Lack of depth

You were attacked ironically by people who bleated on about being positive

It’s happening again already

We have serious issues in
    Key positions
    Salary cap
    Leadership
    Taylor

They need to be discussed this time and addressed or we once again are spending thousands of dollars in memberships that bring us, our family and community nothing but embarrassment and misery.
    How do you know that they aren't being addressed?? I'm tired of your constant negativity and having you point your finger in my direction with accusations of being too positive, a club plant etc etc.

We can all see the problems. You are no rugby league genius because you point them out over and over and over again. I would like you to give the forum proof positive that nothing you listed above is being addressed by the club.

I'm sorry if this is harsh, but I feel like I'm entitled to take a swing back.

Just because some of us choose positivity over pessimism doesn't mean you're being attacked. It simply means we are all different...and that's a good thing isn't it? At least we all come together under the Titans flag on game day.

^^^ as much as I have loved the freedom of the Forum over many years; through the bad times and worse, I think Meno’s comment best reflects my position. In my short return to Oz this week, I took the family to the Storm/Roosters game last Saturday as a way to show them that footy is more than winning. It’s a community that includes all types, even NSWailers.

On topic, I am certain that as frustrating as all of our many unsuccessful years have been none of our administrators have been blind. Inept maybe or poorly advised or even shonky at one stage but I can’t believe that the current group are hopeless. I’m renewing because I believe in the community including all of you tossers :-) enjoy it fellas because it’s all we’ve got, except ...

Go Burleigh!!! My junior club over half a century ago.
    Last edited by Titanic; 04-10-19 at 11:39 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    How do you know that they aren't being addressed?? I'm tired of your constant negativity and having you point your finger in my direction with accusations of being too positive, a club plant etc etc.

We can all see the problems. You are no rugby league genius because you point them out over and over and over again. I would like you to give the forum proof positive that nothing you listed above is being addressed by the club.

I'm sorry if this is harsh, but I feel like I'm entitled to take a swing back.

Just because some of us choose positivity over pessimism doesn't mean you're being attacked. It simply means we are all different...and that's a good thing isn't it? At least we all come together under the Titans flag on game day.
    I don’t want the debacle that was last off season to occur again. The constant swipes at MT, JB, myself when trying to discuss the root causes of our problems.
    I’ve said over and over again what they are.
    But once again The chest pumping of positivity is just playing the personal again. Be positive but don’t go then making out you are a superior fan or person.

We got the wooden spoon
    We put thousands of $$$$ into the club the members yearly.

I’ll say it again for maybe the third time today
    We need to address

Key positions (1,6,7,9)
    Salary cap
    Depth
    Leadership

Don’t want to get into a tit for tat though
    If you reply then am happy for you to get the last word in and then rule a line
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 04-10-19 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I don’t want the debacle that was last off season to occur again. The constant swipes at MT, JB, myself when trying to discuss the root causes of our problems.
    I’ve said over and over again what they are.
    But once again The chest pumping of positivity is just playing the personal again. Be positive but don’t go then making out you are a superior fan or person.

We got the wooden spoon
    We put thousands of $$$$ into the club the members yearly.

I’ll say it again for maybe the third time today
    We need to address

Key positions (1,6,7,9)
    Salary cap
    Depth
    Leadership

Don’t want to get into a tit for tat though
    If you reply then am happy for you to get the last word in and then rule a line
    Mate...expressing a positive attitude is not, in any way, done to portray a superior standpoint. That's absurd. I am not so ego driven that I would think of myself as better than anyone. I don't see how you understand a positive statement to be a personal attack...just because it is contrary to your point of view.

Nor does having a positive attitude mean we don't get pissed off with the results, with the signings, with the injuries, with the media loading crap on us, with opposition fans taking pot shots at us, just like you do. It just means that we realise that about all we can do is put our faith in the club and its staff to get the job done.

We can and do discuss key positions, salary cap issues, depth and leadership. But we realise that discussing things on here doesn't mean that what we decide is the direction the club will take. I doubt the club would visit this site to decide what to do on such matters. Jeez, we'd be a mess if they did. lol

As for the thousands of dollars we choose to give the club each year...well that's our choice. We do that to be a part of the club we love. It's not a business investment. The club doesn't promise a return on our investment and I've never understood the old "I've paid this club $$$...I demand success" expression of frustration. It's a little crazy.

Us positive posters (and I can be as negative as the best on here at times) are fully aware of the hole we're in. We aren't deluded in any way, and none of us have our heads in the sand with our fingers crossed that things will just fall into place. We have faith that the club will sort the rot out and turn things around.

I'm more than happy to leave this here as well...but people shouldn't be afraid to post a bit of positivity, hope and faith that we'll turn things around, for fear of upsetting those that are positive we're screwed.

Inactive User

^^^ ruling a line now on this Meno

Go the mighty Gold Coast Titans!!!!

^^^ ruling a line now on this Meno

Go the mighty Gold Coast Titans!!!!
    With you 100% on that, Mr Bods!!!!

