Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

The team is a complete shambles.. I have lost interest in going to the games atm.. didn’t go to the last game cos I just had no interest, don’t even think I’ll waste my time or money for next one.. hopefully discounts or better incentives for next years memberships otherwise I might just watch on my phone to I see effort and some NRL standard team! I’ve been a mad titans supporter since day 1 but this is making me go bald quicker

First Grader

Until they start recruiting players with leg speed they will continue be down the bottom of the ladder. I don’t think I have ever seen a more slower team with Wallace, Whitbred, James, Peats, Arrow ( although he has other redeeming attributes) Stone, Cartwright, Latu, Matthews, Jacks, Watkins, Don, Gordon. The list just on
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 31-08-19 at 04:54 PM.

Inactive User

I’m so down with our team
    Imagine being Darryl or Rebecca
    They have done so much right

They don’t deserve it
    We the long suffering fans don’t deserve it

The kids growing up trying to support us most definitely don’t deserve it

First Grader

As I understand Rebecca did either over rule the committee or put the casting vote to appoint Brennan so she definitely has some responsibility
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 31-08-19 at 05:31 PM.

Fill the squad with local juniors ... get rid of the detritus ... I could take a couple of years of supporting locals and just add a marquee or two when they become available.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    As I understand Rebecca did either over rule the committee or put the casting vote to appoint Brennan so she definitely had some responsibility
    I took that into account when saying that
    Still deserves much better

First Grader

Whilst I agree with the sentiments, we don’t need slow local plodders like Wallace, Whitbred

QLD Cup

Sickening end to a horror season. How many will be at the game next week. How many will even tune in?

QLD Cup

Until they start recruiting players with leg speed they will continue be down the bottom of the ladder. I don’t think I have ever seen a more slower team with Wallace, Whitbred, James, Peats, Arrow ( although he has other redeeming attributes) Stone, Cartwright, Latu, Matthews, Jacks, Watkins, Don, Gordon. The list just on
    This is it. Our recruitment has just been terrible. We keep buying players that are in the exact mould of each other and players that are grafters rather than game breakers. You can add Stockwell and Copley to that list as well.

The worst part is in recent times we have gone through a phase where we have prioritised recruiting players wth a connection to the area (Ie. Gordon, Matthews, Stone, Wallace), hoping that they will build an identity for the club, regardless of whether they are actually first grade standard. I am the same as everybody else on here in believing that the way forward is by promoting and investing in local juniors, however all the recruitment has done in the last 2-3 years is block the pathways to first grade for these juniors. Take Spry for example. He has been stuck for a chance behind Brenko Lee and Copley all year. We know full well what both of those players can do as they have been tried, tested and have failed platy times in the past. When they both go down we recruit an english man coming off a major injury and throw him into the team without any consideration of giving our young players a crack. Then we wonder why players such as Jaxson Paulo leave for more opportunities. Look what the Bronco's have achieved this year with a bunch of young enthusiastic players. Then compare that to us with our bludging no-hopers. So frustrating.

There is a simple solution.....stop watching. Not pissed off, not tense. I'm not buying into this farcical excuse of a team. I won't watch another match until I see improvement. I won't be sitting on the forum while someone who obviously worked for the Titans spruiked how good we are going to be this year.

We suck until they show different. No use thinking anything different. No use investing emotion into a team that doesn't care about us. It's a toxic relationship.

Whilst I agree with the sentiments, we don’t need slow local plodders like Wallace, Whitbred
    I agree entirely and this sentiment on here that local juniors are going to solve everything is crap. Plenty of locals have had a crack and we are still in a complete mess. Look, I'd love a team full of locals but even blokes like James have peaked without ever getting to the heights we expected. Brimson has gone backwards this year. We need a mix, probably at the ratio we have now but the huge problem for me is why are blokes that come from outside such as Peats, Cartwright, Peachey etc going backwards when they come here. What happens. Then we sign absolute flops like Boyd on huge money and play him 30 minutes a game which is dumbfounding.

I'm just so over this club that I can't really express what I feel. The embarrassment just goes on but this clown that is our coach at the moment is more clueless than Brennan and it shows why we are going backwards if Brennan had these blokes as back up. Hodges coaching career should be shot after what he has done here - firstly playing Peats and Rein in the same starting team, doing an interchange today 1 minute before half time, including Boyd and then playing him where he did. The list goes on and I'm sure I have omitted the bigger clangers.

I was cautious when the club signed Mal to whatever make believe role it is because he doesn't play and these "consultant" roles are often worthless. Well, if he is in charge of performance and culture, he has failed and I am going to love reading his Mal on Monday excuse sheet this week.

I'm just rambling because I can't put in to words what I feel for the entire organisation at the moment. They can all get ****ed as far as I'm concerned.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    There is a simple solution.....stop watching. Not pissed off, not tense. I'm not buying into this farcical excuse of a team. I won't watch another match until I see improvement. I won't be sitting on the forum while someone who obviously worked for the Titans spruiked how good we are going to be this year.

We suck until they show different. No use thinking anything different. No use investing emotion into a team that doesn't care about us. It's a toxic relationship.
    I suspected that too JB and I did put it to him in a couple of posts and then he hit the road just before Round 1.
    He did a brilliant job too.
    If you weren’t totally positive about our amazing roster you were piled in on.

I think he was either from the club or a psychology student working on a thesis.

Exactly, first assistant to be hired should be a sprint coach

Has a club ever sacked a stand-in coach? Let’s be the first.
    Seriously though, as a Western Suburbs Magpies fanatic I went through years of horrid results prior to their removal from the top grade. Never once did I think that the players lost pride in their club or gave up trying. Not so here.
    A ray of hope for me is that Balmain will cease to exist in a couple of weeks.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Has a club ever sacked a stand-in coach? Let’s be the first.
    Seriously though, as a Western Suburbs Magpies fanatic I went through years of horrid results prior to their removal from the top grade. Never once did I think that the players lost pride in their club or gave up trying. Not so here.
    A ray of hope for me is that Balmain will cease to exist in a couple of weeks.
    I was one too and spent most of my time on the hill at Lidcombe oval. They certainly never gave up in spite of adversity