Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I wonder...

Default I wonder...

I love the way the Raiders have embraced their fans on game day. It give the supporters a real feeling of clanship. Everyone wearing as much green as possible, performing the clap and cheering their team to victory. Giving it to the refs and supporting the side no matter what. The Raiders must get a thrill...a real sense of pride to be wearing the jersey and representing the nations capital!

Can we come up with anything to match that? Can anyone think of ways to rally the troops on game day...put on a show for the team and show the rest of the rugby league world know we're behind them.

I know a lot of people would feel silly doing anything in the current environment...but everything has a starting point. Why not next year?

Thoughts?

Rep Player

The Cavill Clap has a nice ring to it

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Hahaha!

Are you excited for tomorrow, mate?

I hope they smack the roosters!!

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Hahaha!

Are you excited for tomorrow, mate?

I hope they smack the roosters!!
    Mate I’m at a wedding tomorrow. Spewing!

I’ve had a few up and unders at weddings myself ... transiting Hong Kong for the mainland and will try to catch the games online.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I think a few people have gotten the clap from a trip to Cavill.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I love the way the Raiders have embraced their fans on game day. It give the supporters a real feeling of clanship. Everyone wearing as much green as possible, performing the clap and cheering their team to victory. Giving it to the refs and supporting the side no matter what. The Raiders must get a thrill...a real sense of pride to be wearing the jersey and representing the nations capital!

Can we come up with anything to match that? Can anyone think of ways to rally the troops on game day...put on a show for the team and show the rest of the rugby league world know we're behind them.

I know a lot of people would feel silly doing anything in the current environment...but everything has a starting point. Why not next year?

Thoughts?
    Canberra started the clap after they had started to improve on a regular basis. Winning first and then start with the clap or whatever. A ground less than half full and usually half of them following the opposition is a big challenge. Winning and having a side worth following is where it starts. Anything else is just like putting lipstick on a pig.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Canberra started the clap after they had started to improve on a regular basis. Winning first and then start with the clap or whatever. A ground less than half full and usually half of them following the opposition is a big challenge. Winning and having a side worth following is where it starts. Anything else is just like putting lipstick on a pig.
    From following our team from day dot I have a theory on our attendances
    1-when we are a bottom team we have 7000 diehards turn up which means if the crowd is over 14000 we are outnumbered
    2-when we are a mid table team we have 14000 turn up to support us and the rest of the crowd are opposition fans which means we are a hope of filling the stadium against The Drongoes and NZ
    3-when we are a genuine contender then 20000 turn up for us and the stadium is a chance of being full against all of the bigger clubs

What we do desperately desperately need is a Bloody Song to sing when we win. It’s such an anti climax when we actually win a game and all we do is stand around and watch the players hug the opposition players and do wierd hand shakes with them and we get ignored and then go bugger it and just walk off.

First Grader

Speaking of a club song. The club had a competition for someone to come up with one. Never heard what happend

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Speaking of a club song. The club had a competition for someone to come up with one. Never heard what happend
    Don’t know. That was over 12 months ago. A mate of mine submitted a song which I thought was pretty good and he never heard back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Don’t know. That was over 12 months ago. A mate of mine submitted a song which I thought was pretty good and he never heard back.
    The team would have forgotten the words if we introduced a new song this year.

Question: What are we? What is a Titan? Are we gladiators? Are we Titans from greek mythology?

We need an identity before we start having a gimmick. This year coming I would suggest the players come up with a way to salute the supporters that turn up in appreciation of those that do.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    The team would have forgotten the words if we introduced a new song this year.

Question: What are we? What is a Titan? Are we gladiators? Are we Titans from greek mythology?

We need an identity before we start having a gimmick. This year coming I would suggest the players come up with a way to salute the supporters that turn up in appreciation of those that do.
    How is a Club Song a gimmick?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    How is a Club Song a gimmick?
    Viking clap is the gimmick.

And if we are going to steal stuff from other clubs or places then if we are gladiators then thumbs up and thumbs down could be used. There are gladiator salutes and sayings.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Viking clap is the gimmick.

And if we are going to steal stuff from other clubs or places then if we are gladiators then thumbs up and thumbs down could be used. There are gladiator salutes and sayings.
    Pardon me JB I misunderstood.
    I don’t like the Viking Clap either because it’s simply been stolen off The Iceland Soccer Fans after that extraordinary run Iceland had at the European Soccer Championships some years back. It belongs to the hardy people of Iceland.

I just want a song and the players to quickly spread out around the stadium and give a bit of a wave and clap the fans as we sing the song. Whole thing would take 5mins and everyone would then file out feeling fantastic about club and community.