the 25-year-old said.

“I love the Gold Coast, it’s pretty much home for me now.

“I was a little bit lost last year, which has been well-documented, but I’m loving the game and building that week-in, week-out competitiveness has really brought me back to life.

“Life away from footy has given me a new life.

“I’m loving every minute with my son, who’s 8.5 months and starting to crawl and say dad.

“When I wake up in the morning he’s there smiling at me.

“It gives you a new outlook on life.

“I’m loving every minute and when you’re happy off the field you’re happy on, and that’s reflected on the field.”

Longtime teammate Jarrod Wallace said Taylor’s commitment to the team had never been in question.

“I think Ash’s biggest thing has been he over-committed to the team,” Wallace said.

“He’s always put the team and footy first, instead of his mindset.

“Last year he had to go back to his family and get his mental health right and now it’s showing.

“(Taylor alongside Jamal Fogarty and AJ Brimson) are a fantastic spine to have.

“They’re the ones when we need to find something that we’re leaning on.”

The Rich List: NRL's best-paid five-eighths per season
    1.Ashley Taylor, Gold Coast Titans ($1,025,000)
    2.Kieran Foran, Canterbury Bulldogs ($1,000,000)
    3.Anthony Milford, Brisbane Broncos ($1,000,000)
    4.Cameron Munster, Melbourne Storm ($850,000)
    5.Corey Norman, St George Dragons ($850,000)
    6.Josh Reynolds, Wests Tigers ($850,000)
    7.Shaun Johnson, Cronulla Sharks ($800,000)
    8.Cody Walker, South Sydney Rabbitohs ($700,000)
    9.Luke Keary, Sydney Roosters ($700,000)
    10.Blake Green, New Zealand Warriors ($675,000)

https://twitter.com/gcb_sport/status...899087360?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

The Rich List: NRL's best-paid five-eighths per season
    1.Ashley Taylor, Gold Coast Titans ($1,025,000)
    2.Kieran Foran, Canterbury Bulldogs ($1,000,000)
    3.Anthony Milford, Brisbane Broncos ($1,000,000)
    4.Cameron Munster, Melbourne Storm ($850,000)
    5.Corey Norman, St George Dragons ($850,000)
    6.Josh Reynolds, Wests Tigers ($850,000)
    7.Shaun Johnson, Cronulla Sharks ($800,000)
    8.Cody Walker, South Sydney Rabbitohs ($700,000)
    9.Luke Keary, Sydney Roosters ($700,000)
    10.Blake Green, New Zealand Warriors ($675,000)

So its interesting. Of the above list there is one player in the top 5 $ earners that on the whole actually plays to the contact value and thats Munster. The rest have fallen out of form for a while now ( yes they can play some good game but not consistently ). I believe that Keary has just got an upgrade to about $850k-$900K (he deserves it ). IMO I would say that only 3 players in that list (Keary, Walker Munster ) are on approx value. Jury is out with SJ this year is playing well but last not soo good(Played fair though).

So where does it leave ATAY ?? Says that he’s happy to take a hair cut so that we can recruit some players. I will note that I respect Taylor for coming out and saying this as he doesn’t have to at all and quite within his right to stick to his contract for next year. SO what is his value?? So if Green is on $675K I would value Taylor at about $500k or less based on this years performance. However in reality we can not say thanks for the offer and we want to pay you $300K and you loose $725K ( Won’t happen ). So in this scenario redo his contract 2 years at $1 mil with an option in the clubs favour to add another year or two..If it means that the $525K we save can help get one of the Smiths then I’m all for it and will thank Taylor for his selflessnesss when he doesn’t have too.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

If the club could re-sign him for next season with a new contract at $600k per season but added an extra 2 years id be happy with that.
    Last edited by Upthetits; 01-09-20 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Not sure if srs
    LOL rarely. I think he needs to be ready to be insulted when (if) the offer comes.

Seeing Blake Green on the top earners list makes me feel better though.

As for Taylor's worth to us. When he isn't on the field and Boyd takes over, what have we lost? So if we have his replacement then his worth to us is below market value to him.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 01-09-20 at 03:47 PM.

Anyone interested in Benji Marshall for next year?
    Psmitty