Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I got my memberships today. Missing one and no merch tickets. Do we get merch this year?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    I got my memberships today. Missing one and no merch tickets. Do we get merch this year?
    My Mrs membership came yesterday but am still waiting on mine.
    The merchandise ticket is in there you got to snap off this small section of the cardboard packaging.
    Go take another look Dools

Got it. Scarf and cap.

Sweet. I look forward to seeing I when I get back to Oz for Christmas.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/coup...202de0f9d279fb

Sometimes you wonder why we bother. This is anything but building a better community for the kids.
    Good grief. It’s so disappointing.

I'm shocked that that passed through how many layers of hands?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

That’s actually hilarious

I don’t see the big deal in it.. didn’t look into the words of it but think ppl are just too sensitive.. kids are listening to a lot worse these days and the crap.. I work at a school so I hear it all the time

Yeah it was stupid of the club to post it, but they were just reposting something that AJ posted himself on instagram, they weren’t the ones who put the music in. And that article is just fox sports baiting for clicks, there was deadset one person who complained about it on twitter, no one said anything on instagram. They made an article talking about “fans being outraged” and used one quote, the whole thing is just a media beat up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/coup...202de0f9d279fb

Sometimes you wonder why we bother. This is anything but building a better community for the kids.
    Good grief. It’s so disappointing.
    Personally see no issue with this whatsoever. The music is more appealing to the majority of the NRL supporters demographic and it’s a shame 1x boomer had a whinge on Twitter and Fox ran an article on it. The reddit thread about it is hilarious.

Take a leaf out of the NBA’s book and how they have marketed that sport to grow the way it has.

Spot on man, everyone on reddit was sticking up for us and saying that no one had a problem with it until Fox tried to cause an outrage. It's unfortunate that the media still tries to make us look bad whenever they can

Inactive User

Hate the N word but I appreciate the background information that hangingon and HS just added.
    Good news is that it appears it’s just a small blip on the Media landscape so it’s already dead.

First Grader

You need to appeal to the younger crowd. Unfortunately this is what theyre into these days

It's absurd that this is a story. Focus on more important things peopleeee
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Inactive User

I detest the N word as I said but now I know the background which is that it’s from AJ’s Instagram and that the twitter person at the club just re-tweeted it and then realised it should be deleted I agree it’s nothing.

If it had of been an official effort from GC Titans marketing then it’s a different story

Done with it now
    Next

PS-thanks again lads for the extra info
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 28-02-20 at 09:19 PM.