Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    First Grader

I think Mal is too as last week was his last Mal on Monday and he had run out of things to say

Rep Player

Anyone else hear Fatty Vautin say that Mal is moving back to Canberra soon? How can you develop and manage the culture of a club representing a city you don't even live in?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Anyone else hear Fatty Vautin say that Mal is moving back to Canberra soon? How can you develop and manage the culture of a club representing a city you don't even live in?
    If true he has to quit his job with us. Which he’s been a joke at anyway.

Inactive User

So as I’m walking out of the ground last night angry about the season as per usual out by the River in the northwest corner and out steps Sam Thaiday on his own right in front of me and this drunken little hobo looking fella over at the smokers cage sees him and calls out
    “Hey Petero Go the Furkin Dragons ayyyyyy”
    Thaiday waves and retreats as quick as he can to the pathway that runs beside the river
    Hobo’s mates then says to him “it was Thaiday you furkin idiot”

Gee it was funny. Helped me go home feeling much better.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 08-09-19 at 01:58 PM.

First Grader

No I didnt hear it but I thought at the time it was a bit weird that Mal wasn’t going to put out his weekly email tomorrow after the last game.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    No I didnt hear it but I thought at the time it was a bit weird that Mal wasn’t going to put out his weekly email tomorrow after the last game.
    Fatty said he was going to keep doing the Titans job while living in Canberra but fly up every week during the season. I hope he's wrong because it doesn't sit well with me having our culture boss living elsewhere.

Inactive User

Fatty said he was going to keep doing the Titans job while living in Canberra but fly up every week during the season. I hope he's wrong because it doesn't sit well with me having our culture boss living elsewhere.
    No! That’s completely unacceptable.

Will soon find out but I’m not believing that rumour. Doesn’t seem right when he’d have to be around the club almost every day and on game day. He may as well stay living on the Gold Coast rather than moving straight back to Canberra and being away from home for 5 or 6 days a week. Not adding up

Also announced last night was Craig Hodges is leaving. Taking a coaching role in the Q Cup for the next two years

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Will soon find out but I’m not believing that rumour. Doesn’t seem right when he’d have to be around the club almost every day and on game day. He may as well stay living on the Gold Coast rather than moving straight back to Canberra and being away from home for 5 or 6 days a week. Not adding up
    Unfortunately what willhelm mentioned is pretty well what Fatty said last night, to add to it, Mal's missus has a bit to do with them remaining in Canberra.

Fun Fact: 20% of our ladder points this year were earnt during bye/s throughout the season.
    Last edited by Toads; 08-09-19 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    No! That’s completely unacceptable.
    After listening to a few football heads last week when the relocation subject reared it's ugly head again, a handful of them wrapped by mentioning we had the wrong people employed at the moment. I'm beginning to believe there might be some truth to that common opinion.
    Last edited by Toads; 08-09-19 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Unfortunately what willhelm mentioned is pretty well what Fatty said last night, to add to it, Mal's missus has a bit to do with them remaining in Canberra.

Fun Fact: 20% of our ladder points this year were earnt during bye/s throughout the season.
    I thought Mals kids were in a school in Broadbeach some where ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I thought Mals kids were in a school in Broadbeach some where ?
    I wouldn't know, just relaying what Fatty mentioned last night.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post

Well I’d say to Mal then thanks very much but we want a Culture and Performance Boss that is 100% invested in the community and dissolve the position completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Last nights game spells the end of the “Christopher Skase 30 year Sporting Curse” that many believe has cursed our teams since he signed a 30 year lease on Carrara in 1989 and reneged on it.

2020 will bring an entirely new GC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Well I’d say to Mal then thanks very much but we want a Culture and Performance Boss that is 100% invested in the community and dissolve the position completely.
    Absolutely. The role is a BS one anyway and if the title was correct he failed totally in the performance part. If he is employed, like anyone (other than Board members) he needs to be here 100%.