Gold Coast outside back Dale Copley is excited about the upcoming pre-season with plenty of blood and sweat to be spilled before the Christmas break.

Copley will be entering his 12th pre-season as a professional NRL player in November, and while he has a fair idea of what to expect from the first training block, there will be a number of added incentives this year with mass changes to the club’s coaching staff.

Newly appointed Head Coach Justin Holbrook will take control of his first NRL pre-season, and with his new assistants Jim Dymock and Jim Lenihan also taking part in their first pre-season on the Coast, the entire playing group can expect plenty of differences to what they have experienced before.

“It’s exciting times ahead, and there is certainly an air of optimism around the place as we head towards November,” Copley said.

“That’s where all the base is built, in that eight weeks before Christmas.

“No doubt Justin will be whipping us into shape in that period.

“It’s a crucial part of the year for any club, but really important for us as I’m sure we’ll have some new philosophies that the coaching staff will implement for us.”

Copley has worked with Holbrook previously when they were at the Sydney Roosters back in 2016, so has an idea of how he operates. But the 28-year-old is excited about a new-look staff and the energy and enthusiasm they will bring to the Titans.

“Jim Dymock as a player was someone I really enjoyed watching, and he’s had some stints at other clubs that have had success so I’m looking forward to working with him moving forward,” Copley said.

“Jimmy (Lenihan) joined us for the last 6-8 weeks of last season, and he’s had a heap of success in the Queensland Cup, so I’m excited about those guys coming in.

“I think it’s pretty much the same with a lot of pre-seasons – a lot of hard work, sweat and blood gets spilled in that period. But that’s where you can set your whole season up.”

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2019/...eing-spilled2/