Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default TFH Hire Services Reaffirm Commitment to Gold Coast Titans

TFH Hire Services have reaffirmed their commitment to the Gold Coast Titans, continuing as a major partner of the Club and the Titans’ playing jersey sleeve sponsor for the 2020 NRL season.

TFH Hire Services Director Brett Thomas today issued a personal and public apology to Titans captain Ryan James, who “unfairly” became the public focus of a private issue between the company and the Club.

“I sincerely apologise to Ryan James, and his family, for any hurt my comments caused. It was a stupid thing to say, and it's not how I think or who I am,” Mr Thomas said.

“During sponsorship negotiations with the Titans, I overreacted and unfairly brought Ryan into a situation that had nothing to do with him.

“I've known Ryan for seven years and have a great relationship with him. I've spoken with Ryan over the past few days to check on his welfare and to personally apologise to him.

“Ryan is a man of tremendous character, and I'm grateful he accepted my apology.

“Ryan does amazing work for our community, and grassroots rugby league, and we've both committed to continue to work together for the betterment of our community.

“TFH is also proud to reaffirm our sponsorship with the Titans in 2020. TFH has been with the Titans since 2013, and we remain committed to the Club and our local community.

“We stand united with the Titans. There are lots of good things happening at the Club, and we are excited for the 2020 season.”

Titans Chief Executive Steve Mitchell said the Club was pleased that one of its long-term sponsors was onboard again for 2020.

“We have had some direct, honest and positive two-way conversations with TFH around their commitment to the Club, and the Titans are happy this long-term relationship will continue into the 2020 season,” Mitchell said.

“We are pleased TFH will continue with us, the rest of the Titans’ corporate partners, our Members and fans as we work together towards a positive and productive future on the Gold Coast.”

Titans Head of Performance and Culture Mal Meninga applauded Mr Thomas and TFH for resolving the situation with humility and respect.

“Like Ryan did on grand final night, Brett made a mistake, and just like with Ryan, people are prepared to forgive and forget if that mistake is owned with sincerity and authenticity,” Meninga said.

“Brett and TFH have been long-term supporters of the Titans, and that they have put their hand up over this, and apologised directly to Ryan for their mistake, shows the real character of the company that we are proud to call our partners at the Titans.

“We look forward to TFH being with us again in 2020, and continuing this great relationship and our shared passion for rugby league and our local community.”

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2019/...-coast-titans/

Good news and a deserved apology to Ryan James.

Moving forward...

Yep turn the page
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I was outraged when I read his dig at Ryan James. Very unfair. It is a positive move to see that he apologised to Ryan and has recommitted to the Titans. But gee I was spewing and definitely joined the social media pile on that included supporters of all clubs.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Seems like the boss of TFH has more to worry about than just the Titans issue. Front page of today's Sunday Mail. I can't post as I'm not a subsciber.

First Grader

He has a charge of sexual harassment levelled against him. His wife appears sus as well. Depending on how the Federal Court case goes but sounds like we should not be associated with their company anyway. Even his sister has resigned from the company supporting the claimants claims.

I'm not a moderator but just in case they are up late today, it's probably best that people are careful what they post as we don't want to get DH in trouble. The paper article has the details and of course at this stage everything is alleged.

Sleaze claims hit Titans sponsor TFH Hire Services’ managing director Brett Thomas
    Vanda Carson and Greg Stolz, The Sunday Mail (Qld)
    October 20, 2019 12:00am
    Subscriber only
    A MILLIONAIRE Queensland businessman, whose company is at the centre of a controversy over its six-figure NRL sponsorship, has been accused of propositioning a junior staffer for a “threesome”, a court has been told.

Brett Thomas, managing director of Kingston-based TFH Hire Services (TFH), which sponsors the Gold Coast Titans, allegedly asked his then marketing manager, Ashleigh Lynette Martinovic, for “threesomes” with his wife and another employee, on more than one occasion, according to court documents.