If the "positive posters" can ask for evidence from the "negative posters" for proof that the club hasn't identified and is trying to fix problems is the same as the opposing view asking for proof they are. The fact that some of us point them out time and time again sort of shows me that the club isn't fixing the problems.

Anyway, I doubt that Bods was singling you out for the pre season positivity, there were plenty on here that were the same and plenty that weren't so be us negative, positive, realist or idealist at the end of the day we are all expressing our views which are opposed or agreed with by others. In the case of this year, your optimism was misplaced and our pessimism was warranted.

PS the club does read this forum. Probably not enough if they want an honest view of their fan base.

First Grader

I will stand corrected if I am wrong.

The Titans state they have got their off field activities in place. Well their membership department continues to be an absolute joke and their continued ineptitude ceases to amaze me.

Apparently kids won’t go free in 2020 and for a season membership will be $55. Whilst I don’t object to paying for kids to go and the price is still reasonable, there has been no communication whatsoever of this decision to its members other than the price being increased for the kids in the rollover membership with no communication being provided of this decision.

This is a complete lack of transparency by the Titans and continues the disgraceful administration by the Titans membership department.

A courtesy advice should have been given in the membership rollover email as to the reasons for the increase rather than disguising the increase and having to contact them to find out that this years increase is due to kids having to pay and that this important decision was made some time ago

They have tried to bury this decision without explanation. We deserve better and the sooner the Titans put a broom through their inept membership department and the Titans Board start operating transparently in all of their dealings with fans the better.

No wonder fans walk away when treated with contempt

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 12-10-19 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I will stand corrected if I am wrong.

The Titans state they have got their off field activities in place. Well their membership department continues to be an absolute joke and their continued ineptitude ceases to amaze me.

Apparently kids won’t go free in 2020 and for a season membership will be $55. Whilst I don’t object to paying for kids to go and the price is still reasonable, there has been no communication whatsoever of this decision to its members other than the price being increased for the kids in the rollover membership with no communication being provided of this decision.

This is a complete lack of transparency by the Titans and continues the disgraceful administration by the Titans membership department.

A courtesy advice should have been given in the membership rollover email as to the reasons for the increase rather than disguising the increase and having to contact them to find out that this years increase is due to kids having to pay and that this important decision was made some time ago

They have tried to bury this decision without explanation. We deserve better and the sooner the Titans put a broom through their inept membership department and the Titans Board start operating transparently in all of their dealings with fans the better.

No wonder fans walk away when treated with contempt

- - - Updated - - -
    As far as i can gather only roll over payment members have been contacted. I stopped rollover last year but in the past all previous members were contacted at the same time. After all, auto rollover is only different in the payment arrangements. When you look on the Titans website the membership packages are not even up yet which is pretty hopeless. I've already had emails and paid my Manly membership.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 12-10-19 at 08:49 AM.

Yeh I had to contact them to ask if we were getting more games as to why the membership went up.. and said it’s abit much to ask for more when the team didn’t look like they wanted to be there this year.. then got told of the kids don’t go free.. so I’m assuming they will not be allowing the kids to free tickets to general public this year also or this would be a disaster.. they should of mentioned in the email why the increase happened, all they did was cause a crap load of emails asking why and wasting time!

Hey just wondering if anyone can answer this, is there much of a difference apart from price from sitting on the same side as the legion group and the other side where they run out? We are thinking of changing our membership just to get out of the sun mainly for day games so we are considering behind the posts or titanium seats.. only difference I know off is apparently they have padded seats and I think the membership merch is a little different.. is that right?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Hey just wondering if anyone can answer this, is there much of a difference apart from price from sitting on the same side as the legion group and the other side where they run out? We are thinking of changing our membership just to get out of the sun mainly for day games so we are considering behind the posts or titanium seats.. only difference I know off is apparently they have padded seats and I think the membership merch is a little different.. is that right?
    Titanium seats are not padded. I think the price difference is pretty large.
    I used to sit behind the posts at the northern end and I personally really liked it there and they weren’t expensive.
    I’d be still there today if my wife didn’t insist we move to the western titanium seats again.

I totally agree that Eastern in the sun is a pain in the bum.

If I was to give you advice having been a member in a number of parts of the stadium I’d say go the northern end right behind the sticks in one of the first 3 rows.

Thanks mate.. I have been behind the posts before back in the good ol days when we were winning but haven’t been there for a long time.. yeh the price difference is quiet abit so wasn’t particularly sure why so much, if there was much difference.. will try behind the posts I think this year, can always change if need be.. cheers mate

Titanium seats are not padded.
    Actually the seats that are in the bays in front of the function lounge are padded. A few years ago these seats were not open to members but they opened these up to Titanium members about 4 years ago. Our Titanium seats are padded but I still left most games with pain.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Actually the seats that are in the bays in front of the function lounge are padded. A few years ago these seats were not open to members but they opened these up to Titanium members about 4 years ago. Our Titanium seats are padded but I still left most games with pain.
    I know those seats but because nobody ever sits in them I wondered whether they were available to members?? So what you shared then is interesting.
    For my personal taste the padded seats are too far from the sideline anyway.