Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Good vent MT and I don’t mind having my opinions shouted down but I stick by them. Locals should form the base of the club and be topped-up by imports. Call me old fashioned or call me naive but I want a Gold Coast club that is indicative of my home ... some might cynically argue that’s what we’ve got but I refuse to accept that we can’t muster a competitive roster from our juniors. Meninga is a waste of space and I publicly predicted this before he arrived and Hodges et al are useless. However, like the players they can all be sacked or moved on. The bottom line for me is I want a team on the Coast.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    There is a simple solution.....stop watching. Not pissed off, not tense. I'm not buying into this farcical excuse of a team. I won't watch another match until I see improvement. I won't be sitting on the forum while someone who obviously worked for the Titans spruiked how good we are going to be this year.

We suck until they show different. No use thinking anything different. No use investing emotion into a team that doesn't care about us. It's a toxic relationship.
    Agreed, JB. I done something contructive during the game. I got on building a retaining wall while partly listening to the game on the phone, only looking up at it when you could hear what crowd there was there, going off. Only to witness the knights going over for yet another soft try.

The players have made it hard to bother tuning into this rot. That intercept served up courtesy of peachy was comical, if you were offended by it, you have too much invested in this current squad.

Inactive User

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....891f541b99a168

Could someone post this Badel piece please?

I just went back to investigate the claim JB and bodsie. Full on mole planted in the forum. I teach Nazi Germany to students and they would be proud of the work by the person in question.

Not editing (can't be bothered) so read through the rabble between this love piece

TITANS
    Pathetic Gold Coast Titans hit a new low point in 38-4 thrashing by Newcastle
    There have been some low days since the inception of the Gold Coast Titans ` but this might be the lowest. The club’s 38-4 loss to Newcastle was absolutely disgraceful.

Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
    Subscriber only
    |
    August 31, 2019 5:45pm
    You're watching
    Knights' 90m playground try
    Continue watching
    Related contentTrending now
    UP NEXT

NRL: The Nescastle Knights have scored a stunning 90m try off the back of a Mason Lino interception against the Gold Coa...
    MORE IN SPORT

Five things: Darius’ mental grit can’t be questioned

Where are they now: The Lions of 2009

New twist in Horn fight ring card girl controversy

NO WAY: Boyd won’t be a cap burden
    CONTRACT: Fifita wants to stick with Brisbane
    One must wonder what the Titans actually do on a day-to-day basis at Parkwood.

Do their highly-paid athletes train? Do they tackle? Do they sip lattes? Do their coaches apply any effective defensive and offensive structures in a bid to be a credible competitor in the NRL?

Apparently, the Titans are a professional NRL team.

Instead, they are so far off the pace they look like amateurs.

God bless incoming coach Justin Holbrook. Turning the shambolic Titans around next season will be an assignment almost as daunting as putting man on the moon.

Stream the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership on KAYO SPORTS. Every game of every round Live & On-Demand on your TV, computer, mobile or tablet. Get your 14 day free trial.

The Titans are assured of the wooden spoon. AAP Image/Darren Pateman.
    The Titans are assured of the wooden spoon. AAP Image/Darren Pateman.
    The Knights were hardly out of this world yesterday at McDonald Jones Stadium. But their 38-4 thumping of the Titans paints a grim picture of the state of the Gold Coast and why Holbrook should put the entire squad on notice in 2020.

“Internally we felt like we had made some progress lately to build what we need to as a club, but it wasn’t there today,” lamented Titans interim coach Craig Hodges.

“We wobbled and fell over. It was particularly disappointing.”

Hodges was too kind. The Titans’ defence was as disgraceful as it was pea-hearted. All seven of Newcastle’s tries were like mid-week training drills.

Gold Coast’s class of 2019 is the most mentally fragile group in the club’s history.

The Titans have now lost 10 games straight. They haven’t won since June and next week, they will say thanks to Titans fans in their final game at Robina by handing them the wooden spoon.

Precious few Titans can hold their heads high. AAP Image/Darren Pateman.
    Precious few Titans can hold their heads high. AAP Image/Darren Pateman.
    “We have one game left,” Hodges said. “We have a loyal crew of fans and we have to make sure we play until the 80th minute against the Dragons.”

Newcastle were never more vulnerable than they were this day. The Knights had been flogged 46-4 by the Tigers, coach Nathan Brown walked out mid-week and their finals hopes were shot.

The Titans even scored first in the fourth minute via Ryley Jacks. But there was one major problem. The Titans defend like the Southport under-8s.

The Titans were so insipid with their defensive reads they made Mason Lino look like Andrew Johns.

Have your say on the big issues facing rugby league. Click on the link below to take part in our NRL fan survey.

NRL Fan Survey 2019
    Start Survey
    Rookie Knights winger Bradman Best performed like Sir Donald Bradman.

Titans playmaking young gun Tanah Boyd made his NRL debut yesterday but he was badly let down by his teammates.

In the past two seasons, the Titans have leaked a staggering 1209 points. Holbrook must stop the rot.

