Page 4 of 217 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    Immortal

Erin Clark is an interesting player that the Titans have brought in to have a look on a train and trial basis at over the course of the preseason.

The nuggety hooker played one NRL match in his time at the Warriors when he debuted against the Melbourne Storm in 2017 as a 20 year old. In 2016 the former Junior Kiwi made his International debut when he played for Samoa against Tonga.

In 2018 he joined Canberra but did not add to his one NRL match in his two seasons with the Raiders.

It will be interesting to see how he goes over the off-season and 2020 NRL trials.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Erin Clark is an interesting player that the Titans have brought in to have a look on a train and trial basis at over the course of the preseason.

The nuggety hooker played one NRL match in his time at the Warriors when he debuted against the Melbourne Storm in 2017 as a 20 year old. In 2016 the former Junior Kiwi made his International debut when he played for Samoa against Tonga.

In 2018 he joined Canberra but did not add to his one NRL match in his two seasons with the Raiders.

It will be interesting to see how he goes over the off-season and 2020 NRL trials.
    Could turn out to be a good move for Erin. Hard for a young bloke to get a start at the raiders in his time there with Hodgson and Havili in front of him.

I hope he kicks on with us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Good luck with that happening is all I have to say to that.
    Tricky, no doubt.

I wonder if Mal did swing it and gets Fifita here...would he then be considered worth having around?

I also wonder if Fifita doesn't sign, for whatever reason...would that be seen on here as another mark against Mal?

I'm with NZFan on this one.

David Fifita may become available soon. Mal might get his wish.
    Psmitty

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    David Fifita may become available soon. Mal might get his wish.
    Could you or anyone else in the know expand on this?
    If Arrow/Brimson signed new contracts and Fifita came home to us then things could turn rapidly for us.
    It could open the floodgates for all our juniors to either be determined to play for us or for the ones that have left EG Haas to want to come home to us.

It would be a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Could you or anyone else in the know expand on this?
    If Arrow/Brimson signed new contracts and Fifita came home to us then things could turn rapidly for us.
    It could open the floodgates for all our juniors to either be determined to play for us or for the ones that have left EG Haas to want to come home to us.

It would be a game changer.
    I assume this is what is being referred to?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/09/...club-incident/

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post

Well smitty is dreaming then.
    The Drongoes are the very worst club by miles in world sport for not giving a stuff about off field atrocities.
    Their fans indifference to all forms of violence against women in particular is shameful and backwards.

So a nightclub incident in Bali will be totally meaningless at Red Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post

I wonder if Mal did swing it and gets Fifita here...would he then be considered worth having around?

I also wonder if Fifita doesn't sign, for whatever reason...would that be seen on here as another mark against Mal?

I'm with NZFan on this one.
    Yes it would be a mark against Mal, the same way he opens his mouth and says that anyone that doesn't buy in to the ethos will be moved on. No ones gone. Mal said we will go after Fifita, no fifita then it's a blight against his name. He is here to attract players, if he can't do that then it's another thing he hasn't performed that makes up his role at the club.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post

Club officials must just pull their hair out over the stupidity of their players. Same bar as the Solomono incident. Duuuhhhhhh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Well smitty is dreaming then.
    The Drongoes are the very worst club by miles in world sport for not giving a stuff about off field atrocities.
    Their fans indifference to all forms of violence against women in particular is shameful and backwards.

So a nightclub incident in Bali will be totally meaningless at Red Hill.

Hahahahahaha

First Grader

Both Fifita and his father are both locked up . The fafita quinella

Isn't that the second incident in Bali in a couple weeks?! I'd be really reluctant (Actually I never would) to do that in a foreign country, let alone what amounts to Indonesia.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The Bulletin looks at five Titans players under pressure to perform in the NRL next season
    https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

WITH a host of Titans off-contract at the end of 2020, the Bulletin looks at five players under pressure to perform in the NRL next season.

ASH TAYLOR

Viewed as the future of the club when he penned a three-year, multimillion-dollar deal at the end of 2017, Taylor was a shadow of his former self this year.

In form, the 24-year-old is one of the best halfbacks in the competition so getting the best out of him is one of new coach Justin Holbrook’s most pressing assignments.

LEILANI LATU

One of a number of former Panthers recruited by former coach Garth Brennan, Latu has so far proven to be a big-money flop.

The 26-year-old prop has all the attributes to become an NRL force but time is now ticking after spending most of his time on the Coast with Tweed in the Intrust Super Cup.

KALLUM WATKINS

Brought to the club from the Leeds Rhinos in June, the 28-year-old centre had limited chances to show his wares this year, playing just six games in a struggling Gold Coast side.

However, the Titans have a history of recruiting English flops and Watkins will be desperate to avoid having his name added to the list.

NATHAN PEATS

A three-game NSW Origin representative in 2017, the 29-year-old hooker has battled injury and inconsistency ever since.

While his workrate is unquestioned, he must find a way to become a creative spark for the Titans to become a finals hope.

KEVIN PROCTOR

The Kiwi veteran is a polarising figure among Titans fans.

Some say he is underrated and pure statistics don’t do justice to his value; others lament the former Melbourne back-rower hasn’t delivered on the things the club hoped he would bring.

Either way, next season may be the 30-year-old’s last chance to prove his worth.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Yes it would be a mark against Mal, the same way he opens his mouth and says that anyone that doesn't buy in to the ethos will be moved on. No ones gone. Mal said we will go after Fifita, no fifita then it's a blight against his name. He is here to attract players, if he can't do that then it's another thing he hasn't performed that makes up his role at the club.
    I thought it was, buy into the ethos or leave. No one left. Semantics?? Maybe.

The "love it or leave it" rev up is an old chestnut. "We won't pay you out...you can leave if you wish (breaking your contract)...where will you go?" Etc...

I reckon next season is when it will be brought into effect. Whatever Holbrook can add to the team ethos (a Greek word for character that seems fitting here at the Titans, lol.) will be important.

We could really use the three artistic proofs that Aristotle came up with to help build culture within the playing group...and the supporters.

Ethos, Pathos and Logos.

Ethos, to convince our players and fans of our credibility by ethical appeal.

Pathos, to persuade the players and fans by emotional appeal.

Logos, to convince the players and fans through logic and reason. (This one could be hard here at times)

Quite frankly if some of the players can't find personal motivation to perform to the best of their ability next year, then they are as good as retired. Surely they are aware that the won't be another opportunity in Australia for most of them if we finish with a fizzle again in the 2020 season.
    Titans Proud, Titans Strong.

G'day Titanitis!

Mate, I'd say the players would be acutely aware of what the club expects from them next year.

The media stories and club announcements are always as cheery and positive as they can be...but I'd be very surprised if there haven't been quite a few blunt conversations to lay emphasis on what is required next season.

We'll never be privy to those talks. We just get the media fluff.