Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Immortal

Default Titans V Newcastle

What do people think?

Inactive User

Matthews!!!!! Nooooooooo
    Jacks!!!!! Noooooooooo
    Arthurs!!!!!! Nooooooooo (because he’s a friggin Drongoe)
    AJ on the bench!!!! Nooooooooooo (play Gordon Wing and Arthurs at Prop for Burleigh for 80mins)

It's really strange that they've been playing Arthars lately, but maybe theres a small chance he is actually staying? I checked and the Broncos, NRL.com, and us have never confirmed the signing, there was just the one article from Fox Sports. It seemed legit at the time because he got dropped that week but it's pretty strange that it still hasn't been confirmed, and that we've started playing him again.

Inactive User

I’m thankful that Reins was suspended so that horrible arrangement of Peats at Lock isn’t happening again this week

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    It's really strange that they've been playing Arthars lately, but maybe theres a small chance he is actually staying? I checked and the Broncos, NRL.com, and us have never confirmed the signing, there was just the one article from Fox Sports. It seemed legit at the time because he got dropped that week but it's pretty strange that it still hasn't been confirmed, and that we've started playing him again.
    Good point and I didn't realise that it actually hasn't been announced by either club. The deal may have fallen through with Brisbane or they are simply waiting until the end of the year. Seems weird like you said that we are playing him over guys like Don and Spry who are here next year.

Someone will have to ask him if they see him at a game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’m thankful that Reins was suspended so that horrible arrangement of Peats at Lock isn’t happening again this week
    Agreed, Arrow is our 13 for as long as he wants to be. The only thing I wish Jai would have is a bit of ball playing in him. Guys like JTurbo, Murray and even Taumalolo has developed it have a passing game rather than just being another run it up prop

Arrow showed some skills early on then had them coached out of him.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Arthars is definitely gone guys. He has been coached by Seibold before and they have mutual respect for each other. Chance of playing FB at the Broncos too.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Agreed, Arrow is our 13 for as long as he wants to be. The only thing I wish Jai would have is a bit of ball playing in him. Guys like JTurbo, Murray and even Taumalolo has developed it have a passing game rather than just being another run it up prop
    He's begun to offload more and more which is great, apart from the fact that our hookers are never prepared for it and the ball just goes to ground.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    He's begun to offload more and more which is great, apart from the fact that our hookers are never prepared for it and the ball just goes to ground.
    Oh yeah how many times did a player of ours offload the ball last weekend and their teammates weren’t paying attention
    We are amateurs

Rep Player

Oh yeah how many times did a player of ours offload the ball last weekend and their teammates weren’t paying attention
    We are amateurs
    That's something that AJ is really poor at. All the top fullbacks are constantly sniffing around the ruck looking for some scattered defenders/markers to exploit. I rarely see AJ do it, but it could be an issue of coaching.

QLD Cup

We are amateurs
    That is one of the many reasons why I just don't see Rein getting any better. It should be instinctual as a hooker that if you see a offload you grab it and run. Peats is slightly better in the sense that he is ready for the offload but always looks to pass instead of pushing up through the advantage line and getting a quick play of the ball. I put a lot of it down to Brennan over coaching them and trying to play a side to side style through our halves but something has got to change there.

Also on Roberts, he would be the first player I got rid of. I wouldn't even think twice about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    That's something that AJ is really poor at. All the top fullbacks are constantly sniffing around the ruck looking for some scattered defenders/markers to exploit. I rarely see AJ do it, but it could be an issue of coaching.
    Again I put that down to coaching and Brennan playing his fullback out the back. He can't be everywhere but hopefully Holbrook can install that into his game. Gordon actually used to be really good at before here so hopefully between them they can coach it into AJ. It is where he would be most dangerous

Hearing whispers Tanah in for jacks or peachey. Not sure who I’d rather take a seat out of the side tbh. Probably jacks because he offers so little

Hopefully jacks, he offers absolutely nothing and it gives a good chance to see tanahs game management skills

Tanah and Peachey is worth a try.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.