The 52-year-old touched the 24-year-old on the buttocks in the office, more than once, made lewd comments to her during work meetings and slept with a co-worker on a business trip just metres from Ms Martinovic, according to documents filed in the Federal Court in Brisbane.

The former staffer, who is suing Mr Thomas and his company for $815,793, claims the persistent sexual harassment continued over 15 months and has left her unable to work for the past year.

Mr Thomas would not comment on the claim this week but is expected to defend the allegations.

Mr Thomas made headlines last week when he sensationally pulled the pin on his company’s long-term sponsorship of the Titans, citing Ryan James’s “embarrassing” and “offensive” Welcome To Country gaffe during the Grand Final as the catalyst.

On Friday Mr Thomas backflipped, reinstating the deal for 2020, saying in a public statement: “When I stuff up, I stuff up, I’m human like anybody else”.

The Federal Court sexual harassment case is alleged to have caused a major rift between the tight-knit members of the Thomas family, which owns TFH Hire.

Ms Martinovic claims in the Federal Court that Mr Thomas allegedly asked her for a threesome along with his wife Mieke Thomas, on her first day after she was hired by Mr Thomas’s sister Leesa Gill, 49, from Greenbank.

Ashleigh Martinovic claims in the Federal Court that Mr Thomas allegedly asked her for a threesome along with his wife Mieke Thomas, on her first day.
    Ashleigh Martinovic claims in the Federal Court that Mr Thomas allegedly asked her for a threesome along with his wife Mieke Thomas, on her first day.
    She claims in court documents that Mr Thomas’s unwanted advances left her feeling humiliated, anxious and embarrassed.

Court documents claim Mr Thomas again asked her for a threesome with his wife, while the trio were in a taxi to their hotel after an industry dinner in Sydney on May 11, 2017.

Ms Martinovic claims that, earlier in the night, Mr Thomas’s wife “repetitively requested and insisted” she sit on her lap during the event.

She also alleges Mr Thomas asked her again for a threesome in a hotel room after the Australian Event Awards on the Sunshine Coast on September 13, 2017.

Court documents also alleged that on August 17, 2018, Mr Thomas told Ms Martinovic he was planning a threesome with her and another staffer, while staying at the Novotel Hotel in Manly for a Gold Coast Titans vs Manly Sea Eagles NRL match.

“We will push the beds together and have a threesome with her,” he allegedly said, pointing to another female TFH staffer. Ms Martinovic claims that Mr Thomas had sexual intercourse with the female staffer in a room at the Novotel while she pretended to sleep, just metres away.

She alleges the harassment was not just on trips to Sydney, but also at TFH headquarters, where Mr Thomas is alleged to have told her, “You can tell you play soccer”, as he touched Ms Martinovic’s buttocks while she walked through a doorway on October 12, 2017.

Mr Thomas also allegedly “poked” her backside with his finger “forcefully” in front of staff on July 9, 2018.

Ms Martinovic’s claims that Mieke Thomas insisted she sit on her lap, grabbed on the bottom and treated her inappropriately are corroborated by three other staff members, who have sworn statements filed in court.

Ms Gill, who is a one-quarter owner of TFH with her two brothers and father, is one of the alleged key witnesses to the “insistent” request by Mr Thomas and his wife that Ms Martinovic sit on one of their laps, which Ms Gill says in court documents she found to be “extremely inappropriate”.

The Federal Court sexual harassment case is alleged to have caused a major rift between the tight-knit members of the Thomas family, which owns Kingston-based TFH Hire.
    The Federal Court sexual harassment case is alleged to have caused a major rift between the tight-knit members of the Thomas family, which owns Kingston-based TFH Hire.
    Ms Gill also witnessed her brother tell Ms Martinovic she had “a nice ****” several times at work, she says in her statement tendered in court.

