Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I wonder...

First Grader

The game needs to be an event and not just a football game. A team song, a gimmick and an entrance that build excitement and anticipation where the crowd gets standing and involved.
    That is what is needed.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 06-10-19 at 01:25 AM.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Question: What are we? What is a Titan? Are we gladiators? Are we Titans from greek mythology?
    This is a very good question and one that I have no idea what the answer is.

I think having a song that players entered the field to every week would be a tangible first step to building atmosphere. Like they do on that clip to Enter Sandman. Make the other team run out first and hold our team back until the crowd is engaged. Those sorts of things get the kids really involved at games. You could hear the song and instantly make the connection to the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post

I think having a song that players entered the field to every week would be a tangible first step to building atmosphere. Like they do on that clip to Enter Sandman. Make the other team run out first and hold our team back until the crowd is engaged. Those sorts of things get the kids really involved at games. You could hear the song and instantly make the connection to the Titans.
    THis I like. Great idea.

Viking clap is cringe.

Been thinking about this for a while. For me, song should be TNT by ACDC. Recognisable, everyone loves Aussie rock and the crowd will join in with Oi, Oi, Oi etc.

Instead of signing TNT, sing

Tiiitans, we're dynamite

Tiiiitans, we'll win the fight

Tiiiitans, we're a powerload

Tiiiitans, watch us explode etc

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Been thinking about this for a while. For me, song should be TNT by ACDC. Recognisable, everyone loves Aussie rock and the crowd will join in with Oi, Oi, Oi etc.

Instead of signing TNT, sing

Tiiitans, we're dynamite

Tiiiitans, we'll win the fight

Tiiiitans, we're a powerload

Tiiiitans, watch us explode etc
    I like it. Of course it will never get green lighting saying we will win the fight, thanks to the PC brigade.

And ac/dc royalties

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    And ac/dc royalties
    Any song we use will incure royalties.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Any song we use will incure royalties.
    I don't think the "Happy Birthday" song is copyrighted.

(To the tune of jingle bells)
    Lock your doors and hide your stash
    The Titans boys are here.
    We’re here to do your women
    And drink your Fourex beer.
    So bring out your wives and daughters
    And we will put them to the test.
    Because we’re the mighty Titans
    And we’re the farking best.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Even if they don't pick this gem up we should sing it in the members bar at halftime.

LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    The game needs to be an event and not just a football game. A team song, a gimmick and an entrance that build excitement and anticipation where the crowd gets standing and involved.
    That is what is needed.
    Exactly!

- - - Updated - - -

Love it!!

This thread really takes me back to before 2007. Many of us had many great ideas.

The Titans came to existence at the same time when 300 hit the cinemas, so I had heaps of images in my head influenced by that. That was the original concept behind the Legion, we even had the rubber helmets.

It took the Raiders years but I really like the Viking Clap and I love their horn they get fans to blow. They are really on theme.

I've also going to 2-3 games at Bruce Stadium, actually they were Titans away games. We lost both. But I always came away with a lasting impression of how their small crowds were so one eyed and definitely applied some pressure on the refs.

I'm not much of an expert on global sports, but there is a lot we can learn.

Early on we had a lot of people trying to do really fun stuff. The Smurfs who painted up and later got morph suits with T I T A N S letters on them. People making Titan warrior costumes. Lots of banners. We should have some banner competitions with some good prizes.

My favourite things at games were giant flags. I had two I brought to games and always flew my big flag, enjoyed running around the stadium when we scored. Unfortunately I'm overseas now, but the flags are in storage and one day will return to their rightful location in the stands.

transiting Hong Kong for the mainland and will try to catch the games online.
    Hit me up next time you are passing through.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Will do Brad ... making the day an event is correct and I also like the Viking Clap.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I’d like to see something like they have in college footy in the US, a marching band that does different designs and have someone film it will a drone for the camera.. I think that would be a hit and something different to everyone else here in AUS.. I thought it was cool when I was at a college game once