Default 2019 NRL Grand Final

Well a titan made the GF........ and got the spoon.

lol @ Ryan James.

What a load of ****e, the rooters trainer gets in the way of a potential try and they get the feed. WTF

Ryan James "I'm lost"....doesn't get any better than that.

Scrum feed goes to the attacking team. I'd deadset kick the ball into the ref every set of 6.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...65OIhUUk9IM8Ws

Only certain teams are allowed to succeed in the NRL. Hope Canberra have a case to sue for loss of revenue because an apology from Annesley on Monday doesn't convert to sponsorship dollars and third party deals. Games a disgrace.

Inactive User

If we made a GF and Lost through cheats like that I’m scared about what I’d do

New tactics for next year. When we aren't a scoring chance, boot the ball into a ref or your trainer and get the scrum feed and 6 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    If we made a GF and Lost through cheats like that I’m scared about what I’d do
    Actually Bods the right call in the end was made. If Canberra had incorrectly been given 6 again and scored then we would have been screaming as well. I wanted the Raiders to win but the over emphasis on the refs gives me the irrits.
    That said, the Roosters trainer was far too involved all night and I saw Cummins warn him at one stage. He was near to a possible high tackle at one stage and was all over the refs. Maybe the ball hitting them might finally convince the NRL to get serious in keeping them off the field.

MT the incorrect call was made and subsequently in the first time in reffing history was changed on the spot. According to the FB rule book enthusiasts that call can't be reversed by a ref unless an act of foul play has been committed so the original incorrect call should have stood.

A coaches challenge could change all this. As for all the Roosters fans out there saying Canberra couldn't crack them with 12 on the field well the Roosters couldn't score with out the refs and trainers help. Game needs fixing and from Annesleys comments on Monday it won't be happening because they won't admit there is a problem.

Lowest ratings for a GF apparently. Had to give tickets away to sell it out. Yeah, the games fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    MT the incorrect call was made and subsequently in the first time in reffing history was changed on the spot. According to the FB rule book enthusiasts that call can't be reversed by a ref unless an act of foul play has been committed so the original incorrect call should have stood.

A coaches challenge could change all this. As for all the Roosters fans out there saying Canberra couldn't crack them with 12 on the field well the Roosters couldn't score with out the refs and trainers help. Game needs fixing and from Annesleys comments on Monday it won't be happening because they won't admit there is a problem.
    I'm not for one minute suggesting the game doesn't need looking at, particularly the refs, however had Canberra been given 6 again (which was an incorrect call) and they scored, that would have been far worse than what happened. The Roosters still had 90 metres to go to score that try and Canberra should have been able to stop it regardless. I guess we could argue about that all day.

It was a great day there and a really good atmosphere and it's a shame refs yet again have stolen the show. It's funny though, I have since watched a replay of the 9 and Fox coverages and it is so much more enjoyable on Fox where they don't spend as much time looking for things to bring the game down.

Gus commentates on channel 9, that's enough for me to dread the fact that when I turned on 502 and saw I had to watch it on 9 I shed a single tear.

Gus commentates on channel 9, that's enough for me to dread the fact that when I turned on 502 and saw I had to watch it on 9 I shed a single tear.
    The only benefit for you was that Blocker Roach was on the Grand Final commentary on Fox. That goon seems to be getting more and more work at Fox. Has no clue about the rules and he is a pain to listen to.

Inactive User

Lowest ratings for a GF apparently. Had to give tickets away to sell it out. Yeah, the games fine.
    For real about lowest ratings and giving away tickets JB? Is there something I could read about that? Bloody hell-giving away tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    For real about lowest ratings and giving away tickets JB? Is there something I could read about that? Bloody hell-giving away tickets.
    From what I understand there were about 600 tickets left on the Sunday morning that were mostly the expensive ones ($300 plus each) and the NRL withdrew them from sale and distributed them, whatever that means. Ticketek showed the match as a sellout from about 8am on the morning.
    The ratings were low, I think I read lowest since 2003. I would say that most were sick of seeing the Roosters in the GF and expected them to win and Canberra don't have a great following in Sydney. For me I thought it was great that a different team was in the GF for a change, but I'm a rusted on supporter. To put it in to context I read that the AFL GF ratings were the lowest in 26 years. The NRL ratings were great up until Origin and then tapered off and the powers that be need to work out why, especially considering that many fans have to cop crap timeslots now to attend matches due to the mighty tv dollar. Apparently streaming ratings are going through the roof and they do not get counted.