Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Inactive User

^^^ I agree that Mal gets all of 2020 before we move on him

QLD Cup

Highly indicative of our level of interest, how much comment generated by this game.

Meanwhile, what happened to the Cows, and how good are Canterbury. They have improved, we have gone backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Highly indicative of our level of interest, how much comment generated by this game.

Meanwhile, what happened to the Cows, and how good are Canterbury. They have improved, we have gone backwards.
    Was thinking the same thing about The Doggies. Pay was supposed to be the first coach gone this year. We all sat at home laughing at his team changes every week and the players he offloaded and sent to SL. Their star half was always injured and then they announce they'll be happy to pay half his wage to get rid of him. Team has come together and started to play for their NRL careers, got some confidence in themselves and now there is no talk of the coach getting sacked and they are winning games that they shouldn't have a chance to win. AMazing what happens when a team takes action against players that drop their bottom lips or who are under performing.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post

I only just watched the replay today. I didn't fancy ruining my Friday night.

From what I saw though, the end of the season can't come soon enough. We won't win another game for the rest of the season and the reason why I say that is game plan. The commentators love reiterating how we haven't won a game since Brennan left but for some stupid reason we haven't changed the way that we play at all. I remember when Hodges took charge he said that they weren't going to change up things too much because it is too late in the season. Well I think that decision may cost him another coaching gig in the future.

There wasn't really much to take from that game, it just kind of felt like a slow death. One positive I guess would have been how Arthars played (which is great considering how he is leaving) but I also think that Watkins showed a bit of class as well - especially when he put Arthars away down that edge. We just don't give him or Kelly enough early ball. All of our play is lateral and then we shovel our centres the ball with very little room to move. Hopefully this taste of NRL is enough for Watkins to gauge the level of competition and he can train hard over the off season and come into next ready to fire.

Besides that, I think that game proved a few other things. Peats is not a middle forward. Rein cannot play 80 min and is only good for 50min tops. Proctor probably plays his best attacking football outside of Peachey as he showed signs of hitting holes again and Mo was once again our best player. Oh and also, I can't see Stone becoming anything more than a depth player - he just isn't physical enough.

Inactive User

There’s no Storm thread yet so I’ll say it here
    Arthurs on the wing and AJ bench
    Piss Off, Arthurs is going to the Drongoes so play AJ at FB and Gordon Wing
    He’s once again gone Peats at Lock so we are midgets in the forwards
    And 2 backs in AJ and Lee on the bench again

Why do we bother.