Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Well I’d say to Mal then thanks very much but we want a Culture and Performance Boss that is 100% invested in the community and dissolve the position completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Last nights game spells the end of the “Christopher Skase 30 year Sporting Curse” that many believe has cursed our teams since he signed a 30 year lease on Carrara in 1989 and reneged on it.

2020 will bring an entirely new GC.
    Tend to agree with you, mate. Otherwise it's seen as a token gesture while having your hand out.

Also, if we're going to be mentioning curses, voodoo's, etc... I hope this idea of having navy blue as the predominant colour of our home Jerseys is dead and buried after this season. If it wasn't for Storm breaching salary cap some years back. The Navy blue jersey's would've delivered us 3 wooden spoons. As it stands, it's only 2 for now.

Rep Player

Just watched the replay. Thank christ this season is over. There were many players on the field last night that I hope I never see in titans colours again. The ones who will no doubt be here again due to bloated non sensical multi year contracts...well I hope they prove me wrong and show you can contribute to our club moving forward because they arent worth the paper their contract is printed on. Lets put a nail in 2019. I can honestly say I havent enjoyed watching footy this year. But hey we are the titans, we are here to stay and here's to an much improved 2020!

Tannah Wasnt polished, but i did love his physicality. made some great tackles on big men, strong runs, and has a ripping pass left to right - it is super fast through the air and will do some damage if he feeds a good centre early ball outside his opponent as they wont be able to make the ground up.

options and finesse weren't there yet, but he is learning about NRL pace on the run and these 2 games will help his development and his awareness of what he needs to do in the off season. colour me encouraged.

Arthurs is pretty awful. We might as well have left loyal club man Don there seeing as Arthurs is leaving and not offerign anything anyway.

Sami has locked done his wing spot in my opinion. not a finished product of course, but he actually looks like he wants to play and wear the jersey.

IT was the first time i have seen ANYTHING from Sam Stone, he looked a bit more likely to do something and get an offload or use some footwork than i had seen previously. He is probably a squad member and not top 17 if we are to do any damage though.

Wallace tried his balls off again. He deserves some respect for his season, only MOFO has had a better year on the whole i think.

Love AJ, but the titans have totally muffed his second year of development, he has almost stagnated due to not having a proper role in the team, just moving all over the shop. not fair to him.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Anyone else hear Fatty Vautin say that Mal is moving back to Canberra soon? How can you develop and manage the culture of a club representing a city you don't even live in?
    Man Mal cops some flak on tis forum. I heard the same comment from Fatty as well but I really couldn't care less where he lives. He spends most weekends doing Super Saturday as it is so he will probably spend the same amount of time as it is at the club. If his wife is happier in Canberra then he is ultimately going to be happier at work. It's not like the club is going to allow him to perform less of his responsibilities just because he chooses to live elsewhere.

I think a lot of people don't really understand what his role is at the club (which you could argue is the clubs fault because they have never publicly said) but I think as the season has gone on we have seen that it focuses on putting the right people in place for the club going forward. That has obviously included the new coach and it now looks like it also involves player recruitment. For years we have made bad decisions because our board members don't possess a footy brain. Frizelle and Kelly are doing wonders behind the scenes ensuring that this club will be here for years to come but without some direction about how to achieve it on the field then it will all b in vein. Mal is the Australian coach and knows how to select talent, he has also led Queensland through their most successful period ever - which was built on culture. He was never hired to coach, he was brought here to turn our culture around. I know it is easy to say that we have come last this year so he's not doing his job but he's not a miracle worker. With Brennan and Hodges at the helm and the overpaid, disproportionate squad that we had assembled this year it was only going to end this way. Hindsight is bliss but looking back now, we really had no chance.

