Default Courier Mail fans survey.

I can't find the link but in the paper today there is the results of the annual survey that the CM does on the game.
    Some interesting results but one that I found to be very interesting and true is the question of which player was the worst buy of the year.
    25% of the vote went to Tyrone Peachey who was the worst buy.
    15% of the vote went to Shannon Boyd who was second worst buy.
    So 40% of the vote went to two of our players, says a lot about or recruitment when fans from other clubs can see what a failure these players were.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I can't find the link but in the paper today there is the results of the annual survey that the CM does on the game.
    Some interesting results but one that I found to be very interesting and true is the question of which player was the worst buy of the year.
    25% of the vote went to Tyrone Peachey who was the worst buy.
    15% of the vote went to Shannon Boyd who was second worst buy.
    So 40% of the vote went to two of our players, says a lot about or recruitment when fans from other clubs can see what a failure these players were.
    Then on top of that they could have a question "what player is the most overpaid". Ash Taylor would scoop that, so it shows how much behind the game we are. Our recruitment and contract renewals are atrocious. Of course DCE can be blamed for much of the Taylor situation as his backflip caused us to pay way overs to Taylor. At the time I just didn't think it would be the massive overs it has turned out to be.

Coaching plays a big part of it too in my opinion. Good coaches know how to get the best out of all of their players, and it can be a quick turnaround. Look at your blokes this year MT - the players were atrocious last year under Barrett and all bar 3 or 4 of them were average at best. You finished 15th. Now look at what Des has done this year and he has "nuffies"/no names like Parker and Gosiewski and hell even Elliot playing top footy and even Walker, AFB and Sironen have improved in leaps and bounds.

Not saying that we are going to see Peachey, S Boyd and Watkins suddenly become immortals but I don't believe that Peachey can go from NSW rep to a reserve grader just by moving clubs. Under a new coach we might well see improvement and some return on investment, especially if he trains them hard over the off season and gets them fit and some new plays under our wings. It's very possible and I guess we will see if they start playing some good footy next year.

Just food for thought that it could be down to the coaching as to why these players are playing poorly

Rep Player

Agree BT. Des developing Brad Parker from meme to GOAT is nothing short of a miracle.

I'm waiting for the "Brennan tells all" expose. We all thought we had a pushing for top 8 roster this year so we have the cattle and with some of the deadwood being let go there is every chance that our new coach, Worcestershire Sauce and WS for short from now on (I heard it straight from the Sauce [sic]), can turn it around over an off-season.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I'm waiting for the "Brennan tells all" expose. We all thought we had a pushing for top 8 roster this year so we have the cattle and with some of the deadwood being let go there is every chance that our new coach, Worcestershire Sauce and WS for short from now on (I heard it straight from the Sauce [sic]), can turn it around over an off-season.
    Speaking of Brennan, anybody seen how he is in line to become the next Tongan coach? What an absolute backwards step that would be. Can you imagine how he would go trying to get Fafita to listen to him? Better still, trying to get them to play that horrid side to side style that he pushed on us, even though their main strength is bashing it up in the forwards. At least MoFo might get a run if he is coach..

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Coaching plays a big part of it too in my opinion. Good coaches know how to get the best out of all of their players, and it can be a quick turnaround. Look at your blokes this year MT - the players were atrocious last year under Barrett and all bar 3 or 4 of them were average at best. You finished 15th. Now look at what Des has done this year and he has "nuffies"/no names like Parker and Gosiewski and hell even Elliot playing top footy and even Walker, AFB and Sironen have improved in leaps and bounds.

Not saying that we are going to see Peachey, S Boyd and Watkins suddenly become immortals but I don't believe that Peachey can go from NSW rep to a reserve grader just by moving clubs. Under a new coach we might well see improvement and some return on investment, especially if he trains them hard over the off season and gets them fit and some new plays under our wings. It's very possible and I guess we will see if they start playing some good footy next year.

Just food for thought that it could be down to the coaching as to why these players are playing poorly
    There was a whisper at the start of the season that there was a player who would intentionally be bad because he regretted his move. Nek minut Peachey tries to get out of his contract. We stay strong and Peachey is the worst player in the league. Not the coaches fault.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    There was a whisper at the start of the season that there was a player who would intentionally be bad because he regretted his move. Nek minut Peachey tries to get out of his contract. We stay strong and Peachey is the worst player in the league. Not the coaches fault.
    He was doing just fine at Penrith and was one of their most lethal players. I agree his heart clearly wasn't in staying with us but now he's stated his intentions to stay for his contract so I can't see why he can't improve under a better coach. He's shown in patches the threat he possesses this year but obviously a mix of poor attitude and being used incorrectly has made him in the contention for worst buy of the season.

I think with a proper coach who actually knows how to use his players, and an increase in fitness training, our "terrible buys" can turn it around.