Less than a month after the alleged lap incident, Ms Gill quit her role as CFO of TFH and her role as a director of a debt collection company.

Another witness, who supports Ms Martinovic, swore a statement that he heard Mr Thomas tell Ms Martinovic, “It’s OK, it was only my phone”, after he walked up behind her and “brushed himself” against her.

Contacted for comment, Mr Thomas initially told The Sunday Mail he was unaware of the sexual harassment claim, despite his lawyers having submitted a response to the court.

When informed of the case details, he said, “Just call the office and make a time … it’s all good.”

He then hung up.

Mr Thomas made headlines last week when he sensationally pulled the pin on his company’s long-term sponsorship of the Titans, citing Ryan James’s, pictured, “embarrassing” and “offensive” Welcome To Country gaffe during the Grand Final as the catalyst. Picture: Jason McCawley/Getty Images
    Mr Thomas made headlines last week when he sensationally pulled the pin on his company’s long-term sponsorship of the Titans, citing Ryan James’s, pictured, “embarrassing” and “offensive” Welcome To Country gaffe during the Grand Final as the catalyst. Picture: Jason McCawley/Getty Images
    Ms Martinovic alleges that after she rejected Mr Thomas’s advances, she was treated differently, barred from work projects and bullied, with Mr Thomas acting “aggressively” towards her at work.

Ms Martinovic’s claim for compensation alleges she has suffered post-traumatic stress disorder, depression and anxiety and she wants the court to order TFH to apologise to her and to order TFH to introduce a sexual harassment policy for the workplace.

Ms Martinovic has succeeded in receiving statutory benefits under a WorkCover claim, court documents state.

The former marketing manager states in court documents that her job required her to attend awards nights and NRL games with Mr Thomas, where alcohol was consumed.

She claims she was encouraged to consume alcohol at events by Mr Thomas and his wife.

The case was mentioned briefly in the Federal Court before Justice Darryl Rangiah, where he ordered Mr Thomas and TFH file a defence to the claims by December 13, and that the parties try to settle the dispute in mediation by February 28.

Ms Martinovic initially took her sexual harassment case to the Australian Human Rights Commission (AHRC), where cases are conciliated and usually end with the woman’s resignation and a small cash payment in return for keeping it a secret.

Her case was not settled in the AHRC, so the case went to the Federal Court, where it was made public.

**End**

What a crying shame. He probably could have used the sponsorship money to settle this case. Best case scenario is we find another sponsor and drop them.

Inactive User

Good Lord. Manly and Cronulla as well as us need to deal with this. I would love to say more but MT is right. It’s before the courts.

Anyone that wants to follow this story can and should just stick to reading about it in the media. I think we can rest assured that the club will do what's best for the club...lets just be very careful here.

I would encourage all of us to keep this site out of it. There must be other places where you can go to voice your opinions on this matter. As a member of League of Titans...I'd urge everyone to not comment on this matter here.

Totally agree with menoitios leave comments and this forum out of it

Inactive User

It was MT who said don’t comment. Nobody at this point has gone anywhere near crossing the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Anyone that wants to follow this story can and should just stick to reading about it in the media. I think we can rest assured that the club will do what's best for the club...lets just be very careful here.

I would encourage all of us to keep this site out of it. There must be other places where you can go to voice your opinions on this matter. As a member of League of Titans...I'd urge everyone to not comment on this matter here.
    Thanks for backing up my initial post Meno.

Oh dear....

I didn't mean to step on any toes.

I hereby declare my support to, and agreeance with MT on this issue.

fmd/lol

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Oh dear....

I didn't mean to step on any toes.

I hereby declare my support to, and agreeance with MT on this issue.

fmd/lol
    FMD and LOL. I find that unnecessarily aggressive and disrespectful.
    I’m not putting up with that.

Since when has that been acceptable in here.
    That’s just twitter/facebook stuff which if we go down that avenue would be a real shame.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 20-10-19 at 11:40 AM.