Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2020 NRL Draw

Quote Originally Posted by Titanitis View Post
    I feel like welcoming the Friday 6pm games 'family friendly time-slot' is a bit of a politicians response.

Long time lurker on this forum, it seemed the most appropriate place to share my slightly bias opinion on the matter.
    Welcome to the forum champion. Thanks for making your first post.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Welcome ‘Itis nice to have you around.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Cbus Super Stadium to feast on big-time footy
    https://www.titans.com.au/

Titans Members and fans will feast on a smorgasbord of big-time footy at Cbus Super Stadium in 2020, with a host of the NRL’s biggest teams locked in to visit the Gold Coast to take on the Titans.

The NRL Premiership draw for 2020 has finally been released, and the Titans will get an early test of their premiership mettle with assignments against six of last year’s top-eight teams – including the two grand finalists – to open the season.

While it will be baptism of fire for new coach Justin Holbrook as he takes control of the Titans, Gold Coast Members and season-ticket holders will be delighted with the number of high-calibre matches on the menu at Cbus Super Stadium this season.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs will make an overdue return to the Gold Coast in 2018, as will last year’s giant-killers the Canberra Raiders and Manly Sea Eagles.

The Titans’ traditional rivalry clashes against the Brisbane Broncos and North Queensland Cowboys are also locked in, as is a home assignment against the Melbourne Storm, which could be the last time we see Storm skipper and league legend Cameron Smith playing on the Gold Coast.

The premiership season gets underway with an away assignment against the Raiders at GIO Stadium in Canberra on Friday 13 March.

The Titans then return home to take on another of 2019’s surprise packets, the Parramatta Eels, on Sunday 22 March.

In Round 3, the Broncos roll into town for the first of the Queensland derbies, taking on the Titans on Sunday 29 March.

After an extended stint on the road, the Titans will return home in Round 7 to take on the Wests Tigers in Cbus Super Stadium’s first taste of Friday night footy for the year on 24 April.

In Round 8, the Titans play at “home” away from home, as all 16 NRL clubs head to Brisbane for Magic Round at Suncorp Stadium.

After playing in the very first Magic Round match in 2019 against the Sharks, the Titans will be the curtain-call for the 2020 version, taking on the Panthers in the final game of the weekend on Sunday 3 May.

The Warriors always draw one of the crowds of the year when they play at Cbus Super Stadium, and the boys from across the ditch will this year arrive in Round 10 to meet the Titans on Saturday 16 May.

In Round 12, the Bulldogs will be looking to repeat their upset win of 2019 when they take on the Titans at Cbus Stadium on Thursday 28 May.

The second of the Queensland derbies arrives in Round 14 when the Titans host the Cowboys on Friday 12 June.

Away matches, the bye and representative season mean it will then be almost a month before the Titans play at Cbus Stadium again – but it will be worth the wait as Smith and Craig Bellamy bring the Storm to town on Saturday 11 July.

Titans fans will then savour back-to-back blockbusters at Cbus Stadium, with games against traditional giants the Dragons (Round 20, Saturday 1 August) and Wayne Bennett’s Rabbitohs (Round 21, Saturday 8 August).

The Titans will then be back on the road before returning home for the final two games of the season – against Canberra (Round 24, Sunday 30 August) and Manly (Round 25, Saturday 5 September) rounding out the year and hopefully acting as a final warm-up before the semi-finals.

Titans Memberships for the 2020 season are now on sale, so don’t miss out on securing your seat for a brilliant season of rugby league at Cbus Super Stadium.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

2020 Titans Draw

First Grader

The sunday 5.15pm timeslots are a killer

I’ll probably go against a lot of people’s thoughts on the NRL draw for the @GCTitans. I believe that it will put a microscope on the players to see if their attitude has changed from last year and we are really going to challenge the top 8 it doesn’t matter who we play.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

5 games in the Arvo. Guess I will pay out more and move over to the western side. Think I might take MT’s seats

Inactive User

Shamus could you please replace the half a dozen blokes in their early 20s in the row behind me that spend the game dropping C and F bombs in the presence of my wife

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    5 games in the Arvo. Guess I will pay out more and move over to the western side. Think I might take MT’s seats
    Lol. There are plenty available around where we were, but mine are padded and have had only one owner!

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Even Meno wouldn't think we are a chance in that. Well, he probably does but we are no hope down there.
    We're always a chance, MT.

Always!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Beat Canberra in Round 1 in Canberra and we are well on our way to turning our club around
    *Like*

Stop it you blokes, the mutual admiration and camaraderie is making me sick
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Stop it you blokes, the mutual admiration and camaraderie is making me sick
    It's ok Titanic, I think we've all realised that we only have each other. We can't say in public that we follow the Titans otherwise we'll be ridiculed, or bashed. So we just keep it quiet and come on here for support.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Shamus could you please replace the half a dozen blokes in their early 20s in the row behind me that spend the game dropping C and F bombs in the presence of my wife
    That's disgraceful. It's ok for people to enjoy their footy and I can forgive a lot. But when it's littering their loud conversations, just go home and watch it in your lounge room. Consider reporting them. I think there is an anonymous seat assist text number.

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. Brought my wife to the footy and had to hear a heap of that and I said something about it in firm but diplomatic terms. Thanks to the few people who come on here who backed me up.

It's ok Titanic, I think we've all realised that we only have each other. We can't say in public that we follow the Titans otherwise we'll be ridiculed, or bashed. So we just keep it quiet and come on here for support.
    That's the honest truth. We are in underground resistance mode. But I believe we have the ingredients to become the club we think we can be. Thankfully we have learnt to cut some of the negatives out and we still need to learn how to manage our roster and stop paying overs. But the fundamental ingredients are still there including a rich juniors area, a lovely stadium and according to many surveys a destination many players would be willing to sign to as well as representative pathways (further helped with having Mal on board).

Actually...I'm a little different. I proudly announce to all that I'm Titans through and through.

I find that supporters of other sides that try to rubbish the team to me are never able to keep up with the return serves I give them. It's all good fun...but they usually give up quickly, and I go on my merry way. lol

I've even managed to turn quite a few our way. Not all the way...but they start to sympathise with our losses/woes...celebrate our wins and some have adopted us as their second team.

With a good year next year...I reckon I'll get a few to cross over into the light that is, the Titans!

(Well...that's the plan. )