That being said, this is where Mal will really earn his bucks. He has got the coach that he wants, he is putting the structures in place for him to succeed and is targeting the players that he has identified to help change our culture. Keep in mind Mal knows most of these players a lot better than what we do. So yeah, I don't really care where he resides. I think we are going to be a lot more successful moving forward with his help than without it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Also, if we're going to be mentioning curses, voodoo's, etc... I hope this idea of having navy blue as the predominant colour of our home Jerseys is dead and buried after this season. If it wasn't for Storm breaching salary cap some years back. The Navy blue jersey's would've delivered us 3 wooden spoons. As it stands, it's only 2 for now.
    Mate I couldn't agree more. It's time to put that horrible idea to bed and get back to playing in Gold Coast Titans colours. That strip that they wore in the last game is a perfect template for all future jerseys moving forward. Light blue, Gold and white are our colours.

Could not agree more on the jerseys. Please throw that navy blue rubbish in the bin and bring back the sky blue and gold that truly represents the Titans. Hopefully the club listens as I haven't heard one Titans fan say how much they loved our jerseys and new colours this year.

Can't agree NZfan. We had another player revolt and had our coach sacked because of it. His job is to stop that **** happening and toss players out of here that start it. If he isn't here then his heart isn't in it. There are other staff that are in high paying positions that also spend little to no time at the club and never attend games.

We are making changes for the worse if we allow these kinds of concessions.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Can't agree NZfan. We had another player revolt and had our coach sacked because of it. His job is to stop that **** happening and toss players out of here that start it. If he isn't here then his heart isn't in it. There are other staff that are in high paying positions that also spend little to no time at the club and never attend games.

We are making changes for the worse if we allow these kinds of concessions.
    He was also very vocal about letting Brennan make his own decisions and not stepping on his toes. Yet when the results weren't coming he had to do something. The player revolt came from the players that Brennan brought here or publicly declared that he could get the best out of! Players only revolt when there is a problem, it would be nice to back the coach every time in these situations but if half of the stories are true about Brennan then the club has made he right decision imo. The team isn't going to play any better with Mal in the grandstand. It would be nice to have him on a full time basis but we have to remember that we didn't employ him in a full time roll. He is still the Kangaroo coach and still has commitments to Fox.

I don't want Mal as our fulltime coach anymore than I wanted Walters. Helen Keller with Blind Freddy could have walked that QLD side to 11 straight wins. I'm saying that he got half the judgement right. Coach is gone but so should a lot of the players. Newcastle had no issue telling Ramien don't come back. If we did that to a couple of high profile flops then we may have had a different back end of the season rather than the diarrhea we've had to watch. He has failed this year in his primary role. Simple as that. Now we are going to let him not be on the Gold Coast for an indeterminate amount of time weekly but are expecting better results.

To me its the first part of him distancing himself from the club before the excuse comes that the travel is too much and wishes the club all the best.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I don't want Mal as our fulltime coach anymore than I wanted Walters. Helen Keller with Blind Freddy could have walked that QLD side to 11 straight wins. I'm saying that he got half the judgement right. Coach is gone but so should a lot of the players. Newcastle had no issue telling Ramien don't come back. If we did that to a couple of high profile flops then we may have had a different back end of the season rather than the diarrhea we've had to watch. He has failed this year in his primary role. Simple as that. Now we are going to let him not be on the Gold Coast for an indeterminate amount of time weekly but are expecting better results.

To me its the first part of him distancing himself from the club before the excuse comes that the travel is too much and wishes the club all the best.
    Yeah, but other clubs wanted Ramien.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Yeah, but other clubs wanted Ramien.
    Were the Knights sure about that? If we booted Peachey or Cartwright you don't think someone would pick them up?

i don't really care either way so i'm not trying to prove any points- but it didn't work well for the knights, or at least didn't help matters at all they were even worse once they let him go, and got flogged most of the run home

while i'm mentioning the knights - i think they and the dragons both under performed even more than we did with their resources and squads.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    while i'm mentioning the knights - i think they and the dragons both under performed even more than we did with their resources and squads.
    Lets not forget the Panthers.

Knights still flogged us but their problems stemmed from Brown and the Knights parting ways, not Ramien leaving. Bulldogs would be another good example of a coach taking control of his team rather than the tail wagging the dog.