LISTEN! On the Matty Johns podcast, Matty lets fly on the crisis engulfing his former club the Newcastle Knights, and the team look at the best NRL rivalries and recall some of their favourite interview moments.

Newcastle’s opening try in the 13th minute to Mitchell Pearce was the result of Jacks and Brian Kelly leaving a 10-metre gap between them. How does that happen in the NRL?

Titans English recruit Kallum Watkins summed up the defensive farce. He conceded two tries with limp jersey grabs.

It’s time for culture boss Mal Meninga to read the riot act and inject some heart at the Titans. Otherwise who could blame their best player, ironman Jai Arrow, for walking out to chase his premiership dream somewhere else.

The Knights did whatever they wanted. AAP Image/Darren Pateman.
    The Knights did whatever they wanted. AAP Image/Darren Pateman.
    Newcastle’s opening try in the 13th minute to Mitchell Pearce was the result of Jacks and Brian Kelly leaving a 10-metre gap between them. How does that happen in the NRL?

Titans English recruit Kallum Watkins summed up the defensive farce. He conceded two tries with limp jersey grabs.

It’s time for culture boss Mal Meninga to read the riot act and inject some heart at the Titans. Otherwise who could blame their best player, ironman Jai Arrow, for walking out to chase his premiership dream somewhere else.

NEWCASTLE 38 (M Barnett B Best L Fitzgibbon H Hunt S Mata’utia M Pearce C Watson tries M Lino 5 goals) bt GOLD COAST 4 (R Jacks try) at McDonald Jones Stadium. Referee: Gavin Badger, Chris Butler. Crowd: 8,274.

There have been some low days since the inception of the Gold Coast Titans ` but this might be the lowest. The club’s 38-4 loss to Newcastle was absolutely disgraceful.

Subscriber only
    |

Do their highly-paid athletes train? Do they tackle? Do they sip lattes? Do their coaches apply any effective defensive and offensive structures in a bid to be a credible competitor in the NRL?

God bless incoming coach Justin Holbrook. Turning the shambolic Titans around next season will be an assignment almost as daunting as putting man on the moon.

The Knights were hardly out of this world yesterday at McDonald Jones Stadium. But their 38-4 thumping of the Titans paints a grim picture of the state of the Gold Coast and why Holbrook should put the entire squad on notice in 2020.

“Internally we felt like we had made some progress lately to build what we need to as a club, but it wasn’t there today,” lamented Titans interim coach Craig Hodges.

Hodges was too kind. The Titans’ defence was as disgraceful as it was pea-hearted. All seven of Newcastle’s tries were like mid-week training drills.

Gold Coast’s class of 2019 is the most mentally fragile group in the club’s history.

The Titans have now lost 10 games straight. They haven’t won since June and next week, they will say thanks to Titans fans in their final game at Robina by handing them the wooden spoon.

"We have one game left,” Hodges said. “We have a loyal crew of fans and we have to make sure we play until the 80th minute against the Dragons.”

Newcastle were never more vulnerable than they were this day. The Knights had been flogged 46-4 by the Tigers, coach Nathan Brown walked out mid-week and their finals hopes were shot.

The Titans even scored first in the fourth minute via Ryley Jacks. But there was one major problem. The Titans defend like the Southport under-8s.

The Titans were so insipid with their defensive reads they made Mason Lino look like Andrew Johns.

Titans playmaking young gun Tanah Boyd made his NRL debut yesterday but he was badly let down by his teammates.

In the past two seasons, the Titans have leaked a staggering 1209 points. Holbrook must stop the rot.

“We have one game left,” Hodges said. “We have a loyal crew of fans and we have to make sure we play until the 80th minute against the Dragons.”

Rookie Knights winger Bradman Best performed like Sir Donald Bradman.

Inactive User

Thanks JB for posting the article. It was exactly what should be said about our lot.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 01-09-19 at 07:00 PM.

There ya go, bodsie. Pick your chosen format

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    I just went back to investigate the claim JB and bodsie. Full on mole planted in the forum. I teach Nazi Germany to students and they would be proud of the work by the person in question.
    Yeah we were played. He did a sterling job of it too.
    Something negative-how dare you, only good people are positive.
    Constructive criticism-what an outrage, you mustn’t be “one of us”.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Badel's and Badger's Mate View Post
    There ya go, bodsie. Pick your chosen format
    Thank you to you too and welcome to the Forum
    Not a fan of your choice of friends but welcome aboard
    Appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Appreciated
    Maybe a bit naive, but that's really slimy. I was reading the comments and it's so obvious.

Appreciated
    No need for the welcome, bodsie. Been around here for a while now. Just using this different account to post news stories as I use my original nick here that I use on other news sites.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Badel's and Badger's Mate View Post
    No need for the welcome, bodsie. Been around here for a while now. Just using this different account to post news stories as I use my original nick here that I use on other news sites.
    Understood. Very clever idea and thank you.

QLD Cup

Can you refer us to what you're talking about Bods. Maybe reply to the comment so we can see?

Inactive User

It be all in the 2019 squad and rumours thread probably going from Maybe November to March